IGNORED

Help to get atarimuseum.nl software collection available to the community

Fred_M

I blindly replaced some stuff in the image. Please try the attached one if it works with more than two programs.

And pleaase tell us how to operate the menu at all. ;)

Well, regarding PrintStar II/24...

you simply boot the diskette side A (no need to hold down the Option key, since I added a Basic-off switch to the CTB-Runtime) and wait until the title appears, then you press START to continue loading. Next the menu appears. Here you see a huge cursor at the first option, press the Control-keys/cursor-keys (-= on the Atari) to move (down) to the next option:

- Hardcopys klein, press Return and the program starts loading (sector counts from approx. sector 770-906, then jumps to sector 1039 and crashes)

- Hardcopys groß, press Return to start loading (this one also jumps to sector 1039 and crashes)

- DIN A0 Hardcopy, press Return to start loading (jumps to sector 1039 and crashes)

- Kalenderblatt Ausdruck, press Return to load (this one does NOT jump to sector 1039 and seems to work fine!); in the Kalenderblatt menu choose "Zum Hauptmenü" to return to the main menu

- Ausdruck in Labelgröße, press Return to load (jumps to sector 1039 and crashes)

- Bilderwandler, press Return to load (does NOT jump to sector 1039 and seems to work fine!); in this menu choose "Zum Hauptmenü" to return to the main menu

post-3782-0-53465700-1493673106.jpg

next comes an empty line, you can move the cursor here, but you cannot load anything (thats why the line is empty!)

- Hardcopy-Menü, press Return to load it - a message appears, since this program is on diskside B, which means, you have to insert diskside B...

- Special Tapecover, press Return to load it, a message appears, since this program is on diskside B, insert side B to load it...

- Kalenderblatt Ausdruck, press Return to load it, a message appears, insert side B to load it...

The last three (sub-) programs are on diskside B, so you have to change disks (images). Did not test yet, if they also jump to sector 1039 and check the copy protection. But I can hereby confirm, that your maybe cracked copy does not fully work, e.g. Hardcopys klein crashed, Hardcopys groß crashed...

EDIT: Tested the last three programs in the menu (diskside B) and they all seem to work fine... so only the programs of diskside A still have to be cracked...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

I am not even able to select anything from Print Star's menu.

Hmmm, how do you do that?

I can only press ENTER. The disk is accessed an the message "Disk einlegen" appears.

FInd attached a version with three protection checks removed.

Btw.: Is it correct that the disk checks for a duplicate sector?

Well, regarding Print Star I...

the program is operated in the same way as Print Star II/24. Since I did not modify it (afair), you have to boot without Basic (Option-key), in the title press START to go to the menu. In the menu you see four options, use the Control-keys/Cursor-keys to choose an option. The last three options do all seem to work fine (they load and execute!), alas the first option named "Print Star" does not work. It jumps to sector 3xx (324?) and checks the copy protection, it does not find it and also does not crash, instead it prints the message "Disk einlegen" and then returns to the main menu. In other words, this disk is still not cracked!

Well, regarding Print Star II...

boot the disk without Basic (Option-key), in the title press START to go to the menu. In the menu use the Cursor-keys/Control-keys to move the huge cursor and choose an option, press Return to load a program. There are five options:

Hardcopys klein, Hardcopys groß, DIN A0 Hardcopy, Kalenderblatt Ausdruck and Ausdruck in Labelgröße.

The only program that works here is the Kalenderblatt Ausdruck (which also works fine in PS II/24). All other programs jump to sector 1039 and then crash, since the copy protection is missing...

EDIT: Tested the last three programs in the menu (diskside B) and they all seem to work fine... so only the programs of diskside A still have to be cracked...

The attached version runs fine for me ...

... except the Special Tapecover which loops on sector 28 of side B. This is true both for original and cracked version.

Similar to Print Star the protection reads sector 1039 twice and expects the first byte to be different in both copies.

The buffer gets incremented only by 1 for the 2nd read. The crack is to increment by 0 and have the 2nd byte of the sector to differ from the 1st byte. :-D

PSTAR24A-hopefully-cracked.atr

Time for some fresh material ;-)

First some unprotected images of software I could not find on the internet. I am not saying it is not out there, but I could not find them ;-)

COLORFONT EDITOR
A font editor published by ANG Software for Atari 8-bit computers ©1993
Contents: CLRFNTED: Disk 1 side A: Main Program
BASICDUP
Turbobasic Dos Utility published by ANG Software for Atari 8-bit computers ©1991
Contents: BASICDUP: Disk 1 side A: Main Program

Then 2 KE-Soft (Germany) disks. I could find some of the games on the internet, but not these compilation disks.

PLAYER'S DREAM 1
Games compliation published by KE-Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©1990
The games in this compilation are: Plot and Skiabfahrt
Contents: PLYRDR1: Disk 1 side A: Main Program
PLAYER'S DREAM 2
Games compliation published by KE-Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©1991
The games in this compilation are: tinory Quest, Tinory Quest/Antquest Editor and Quadermania
*** Please note: according to the manual Turbobasic has to be copied as AUTORUN.SYS on the A-side ***
Contents: PLYRDR2A: side A: Main Program
PLYRDR2B: side B: non bootable disk

Cover & instructions: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Players_Dream_2_disk.jpg

Enjoy!

Colorfont_editor_ANG_Working.rar

Basicdup_ANG_working.rar

Players_Dream_1_KE-Soft_Working.rar

Players_Dream_2_KE-Soft_Working.rar

• Like 2

And in this second post a disk that is working perfectly, but only on a real Atari. Just like Homeword this software will crash both emulators.... So if anyone wants to fix this, have a go at it :-)

INSTA-LEDGER
Financial Accounting published by Cimarron for Atari 8-bit computers ©1985
*** Please note: This ATR is not working correctly. It works on real Atari computers but crashes the emulators ***
Contents: INSTALDG: side A: Main Program
Edit: Thanks to DjayBee! This image needs to be booted with Basic! For more info please see the posts of Djaybee.

