IGNORED

Fest West 2017

Omega-TI

Have you done anything TI-99/4A related this past year?

Would you like to see it 'go down in TI History'?

Whether or not you can make it to TI Fest West 2017, you can still have something you've done included in the "Fest West Files Pack".

All you need to do is ZIP it up and send it to me in a PM by the end of April 11th. On April 12th I'll be burning all the CD's to go into the attendance packs.

From codehackcreate.com:

A small update to fix a sprite collision bug where sprite collisions were being incorrectly detected outside of the active display, and added hybrid VDP register write restriction to mask VDP register writes to three-bits when the F18A is locked, like the real 9918A does.

I believe the fix is related to the 5th sprite flag and not the collision flag. The fix important for running the Megademo and other software relying on scanline effects.

And then there is a fix related to 80 column mode to make more old software compatible.

I had alot of fun last year. I am going to be attending this years event. I am more a gamer than anything else, but I love and appreciate what this computer can do. I will be interested in picking up some multicart games at the event if possible and have my system modified to play them. So many great people who love and appreciate classic computing, that it cool to see.

• Like 1

Will anyone be selling a flashcart at the event? If not that is alright, happy to see what others have created for this fun event.

You might want to talk with arcadeshopper, I bet he can work something out with you on a FlashROM. Oh, there will also be a presentation and demonstration of the new yet to be released FinalGROM 99 (using a prototype cartridge).

This will be my first time attending TI Fest West. I'm working on porting a game that might be ready in time to show at the event. I won't be able to demo it on my system though, since I don't have a FlashROM yet, and I'm hoping either to purchase one at the event or borrow one for the day. I'd prefer a FinalGROM but sounds like it won't be released by then.

This will be my first time attending TI Fest West. I'm working on porting a game that might be ready in time to show at the event. I won't be able to demo it on my system though, since I don't have a FlashROM yet...

I'll have a system with a FinalGROM 99 at Fest West, so when you think you have something to test, fire it off in a PM and I'll make sure it works.

I will make a presentation of the Future of the XB ROM and changes that could impact all XB versions including a SAMS version of XB that has VDP Strings & VDP Stack in RAM for a insane speed increase.

How about a copy of the latest TI Gamebase on the CD?

Victor Steerup creates a yearly CD for the Chicago Faire with wide ranging but always fascinating content. I have been collecting them for years now.

While I sadly can'take make Fest West this year, I am super excited that it's gaining so much interest. I really hope you can continue with it and make it a destination for the TI community.

• Like 3

Looks like moving it a little further south this year reduced the number of people from up north. :_(

gallery_35324_1027_17073.jpg

Well if you move farther north you lose more people as more live south then north of location.

Like me I am not going to drive 4 1/2 hours when it was already 2 1/2 hours as that would double the distance to get there and home in a 24 hour period.

Edited by RXB

Yeah, you got it made this year Rich. It's probably only about a 1/2 hour each way for you, if you're driving, as opposed to an hour last year. I can't complain, it's only 45 minutes for me, not all that bad, considering how far people like Tursi, Sinphaltimus, Sparkdrummer and Airshack are travelling.

Yeah, from the Seattle it's about 2-1/2 hours, but hey, it's the weekend and Fest West is only once a year!

post-35324-0-21888000-1491405519_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-17479200-1491405531_thumb.jpg

Yeah, you got it made this year Rich. It's probably only about a 1/2 hour each way for you, if you're driving, as opposed to an hour last year. I can't complain, it's only 45 minutes for me, not all that bad, considering how far people like Tursi, Sinphaltimus, Sparkdrummer and Airshack are travelling.

Yeah, from the Seattle it's about 2-1/2 hours, but hey, it's the weekend and Fest West is only once a year!

It's 3 hours from Seattle, and that doesn't take into account traffic. (Which is ALWAYS horrible in Seattle.)

Traffic is pretty much bad until you get past Olympia. I used to live in Tumwater when I briefly had a job with the state, then I had to commute to Bellevue/Redmond for six weeks until I was able to break my lease and move up closer. It was a two hour commute IF I was lucky, more often than not I wasn't. Tacoma in particular is a black hole of chaos when it comes to traffic, it's a choked nightmare one day and weirdly clear the next day at the same time.

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO! Not very far east either I would imagine as AtariAge lists your address as the same town as Fest West! ;)

I was trying to avoid rubbing it in, but yes, I can attend on the way to picking up a gallon of milk. Good news is, if anything is needed last minute for the show I could likely just run home and grab it.

• Like 1

It's 3 hours from Seattle, and that doesn't take into account traffic. (Which is ALWAYS horrible in Seattle.)

Thanks for the the update. I'd much rather trust a local like you who lives and commutes up there, than a computer that does not factor for the realities of real life.

Three hours works! Fest West Starts at 9:00 am so if you leave that weekend morning at 5:45 am you can be out of town before the real snarls begin, and still get here early! :)

The drive would also give you time to listen to those TI podcasts from last year.