IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 14/15 = Cartoon Weeks, Vol. III

S.BAZ

What's my favorite classic cartoon? Since I'm guessing anime doesn't count, I'm going with my all-time favorite: Scooby-Doo!

Why do I like Scooby-Doo? Ever since I was a little child, I always enjoyed watching him! I don't know what it was about Scooby that I liked. Maybe it was because he was a talking dog who everyone could understand.

post-1653-0-26857000-1493246318.jpg

• Like 2

Vocelli:

Popeye: 45450

GREAT GAME!

I actually have a full cocktail arcade version of this game. It is a tough game and shows no mercy.

I played this game a lot on my Atari600XL. It was great too.

And they did a great job on the 2600 version. I was surprised they got all 3 boards in there.

Good play.

post-28484-0-24047300-1493298564_thumb.jpg

Smurfattachicon.gifSmurf - Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (1982) (Coleco).png

Popeye - I don't know what the **** happened. I punched Brutus with the spinach and instead of getting my 1,000 or 2,000 I got over 100,000. If you don't want to count this I'll understand attachicon.gifPopeye (1983) (Parker Bros).png Maybe it's an unintentional glitch or something

The same thing happened to me on Popeye. I had 19 hearts so I went to get the spinach and punch Brutus off the board. When I did my score jumped 100,000+ points. It's obviously a glitch. Were you also at 19 hearts?

From Season 2, week 5:

Here's how the bug works:
On the first level, stay on the 2nd-from-the-top platform running back and forth collecting hearts until Brutus finally wises up and climbs up to the same level as you. At that point, die.
Then, when you reappear, Brutus will immediately run towards you (rather than away as at the beginning of the game). Run towards him as well (from the top-most platform) until you fall down to the same platform that he is on. Then immediately run to your left and get the waiting spinach, then turn around and run into Brutus. Bingo, 100k+ points.

I've also read that if you get at least 8 hearts, die, then get the spinach, that triggers the bug.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1

Also, read carefully what STAN revealed at the end of previous Popeye Contest on 2600 NEW HSC (Season 1 / Week 23):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209296-the-new-high-score-club-123-popeye/page-4

TO S.BAZ: Add the special note for 2600 POPEYE, which I took from the original HSC Season 8 / Week 14:

The "115,120-point" bug is against the rules. Do not use it.

I hope it's okay to just jump in to the high score contest! I'm not good enough to win, anyway, and just play for fun.

For the bonus, I had trouble choosing my favorite classic cartoon. Someone said anime didn't count...and I was going to choose Voltron, so now I've got to choose between Fat Albert and Scooby Doo. I'll probably go with Scooby Doo, and I liked it because of the music and it was somewhat interactive because of the mysteries to solve!

• Like 3

I hope it's okay to just jump in to the high score contest! I'm not good enough to win, anyway, and just play for fun.

For the bonus, I had trouble choosing my favorite classic cartoon. Someone said anime didn't count...and I was going to choose Voltron, so now I've got to choose between Fat Albert and Scooby Doo. I'll probably go with Scooby Doo, and I liked it because of the music and it was somewhat interactive because of the mysteries to solve!

The HSC is open to everyone. You can join and post scores on any week that we are currently playing. Most games (and bonus games) are played from the start of one weekend to the next, so on the weekend you can usually post scores for either the games about to end the week or the games about to start the week.

If you place in the top 24 by the end of the season, you can participate in the bracket knockout challenges.

Anime is cartoons, so I think they should count.