IGNORED

SpartaDOS X 4.48

drac030

ok, solved..

how i can flash ONLY side II via u1mb atari?

uflash freezing, not enought memory, mix of strange letters..

very very very buggy software

Boot your machine with SpartaDOS X enabled on the U1MB. Run uflash from an external drive or attaches SIO2SD or SIO2SD device with the command: x uflash.xex

And coming to the author's thread to complain about his "very very very buggy software" is probably not a good idea, especially when it works perfectly for most of the rest of us. ;)

Edited by DrVenkman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a function, utility, tool etc.. that can read a sparta directory and reorganize it?

I dont see anything for displaying a directly by file type, only by date. I would like to see my bigger directories (HD) with files and then directories.

As fas as I can tell it just arranging everything one after other when it is written? many a program to re-organize and rewrite the diectory.

James

The reason I noticed this is that I tried to use CLX to repair the bitmap on a 16MB megadisk that used 3.2, and it reported hundreds of errors, such that I couldn't get through the run without allowing CLX to fix the directories.

I forgot: the CLX has the command line switch /I = "ignore harmless errors". When you specify /I at the end of the command line, the "wrong" directory header status should get ignored. The switches are listed when one runs CLX without parameters.

post-6049-0-43877800-1492703828_thumb.png

Edited by drac030
  • Like 4

I do not own any hardware capable of making screenshots or films from the real hardware. So when I need to do such a thing, and there are no critical details which would prevent it, I use Altirra the emulator to produce the screenshot. This is the case above.

• Like 1

So I have a question.

I am trying to setup my harddrive (CF card) on my incognito.

I have created a boot drive e: and I have my config.sys and autoexec.bat on there. I also have a \system directory

in that \system directory I have created an \apttools and \sptatools directories and copied both of those trees into them. with the sparta tools I used Fujimans batch to unarc everything into it.

Now as I understand it, if my PATH is car:;e:\system\ Nothing below the \system directory is in the path correct?? so although I have all those tools there, I cannot get to them through the PATH tool.

Is there a way to use Path recursivly? FIND does it for example?? OR am I just best to copy what I think I will use on a regular basis into the \system directory and not slow the response down while it would search through all the recursive directories, since its a HD I wondered just how slow it would be.

James

So I have a question.

I am trying to setup my harddrive (CF card) on my incognito.

I have created a boot drive e: and I have my config.sys and autoexec.bat on there. I also have a \system directory

in that \system directory I have created an \apttools and \sptatools directories and copied both of those trees into them. with the sparta tools I used Fujimans batch to unarc everything into it.

Now as I understand it, if my PATH is car:;e:\system\ Nothing below the \system directory is in the path correct?? so although I have all those tools there, I cannot get to them through the PATH tool.

Is there a way to use Path recursivly? FIND does it for example?? OR am I just best to copy what I think I will use on a regular basis into the \system directory and not slow the response down while it would search through all the recursive directories, since its a HD I wondered just how slow it would be.

James

Why not make a partition your PATH=CAR:;F:;?

and put anything you need in your path partition.

You will have to add the two subdirectories to the path too, i.e. e:\system\apttools e:\system\sptatools. This is the way PATH works (not only on SDX, but also on Windows and Linux).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

started having difficulties using 4.49b with APE and mixed DOS copy from drive to drive.... Copy from sparta to mydos disk etc and it's not happy.... but earlier sparta x's are no problem not sure what's going on as I haven't had a close look at it... If I can pull the directories and I can, it should in theory be able to copy.... but it fails...

Edited by _The Doctor__

@_The_Doctor__: the SIO drivers in SDX have not been changed for ages, so if you suddenly experience problems, something else must cause it. You can always try to switch to OS routines (DEVICE SIO /A) and see if it makes a difference - if you have IDE+ or an OS with highspeed SIO, that is.

@rdea: /N is "skip existing destination files". So it is not very clear for me, when /N 2 is supposed to stop - after copying two files, after skipping two files, or ... ? If the former, why this parameter is to be added to /N?

Edited by drac030

Could be I was using the older Sparta most of the time as I liked to use 64 char mode displays... and have started testing about with 4.49b again. I will download the latest and flash it on one of the super sparta x carts, If I can get it to work and at full speed I will switch the others over to it.... If I can't then I will roll all the carts back to the last version that will. I have always used Sparta and enjoyed the fact it used just about everything to it's fullest potential without too much hassle. I'll give it another go.

okay I'll wait for C, No sense in wasting flash cycle and time on what will surely be replaced with a better version probably addressing most issues. I am slowly trying to be of use in testing like at was at the start. So many years so little time :)

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 3 weeks later...

@rdea: please provide more information to reproduce the issue. Ideally: an ATR image with CONFIG.SYS to boot the SDX from and the binary files which do not work.

The binary files I was trying to use are on the CAR: portion of the SDX449 rom file. And hiding the OVL files fixed the problem.