IGNORED

Wanted: Treasure of Tarmin Aquarius

dr. kwack

If Tarmin for Aquarius is going for $60+ these days, I hate to think what Burgertime is at.

($60 for Tarmin doesn't pass the tummy test anyway....)

Burgertime is over 100 easy. I think I paid around that anyway. That's if you can find it. It's a tough one. Not melody chase rare but still pretty tough.

In the Aquaricart Rarity Guide, we ranked AD&D Treasure of Tarmin a 7 out 10, BurgerTime an 8, and Chess and Melody Chase a 9 (although I agree that of the two, Chess is probably a bit rarer; by all accounts, it didn't even get its own printed box). The only rarer games would be Zero In and Space Speller, the educational games, both ranked 10. I'll have all this information on my Aquarius website whenever I can finally find time to get it finished ... :mad:

In the meantime, you can indeed enjoy all these games on the original hardware with the Aquaricart! ;)

• Like 1

In the Aquaricart Rarity Guide, we ranked AD&D Treasure of Tarmin a 7 out 10, BurgerTime an 8, and Chess and Melody Chase a 9 (although I agree that of the two, Chess is probably a bit rarer; by all accounts, it didn't even get its own printed box). The only rarer games would be Zero In and Space Speller, the educational games, both ranked 10. I'll have all this information on my Aquarius website whenever I can finally find time to get it finished ... :mad:

In the meantime, you can indeed enjoy all these games on the original hardware with the Aquaricart! ;)

Ah, thanks for the info Jay. I assumed that Chess came CIB. Good to know. My Zero In is loose but my Space Speller is CIB.

The Chess box was apparently just a plain white box, with the front cover from the manual glued or taped to the front. I've only seen a few pictures of CIB copies of Aquarius Chess, but they're all like this. The cartridge was inside in the usual plastic tray, along with the manual and keyboard overlay (I didn't know until recently that it came with an overlay at all, since it isn't mentioned in the manual, but a collector sent me the last picture below which proves that it exists). Melody Chase, despite being almost as rare, at least got a printed box. The weird thing is that the Chess cartridge was manufactured with "glop-top" mask ROMs, just like the cartridges that were manufactured in larger quantities.

Here are a few pics of Aquarius Chess, including the box/overlay and cartridge board:

board.JPG

front.JPG

top.JPG

01FrontCover.jpeg

box.jpg

The Chess box was apparently just a plain white box, with the front cover from the manual glued or taped to the front. I've only seen a few pictures of CIB copies of Aquarius Chess, but they're all like this. The cartridge was inside in the usual plastic tray, along with the manual and keyboard overlay (I didn't know until recently that it came with an overlay at all, since it isn't mentioned in the manual). Melody Chase, despite being almost as rare, at least got a printed box. The weird thing is that the Chess cartridge was manufactured with "glop-top" mask ROMs, just like the cartridges that were manufactured in larger quantities. Here are a few up-close pics of Aquarius Chess, including the cartridge board:

board.JPG

front.JPG

top.JPG

01FrontCover.jpeg

Nice. I'll be keeping an eye out for one

Chess and Melody Chase a 9 (although I agree that of the two, Chess is probably a bit rarer; by all accounts, it didn't even get its own printed box). The only rarer games would be Zero In and Space Speller, the educational games, both ranked 10.

Thanks for counting all my missing cart games. :_(

Does anyone here have a complete Aquarius collection?

I dont. I think ianoid does now....I believe he may be the only 1 who does.

I still need chess, zero in and space speller. And basic, quick disk and the demo cart.

Aquarius is too hard to collect for.

I do have about 30 of the cassette tapes though cib.

I dont. I think ianoid does now....I believe he may be the only 1 who does.

I still need chess, zero in and space speller. And basic, quick disk and the demo cart.

Aquarius is too hard to collect for.

I do have about 30 of the cassette tapes though cib.

Nice! I'm guessing his copy of Zero In isn't boxed either is it? I've never bothered to collect the cassettes.... ?