IGNORED

HSC14 Round 5: Getaway & More Getaway! Bonus "Kaverns of Kfest"

Gotta getaway getawaaaaaaay :music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhGEGIBGLu8

Getaway - head diagonally away from the baddies [head away and heard them together] and make it round to your base [take them to the a far edge before heading back] you can maintain a small distance gap without problem - use diagonals/move ahead of turns.

New Getaway - spotted the "Ripdubski" and the "2016" - not sure if these quality as the easter eggs, will read it now! Yes seems smaller and possibly easier to navigate, the graphics could have been nicer. I wonder if there is a larger map than we think :ponder:

Beat my score with 10,500 but lower rank "Dangerous Type" - we'll play for Rank then Score for this round so learner robbers hurry through the levels to get a higher rank and then play again with more point grabbing in mind :thumbsup:

post-19705-0-88649100-1490361608_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-89711500-1490361621_thumb.jpg

Will put new poll on tomorrow :)

Edited by therealbountybob

I cheated, read the description and looked at the PNG file. Compared to the original map, the new one has more of separate neighbourhoods that are interconnected at the far end, less small streets going everywhere. It seems the "Easter Eggs" are about features in the map, like the texts you discovered and more. Nothing that really affects how to play the game. Apparently the hideout is at the exact same location on the map, it was just me who got the feeling it was more central. It appears the map may contain multiple hideouts, but when you lose a life, it will reset to the hard coded location irregardless on how the map looks like.

I was toying with the idea of combining some of the track ideas we used in Rally Speedway with this one, but those racing tracks normally have very few crossings so it might not work out so well. I think the original + the already made maps are enough for now.

• Like 1

Here comes the new boss... :music:

Latest Tables

Getaway

1st The Boss McKong $17,030 13pts*
2nd He was the Boss Deteacher $14,180 11pts
3rd Hardened Criminal trbb $9,960 10pts
4th Crafty Crook carlsson $8,010 9pts
5th Rookie Ronbber ultrasteve $3,370 8pts
6th Petty Thief RedThunder $1,000 7pts
7th Lowlife jblenkle $440 6pts
*includes 1pt new HSC record bonus :thumbsup:

New Getaway
1st Dangerous Type trbb $8,770 3pts
2nd Crafty Crook Deteacher $5,430 2pts
3rd Rookie Robber Carlsson $2,290 1pt

Kaverns of Kfest
1st trbb 47,946 2pts(PAL)
2nd Savetz 44,764 2pts(NTSC?)
3rd RedThunder 38,150 1pt
4th deteacher 37,610 1pt
5th ultrasteve 36,052 1pt
6th carlsson 32,570 1pt
7th Sleepy 30,788 1pt

For anyone wanting to improve, the getaway instructions (link on 1st post) have some good tips on gameplay :)

I had Atari 65XE with tape player in a really bad shape, mostly because I used to loose my temper very easy when I was young. So the space bar didn't work because I punched it after playing Henry House, return key was damaged when I couldn't beat last level in House of Usher, etc. Unfortunately it was stolen from my basement some time ago...