IGNORED

FREE: Texas Instruments Omni 800 Model 840 printer in Marketplace

Mitkraft

I sadly can not answer any of your questions. If you check the linked thread there are some more details. The short of it is that I've never tested or used it. I also am not knowledgable enough to answer your question about the CorComp card. If there was a simple way for me to test the printer with what I have (I have a TI 99/4A with PEB, Nano PEB, Flash99 cart) then I'd be willing to try. Local pickup would get preference but if nobody local wants it we can talk about shipping. Fair warning, it might be expensive-ish.

Here is the back of my corcomp card ..... Either of those connections look like a thing that connects to the printer ?

the printer is either centronics parallel or rs232

your corcomp card works with a parallel printer heres the manual http://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets%20and%20manuals/Hardware/CorComp/triple%20tech%20manual.pdf page 3 has the details.

one ribbon cable goes from the card to a rs232/parallel card the other to the printer and needs one of these cables to hook to a printer that supports it

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/cabled/L1156?

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1

the printer is either centronics parallel or rs232

your corcomp card works with a parallel printer heres the manual http://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets%20and%20manuals/Hardware/CorComp/triple%20tech%20manual.pdf page 3 has the details.

one ribbon cable goes from the card to a rs232/parallel card the other to the printer and needs one of these cables to hook to a printer that supports it

http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/cabled/L1156?

Greg

Greg you are the man, much appreciated!

Right now I have a lantronix hooked up to my rs232, but I think the serial connection has two ports. Do I need one of those Y splitters then for my rs232 card?

Wow, I guess timing is everything. I tried twice before to give this thing away here on AK without a single nibble of interest and look at all the interest now. It's very encouraging though. Looks like one way or another I should be able to find a new home for it. I'm going to start in order of those wanting to ship till I get a taker. I've given Budz2355 a quote (was $45 to his zip) and will work on posting pics of the connector. If he passes I'll move to the next interested party. Thanks guys!

• Like 2

I'm so used to the rules at AudioKarma where all for-sale stuff HAS to be posted in the members only section for it. You can't even himt at selling something outside of there so I feel strange posting stuff for sale outside of Marketplace. This time I thought to post here as well though.

UPDATE:

I check the printer out in order to see about testing it and get some more pictures of the connection. I opened up the top panel and found that apparently there were several places where originally some foam pieces were attached to the inside of the printer and on the underside of the lid. All of the foam looks like its dried and crumbling. Some pieces have come detached. Because of this I'm not even going to attempt to power it on or test it. For those interested please let me know if you still are. Be sure and check out the details and pictures in the thread above as well as these additional ones:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

• Like 1

Mitkraft -- just to clarify: that foam is permanently attached to the printer? Also you do not believe the printer is functional?

The foam was originally permenantly attached i.e. part of the original design. It has dried with age and is starting to crumble and come lose in places. The few loose chunks on the pool table were found inside the printer when I opened up the top. I'm thinking now that unless I can confirm that it at least powers up I'm not sure anyone would be willing to take the risk and pay to ship it. Those who are seriously interested in paying the shipping for it please let me know if you'd prefer that I not apply power to it (since there is some loose foam and foam-dust inside or would you rather at least see that it powers up? My only concern was the print cart spinning up and moving back and forth like some do on power-up. I wasn't sure if the foam dust needed to be cleaned out before doing that and I'm not willing to go through the trouble to clean the inside.

Please, let me know who's still interested and whether I should do a power-on test.

Thanks!