1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Check this out.. finally got around to trying SMS, and the colors seem off over Composite (although I'm probably one of the few who care about composite :lol:) I wonder if it's core related?... because the colors on the other cores (e.g. NES, Colecovision) seem fine over the same composite cable. It's kinda hard to take a good pic of a CRT, but this gives a basic idea between the NTMini and a original Genesis running the game. [...]

Currently the Nt mini precisely recreates composite video for the NES only. Kevtris might add such a feature for other consoles some time in the future. Other outputs are supposed to be as clean as it is only possible.

@kevtris is there a particular thing keeping you from implementing a c64 core? I know it had a keyboard originally but 4 directions and a fire button seems like it would cover most games.

yeah there's one giant thing: the total lack of time. I have 90%+ of a C64 core done- everything including a fake VIC to play all SID tunes on my synth. I just don't have time to finish it up as an actual standalone core right now. C64 is probably going to be one of the first computer cores I do though, simply because it was my favourite computer of the day, and I pretty much have one all done.

I was going to make a SID filter cart too for the audio, using my filter design from the same synth as well.

• Like 6

yeah there's one giant thing: the total lack of time. I have 90%+ of a C64 core done- everything including a fake VIC to play all SID tunes on my synth. I just don't have time to finish it up as an actual standalone core right now. C64 is probably going to be one of the first computer cores I do though, simply because it was my favourite computer of the day, and I pretty much have one all done.

I was going to make a SID filter cart too for the audio, using my filter design from the same synth as well.

Time is the ruiner of all good things. Oh well, maybe one day.

this is awesome to hear... do you have a roadmap or plan for the cores you're working on at all?

reading bits and pieces of this thread is really making it tempting to drop the money on a NT mini... don't think I can hold out for the Z3k, though I'd be very interested in that too!

Kevin, I noticed some (diagonal) graphic shearing during the title warp-in to Rolan's Curse 2 on the GB. Did you know about it? This is in RGB, and is regardless of the framebuffer setting.

Also, any comment to my request for (or plans to put in) Action Replay code support for the GB/GG/SMS?

• Like 1

Kevin, I noticed some (diagonal) graphic shearing during the title warp-in to Rolan's Curse 2 on the GB. Did you know about it? This is in RGB, and is regardless of the framebuffer setting.

Also, any comment to my request for (or plans to put in) Action Replay code support for the GB/GG/SMS?

Is it on single frame buffer? could be tearing from that.

I don't have time to add that stuff unfortunately.

• Like 1

Is it on single frame buffer? could be tearing from that.

I don't have time to add that stuff unfortunately.

is regardless of the framebuffer setting.

:) Sorry, I'm just jerking your chain. I know you're probably incredibly busy with multiple things at once. I just want to know how to write bug reports / requests in a way that none of their contents gets overlooked (as I'm paranoically starting to believe...)

• Like 1

OK, here's a comparison of Rolan 2 in the NT Mini GB core (green-hued pic) vs a capture from a Famicom + WideBoy + cartridge (greyscale pic).

Rolan's Curse 2 does a weird diagonal warp even on the real hardware; however some garbage at each scroll transition is visible on the NT Mini.

post-52926-0-30291900-1490973509_thumb.png

post-52926-0-79797000-1490973532_thumb.png

• Like 1

I've been lurking this thread for a long time now and having just received my Analogue NT Mini a couple of days ago wanted to thank Kevtris for the awesome work. I'm loving what is available thus far and can't wait to see what improvements can be made over time (and will be queuing up for the Zimba 3K along with everyone else in this thread). I know you are going to be busy for awhile with contract work, so the break-neck pace of new cores and bug-fixes will slow down, but I'll be anxiously awaiting whatever comes next...and playing a metric ton of 8-Bit goodness in the meantime :D

• Like 1

:) Sorry, I'm just jerking your chain. I know you're probably incredibly busy with multiple things at once. I just want to know how to write bug reports / requests in a way that none of their contents gets overlooked (as I'm paranoically starting to believe...)

yeah I didn't see that, sorry.

