IGNORED

What is your rarest utility/program/game that you own?

Evil thoughts: Think I have an A8 game in my collection that has to do with the Beatles, not sure if it is a quiz or an adventure (but it contains some Pokey versions of Beatles songs); it uses english language. I better do not search for it, otherwise I may find out, that the above mentioned game is not an original one... ;-)

But you are correct, not every Lindasoft title is pirated, thats why I wrote "most Lindasoft releases" above. Afaik, Hypnotic Land, Gangsterville, Conquest of the Crown and others are original titles...

Evil thoughts :-D Well, if you have some spare time, please try to find it ;) I am very curious to know if this Beatles title is a copy or not. Or maybe they "only" stole the music ;)

• Like 1

It came in a nice box with separate manuals for the chip and archiver. Its a fold open vacuum molded plastic design.

Very nice. Thank you. I think this is the first time I see the box.

I have the Happy 810 version (software only, obviously), which probably is even rarer, but ... just the loose disk :(

Try to copy only "readable" sectors.

The ATRs won't work, alright, but there are some guys who can check what happens "inside".

create atx and atr... then let em have at it.

Okay, here are the ATRs. Only side A of the first disk is copy protected. The other 3 sides are not. At the end of this single density disk are bad sectors. There is a check on them, because when I load this ATR the game displays a piracy message in Italian ;-) The other 3 sides are not-bootable data disks.

I do not own the equipment to create ATX-files sadly.

For every one not reading the posts: This is NOT a working copy!

I hope one of you can get rid of the copy protection, so this rare game will be available to the Atari community. When the working ATRs are published, I would very much appreciate it when atarimuseum.nl is mentioned as source. I have lots more (protected) disks in my collection which are not available online anywhere (at the moment...) and ofcourse I am willing to share them ;-)

Good luck at cracking this! :-)

Il_papiro_della_pace.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

Too easy, the Turbo Basic program "Autorun.Bas" holds the protection check and does a USR call and if the result = 1 then the pirated message appears. I just changed it to if Var = 128 and now no message :)

attachicon.gifIPDP_1A.ATR

Thank you.

Compared to Youtube video, Beatles tune when game prompt appears is missing.

EDIT

You have to press C key.

• Like 1

Too easy, the Turbo Basic program "Autorun.Bas" holds the protection check and does a USR call and if the result = 1 then the pirated message appears. I just changed it to if Var = 128 and now no message :)

Wow! That's fast! Thank you Atarigeezer!!!

This is the working set now.

I found some basic English instructions handwritten on a piece of paper in the packaging. I have included the instructions in the readme file, but it probably is still unplayable for non Italian speakers ;)

These instructions are:

O = west
N = north
E = east
S = south
C = canta canzone = sing a song
and press RETURN
PRENDI = take
use PRENDI in combination with objects
for example
PRENDI CHIAVE = take key
PRENDI DOLLARI = take dollars
PRENDI MARMELLATA = take marmalade

ipdp_working.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 4

If there are people here who are willing to remove the copy protection of disks that are not available at Atarimania (I use them as a reference) I will.

Maybe I should open a separate topic?

By the way, in this topic http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246011-micromiser-software-inc/?p=3750743 I uploaded the ATR images and the 560 pages manual of Turbubase by Micromiser. These disks were unprotected and are not available on Atarimania too ;-)

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

The rarest software I own, is apparently, for now, so rare that Atarimania has it listed, but it doesn't have the image and there is no rarity rating. Super 3D Plotter II by Elfin Magic. I only ever saw it in Antic and/or Analog magazine ads, and ordered direct. I sold my U.S. original, and if I remember correctly, that version came in a flat vinyl case like Mastertronic US disk releases. I recently purchased the version shown from the UK, and it was published by Demon Software. However, I did find the image on the net somewhere, I just don't remember. File attached. I believe my original version, the U.S. version, was self-published by Elfin Magic. My original version disk was green, while this UK version is red. The UK version has DVD-like case, about twice as thick. The manual and control reference card are identical.

post-149-0-05984300-1493479022_thumb.jpg

Super 3D Plotter II.atr

Super 3d Plotter II alt.atr

post-149-0-38593700-1493480008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

Thanks Fred_M dor your effort. :thumbsup:

And AtariGeezer "The Filthy Pirate" as well! :)

So... we wait for the next ones, no? ;)

Bring 'em in. ;)

I started a new topic http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265012-help-to-get-atarimuseumnl-software-collection-available-to-the-community/?p=3752009 and included the copy protected ATR of "The Alchemist" a tape to disk transfer utility made by British company Softscan in 1989. Good luck everyone ;)

• 1 year later...