IGNORED

Skyway

Asmusr

It doesn't look very good, does it? I don't really think I want a man, especially not a man with a gun since I don't have any plans for this to be a shooting game. But it would be nice to have another sprite than in Bouncy. One idea would be to use a spring. It could expand and contract when it jumps.

What about something like a "Beholder". A fleshy ball with multiple eye ball stalks. Very alien looking.

Here is a new version. It has 4 levels with different music, 3 lives, and different effects when you touch tiles that are not blue (speed, slow, long jump, points, extra life).

It still a very rough game. The level design is more or less arbitrary and was done before I added effects to the tiles! I haven't reached level 4 yet, so I don't know if it's playable.

skyway.dsk

skyway8.bin

skyway.rpk

• Like 2

Here's a version that will probably be the latest for a while (since I want to work on something else). I added a few small changes, including making the sparks more visible.

I have include the source code. If anyone is interested in designing some new/more levels for the game (something I find rather tedious) you can see how it's done in the magellan/leves.mag file. It's as simple as editing a map in Magellan.

To build the project you need the Ralph's xas99 tools (and Python) on the path, and to build the cartridge images you need Java.

skyway.dsk

skyway8.bin

skyway.rpk

Skyway-src.zip

• Like 7

GREAT WORK!

Here's an arcade game called Monster Farm Jump that's along those same lines that might give you some ideas for different tiles and such:

I remember the first time I played Bouncy it made me think of Monster Farm Jump.

What I respect about (and am blown away by) with Skyway is how Rasmus created an insanely fun and addictive little game nearly as an afterthought from his 3D scrolling tech-demo. That means that Rasmus' afterthoughts are better than most people's fully fleshed-out plans!

Dude, you never cease to absolutely amaze! Truly! Thank you for dreaming out loud!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...