OK, here's a comparison of Rolan 2 in the NT Mini GB core (green-hued pic) vs a capture from a Famicom + WideBoy + cartridge (greyscale pic).

Rolan's Curse 2 does a weird diagonal warp even on the real hardware; however some garbage at each scroll transition is visible on the NT Mini.

thanks for the pictures, this helps a bunch.

• Like 2

It's firmware friday again. This time I have three more cores:

Adventurevision

Videobrain

Studio 2

Perhaps not the best cores ever, but they are here. Videobrain is going to be pretty useless without a keyboard unfortunately. I couldn't really shoehorn enough functionality into the controller to make it work.

Studio 2 is still somewhat a work in progress, but it is fully playable. I even have the "dying cat" audio in there. I actually built the audio circuit and characterized it for this. It kind of sounds like a vuvuzela or one of those air horns you hear at a ball game.

The "Kaboom" homebrew for the studio 2 is pretty good for the system IMO, and the pac-man is interesting and seems pretty playable too if you don't mind it sounding like an air horn serenade!

Anyways, enjoy!

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB2.0.zip

• Like 8

Adventurevision

Videobrain

Studio 2

Perhaps not the best cores ever, but they are here. Videobrain is going to be pretty useless without a keyboard unfortunately. I couldn't really shoehorn enough functionality into the controller to make it work.

Studio 2 is still somewhat a work in progress, but it is fully playable. I even have the "dying cat" audio in there. I actually built the audio circuit and characterized it for this. It kind of sounds like a vuvuzela or one of those air horns you hear at a ball game.

The "Kaboom" homebrew for the studio 2 is pretty good for the system IMO, and the pac-man is interesting and seems pretty playable too if you don't mind it sounding like an air horn serenade!

Anyways, enjoy!

Wow it really is amazing seeing these obscure (at least to me, don't be offended if you're a fan) systems brought back to life. Makes you wonder if they have a homebrew scene.

Btw do you have plans to support the 5200? It really had some good games/remakes (Adventure 2 homebrew is awesomesauce). And the ability to use a substitute controller solves the fact that the controller the system came with is a dumpster fire.

Adventurevision

Videobrain

Studio 2

So next Friday is likely Inty day ... yuk yuk and then "all your cores are belong to us" :)

I have not bought an Nt Mini because I shelled out a piece of soul for a NeoSD (I already knew I was going to hell, I just expedited the trip) .... you've got to tackle the NeoGeo on the Z3K, it's just gorgeous, nothing compares to "Arcade at home" like an AES or a CMVS (or Z3K if the moons align).

• Like 2

So next Friday is likely Inty day ... yuk yuk and then "all your cores are belong to us" icon_smile.gif

I have not bought an Nt Mini because I shelled out a piece of soul for a NeoSD (I already knew I was going to hell, I just expedited the trip) .... you've got to tackle the NeoGeo on the Z3K, it's just gorgeous, nothing compares to "Arcade at home" like an AES or a CMVS (or Z3K if the moons align).

Idk why but I have an unhealthy obsession with Magician Lord. It is just so gorgeous and when you factor in the age that is ridiculous.

Idk why but I have an unhealthy obsession with Magician Lord. It is just so gorgeous and when you factor in the age that is ridiculous.

It's pure arcade bliss but when I played on my 161-in-1 (before the NeoSD) without cheating I found out that later levels are insanely hard .... I mean "fuxx me with sand paper" very hard .... also you can tell it's an early game, the main character is a little stiff (like "someone stuck a broom up your axx" notably stiff).

Now with the "ports" I believe there's only 1 game exclusive to NeoGeoCD (SamSho RPG) as I don't count those 2 "collection" bonus material CDs or those 2 promo demo disks ... to be fair though the new CD based music tracks are very good so I am on the fence on keeping/selling my NeoGeoCD.

Adventurevision

Videobrain

Studio 2

Anyways, enjoy!

Thanks, will have a play with the new cores today. Have been really looking forward to the AdventureVision core.

Anyone (other than Kevtris) made a PS2 adapter yet? Had hoped someone would start selling them to save me the hassle. I liked the little PCB Kevin made, if I end up making one I dont think mine will look that posh.

Edited by Radfoo