IGNORED

HSC14 Round 6: Mountain King

OK Round Extended until 10pm Monday 17th April.

Be sure to try Crisis Mountain, It's a bit slow but I like it a lot :)

Also top players see if anyone can beat a level on Mountain King's Night Mode (Press Option instead of Start) :)

And this means there's still time to vote for Round 7 too :grin:

• Like 1

Ugh. Must've tried a dozen times to get the flame up that damn mountain.

snakeboy, roadrunner, ultrasteve, carlsson, jblenkle and anyone else pulling their hair out on level1! - try out an escape route without the crown. I'm going left after getting it then up using jumps to reach ladders at soonest chances, then at the top part running right and on the top peak of the mountain you can hold the same jump for the first 3 platforms and then another for the top 3. wait on the ladder for the bats to start before going across any long horizontal bits and remember you can jump over them or drop down to avoid them :)

• Like 1

67,060 - Finally made it to level 2.

snakeboy, roadrunner, ultrasteve, carlsson, jblenkle and anyone else pulling their hair out on level1! - try out an escape route without the crown. I'm going left after getting it then up using jumps to reach ladders at soonest chances, then at the top part running right and on the top peak of the mountain you can hold the same jump for the first 3 platforms and then another for the top 3. wait on the ladder for the bats to start before going across any long horizontal bits and remember you can jump over them or drop down to avoid them :)

Thanks for the advice. For some reason I was being stubborn and kept going right after getting the flame. Once I started going left, it seemed like I had more success.

post-23265-0-33766500-1492447525_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

67,060 - Finally made it to level 2.

Thanks for the advice. For some reason I was being stubborn and kept going right after getting the flame. Once I started going left, it seemed like I had more success.

:thumbsup:

I reached level 5 for the first time (78,100) but walked into a flame under pressure (that's me under pressure not the flame). I had to go R on this level as a bat seemed to always go along the bottom row from the left but then I doubled back L haha! I'm wondering if the bats are pre-programmed / have hard coded positions which would make it easier with a bit of strategic waiting for them to pass :ponder:

@deteacher - When you collect a chest the bunch of gems that appears only gives you another 10 - is there any reason not to collect the gems. If you get more bats do they stay on to make the escape harder?

Crisis Mountain - reached level 6 18,247 - I whipped through the first 3 levels but had a much lower score - though this was my own choice not to collect everything I suppose. Yes McKong it's slow but worth persevering - when you get hit take cover until you recover [crawls under rock] :D

Reminder this round and the poll close in about 3 hours time :spidey:

Congratulations to "King of the Mountain" Dope who wins the round but didn't quite managed to complete the game ;) Deteacher and McKong for reaching level 6 took runner up spots :thumbsup: Mountain King is perhaps a required taste but we founds another goodie in Crisis Mountain so I'm pleased with that :) Mountains will remain a mystery... for now :-o :D

Final Tables

Mountain King (level x 1 million plus score)

1st Dope 7,105,950 12pts
2nd Deteacher 6,219,470 11pts
3rd McKong 6,120,700 10pts
4th RedThunder 6,116,500 9pts
5th CaptainClassic 5,127,590 9pts
6th therealbountybob 5,078,100 8pts
7th JK40001 4,077,850 7pts
8th snakeboy 2,067,060 6pts
9th Sleepy 2,046,110 5pts
10th jblenkle 1,037,860 4pts
11th roadrunner 1,035,250 3pts
12th carlsson 1,027,390 2pts