IGNORED

Which of these buttons says "Atari!" to you?

hizzy

At one point I though # 2 was spot on, but I just placed it next to a CX-40 from a 6 switch, and I am noticing the red color in the button. Since I have more trust in a screw-in type model, I think I will go for 2 or 4. I wish 1 had a screw in version :(

Wow! The concave button never occurred to me. I looked at Japanese buttons because I like their responsiveness, but I will try the IL buttons, too!

If you're a fan of Japanese buttons then I think you'll like the IL if you put a 20g microswitch in it. It should have about the same tension as a Seimitsu PS-14-KN/GN button but with a more traditional American arcade feel due to the concave shape. :)

If you're a fan of Japanese buttons then I think you'll like the IL if you put a 20g microswitch in it. It should have about the same tension as a Seimitsu PS-14-KN/GN button but with a more traditional American arcade feel due to the concave shape. :)

Does the IL come in 30mm? I think a larger surface area is also beneficial. Thanks!! :)

Does the IL come in 30mm? I think a larger surface area is also beneficial. Thanks!! :)

They're standard American 1 1/8" size, the same size as Happ just a little smoother and higher quality. They will fit in 30mm holes just fine though. There will be a little wiggle room when you insert the button but it's a non-issue once you tighten the lock ring down.

Hi Everyone!

I've ordered a ton of buttons to see how they feel:

1) I have some of # 1 on the way. I love the color, and find it a perfect match for the original Atari buttons. If it was concave, it would be a slam dunk choice.

2) Initially, I ordered a bunch of # 2. I thought that was a perfect match, but I think I was swayed by the easy install and because I'm familiar with Sanwa buttons. They feel nice.

3) I kind of knew # 3 wouldn't be popular. I think the orange looks very '70's. That's what probably caught my eye

4) I didn't think # 4 would be popular at all. Wow, was I wrong! This is a Seimitsu button. They feel great, too. Install is a breeze with these.

I've ruled out Happ buttons because Happ isn't the Happ of the past. I have an order of IL buttons coming with super sensitive switches. I am curious to see what these feel like. My next step is to mount them in a wood board. I'll drill holes and line them up one by one. I want to see how they look, and how they respond. I want this to have an Atari look, but style is only one consideration. I want this stick to feel great!!

I hope to have photos of my prototypes and work in the coming days. :)

Edited by hizzy

I'd say none of the above, only because none of them are concave like the button on a CX-40. If you want a button that's really authentic looking and high performance I'd recommend buying two Industrias Lorenzo concave buttons, one black and one red. Take the plunger out of the red one, stick it in the barrel of the black one (which is very simple to do), add a nice 20g soft touch microswitch, and you're good to go. :)

39aagDg.jpg

Who made that enclosure? I'm having trouble finding something similar for a 7800 project. I want an enclosure with only 2 buttons, but the only thing I've found is a six button fight stick layout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk