IGNORED

MegaSpeedy Operations?

Larry

I see the config.rom was updated as well? or at least it has a current date on the PC file system?

No need to update config.rom. The only thing that's changed in there is the embedded version date.

so long,

Hias

Edited by HiassofT

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

As for testing: try normal operations, the tools bootable from the Speedy (BiboDos, HSS copy), the tools from the Speedy system disk (eg here: http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/nir_dary_cds/Hardware%20Info/1050%20Speedy/ ) other DOSes and OSes with integrated highspeed SIO code (U1MB, SDX, ...) etc. If something doesn't work with the updated Speedy ROM please also check if this fails (or works) with the original (Mega-)Speedy version.

so long,

Hias

Edited by HiassofT

So far all things seem to run well. I am having no more issues that I can find so far.

Attached the faceplate I had done from Tiger Ducks file. I think the company I had do it.. through an online service. Was cheap but I dont think they printed this with enough care.

I needed to do some dremel work.. but its on!

Jamespost-45982-0-81529300-1493538341_thumb.jpgpost-45982-0-04607700-1493538349_thumb.jpgpost-45982-0-96335500-1493538356_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So far all things seem to run well. I am having no more issues that I can find so far.

Attached the faceplate I had done from Tiger Ducks file. I think the company I had do it.. through an online service. Was cheap but I dont think they printed this with enough care.

I needed to do some dremel work.. but its on!

Jamesattachicon.gif20170430_013935.jpgattachicon.gif20170430_014011.jpgattachicon.gif20170430_014022.jpg

The company should have verified that the straight lines were straight. It's a common failure with some combination of printers and filament (particularly ABS that you get warping of large prints. Sometimes you can mitigate it with changing the surface that lays flat on the build plate, other times it is the build plate itself that is not flat.... it bows in the middle. I see it in the first pic, the top of the faceplate kinda bows down, assuming the pic was taken level with the drive. I ended up having to put a glass plate on top of my build plate for that same reason.

My print turned out almost as good. But the tabs for the screws were not strong enough to handle any pressure and broke when I was trying to dig support structure out of the holes. Next time I will either up the infill per cent and/or use some kind of strengthing sealer on them.

Over all yours doesn't look bad at all. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for the feedback!As for testing: try normal operations, the tools bootable from the Speedy (BiboDos, HSS copy), the tools from the Speedy system disk (eg here: http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/nir_dary_cds/Hardware%20Info/1050%20Speedy/ ) other DOSes and OSes with integrated highspeed SIO code (U1MB, SDX, ...) etc. If something doesn't work with the updated Speedy ROM please also check if this fails (or works) with the original (Mega-)Speedy version.so long,Hias

Hello again Hias, not sure if you remember, but when I was testing this before with the sio2pc it was not with the atarimax version, mine was not working so I was using an original Nick Kennedy design.

when we did the code changes, it seems to work great with the Nick Kennedy version. BUT I am not getting operation with the atarimax version. I have sent notes to Steve, but unfortunatly he is slow to respond. Not sure if its anything you want to look at.. since it is an issue with his device.

James

Hello again Hias, not sure if you remember, but when I was testing this before with the sio2pc it was not with the atarimax version, mine was not working so I was using an original Nick Kennedy design.

when we did the code changes, it seems to work great with the Nick Kennedy version. BUT I am not getting operation with the atarimax version. I have sent notes to Steve, but unfortunatly he is slow to respond. Not sure if its anything you want to look at.. since it is an issue with his device.

I can't quite follow you. What is working with the nick kennedy SIO2PC but not working with the Atarimax SIO2PC? How is this related to the MegaSpeedy?

so long,

Hias

• 4 months later...

Sorry guys, something I just ran into and cant find it in any of the texts, manuals or a search here on AA..

What is mode "SL"

I put a DD 80track disk in 360K and there is a beep and the display switches to SL - it is the one side of this one floppy.

???

James

Edited by Bikerbob

What is mode "SL"

I put a DD 80track disk in 360K and there is a beep and the display switches to SL - it is the one side of this one floppy.

This is not a mode but a status message output by the Speedy ROMs.

Usually the Speedy displays the current track number 00-39.

If you insert a fresh, not formatted disk you'll get "nF" ("not formatted").

And if the Speedy detects there's something on the disk but it isn't a standard Atari format - which could mean eg some copy protected disk - the drive is put into slow mode (i.e. track buffer disabled, it behaves almost like a stock 1050) and "SL" (for "slow") is displayed.

so long,

Hias

• Like 4