Insta_Ledger_boot_with_basic.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

Further investigation brought this up:

After a successful check of the copy protection Print Star II sets memory location $9F00 to $4F.
This can be (ab-)used for a more elegant crack: Let DOS do the dirty work and add a binary load segment to AUTORUN.SYS which loads only this single byte to $9F00. :-D

Unfortunately Print Star I still has to be tricked by the above mentioned non-incrementing of the disk buffer for the 2nd read and a changed 1st byte of sector 729.

@Fred_M: Your dump is bad. Sector 324 does not contain the copy protection but real code. Your dump has a DOS boot sector in this place and therefore crashes after reading this sector.

I am keeping my fingers crossed to have found everything needed.

The B-sides are unchanged and attached only for completeness.

Print Star (1988)(AMC Verlag)(DE)(Side A).atr

Print Star (1988)(AMC Verlag)(DE)(Side B).atr

Print Star II (1989)(AMC Verlag)(DE)(Side A).atr

Print Star II (1989)(AMC Verlag)(DE)(Side B).atr

Print Star II-24 (1991)(AMC Verlag)(DE)(Side A).atr

Print Star II-24 (1991)(AMC Verlag)(DE)(Side B).atr

• Like 5

INSTA-LEDGER

Financial Accounting published by Cimarron for Atari 8-bit computers ©1985
*** Please note: This ATR is not working correctly. It works on real Atari computers but crashes the emulators ***

It contains one of these BASIC-autoloaders which crash if BASIC is not active.

Enable BASIC and be happy. ;)

Edited by DjayBee
  • Like 2

This illustrates again that I am a simple user :grin:

Thanks, that explains why it runs perfectly on my 130XE.

Your comment about sector 324 on Print Star is noted! Strange.... I will investigate my setup. Thanks!

Edited by Fred_M

I would hope you remember to upload all this Atari goodness to Atarimania, if not done already. That seems to be the 'go-to' site for many many of us. I'd do it but don't know how.

I'm sure one of you Atari Pro's can do it in 3 mouse clicks or less... ;)

I would hope you remember to upload all this Atari goodness to Atarimania, if not done already. That seems to be the 'go-to' site for many many of us. I'd do it but don't know how.

I'm sure one of you Atari Pro's can do it in 3 mouse clicks or less... ;)

I don't have access to upload files on Atarimania. The files are here to download for everyone, including Atarimania. Many years ago I sent them some stuff and they never replied or did something with it. I think Atarimania is a great site, but if they want these files, they have to download them here ;-)

Edited by Fred_M

Further investigation brought this up:

After a successful check of the copy protection Print Star II sets memory location $9F00 to $4F.

This can be (ab-)used for a more elegant crack: Let DOS do the dirty work and add a binary load segment to AUTORUN.SYS which loads only this single byte to $9F00. :-D

Unfortunately Print Star I still has to be tricked by the above mentioned non-incrementing of the disk buffer for the 2nd read and a changed 1st byte of sector 729.

@Fred_M: Your dump is bad. Sector 324 does not contain the copy protection but real code. Your dump has a DOS boot sector in this place and therefore crashes after reading this sector.

I am keeping my fingers crossed to have found everything needed.

The B-sides are unchanged and attached only for completeness.

All three versions of Print Star seem to work fine now - thank you !

I could boot the program and load all (sub) programs from the menu without any crashes; I could also load some pictures, convert them into greyscales, etc. The only thing I cannot do or test right now, is printing, since I do not have a printer for my A8... so I leave that to others... ;-)

• Like 2

Just finished another set of images. All are working because they were not copy protected.

After uploading I Beatles e il papiro della pace now 3 basic games from Lindasoft. These 3 titles are not listed on Atarimania. I copied the basic files with this tool (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/147381-copying-basic-program-from-cassette-to-disk/?p=1797113) from Rybags (Thanks!). These cassettes use the Run "C:" loading procedure. I will try to create CAS-files for preservation in the future.

LINDASOFT GAME CASSETTES
published by Lindasoft for Atari 8-bit computers ©19xx (date not known)
Contents:
SHOOTMEM.BAS: Shoot Memory
ATLANTIS.BAS: Atlantis Ultimo Uomo
SPRSCACC.BAS: Superscacchi
Please note: these are original files loaded from cassette (RUN "C:"). To run these files, boot with basic and type RUN "D:SHOOTMEM.BAS"
And the first part of disk software made by a small (and unknown) Dutch company called AMJ Software Produkties.
AMJBASE 3.0
Program for filing books, records and videos published by AMJ Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©1986
Contents: AMJBAS3A: Data disk (bootable)
AMJBAS3B: Main program
Please note: According to the manual the B-side must be loaded first!
AMJBASE 4.0
General database program published by AMJ Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©1987
Contents: AMJBAS4A: Data disk (bootable)
AMJBAS4B: Main program
Please note: According to the manual the B-side must be loaded first
Enjoy!

3_Missing_Lindasoft_games_working.rar

AMJBASE_3_working.rar

AMJBASE_4_working.rar

• Like 3

The second part of software created by small Dutch company AMJ Software Produkties.

AMJ ASSURANTIE DB 4
Financial database program published by AMJ Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©1987
Contents: AMJASS-A: Data disk (bootable)
AMJASS-B: Main program
Please note: According to the manual the B-side must be loaded first
DISKKEEPER 3
Filing manager for disks published by AMJ Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©1987
Re-released by ANG Software in 1992 (no changes made to image)
Contents: DISKKPR3: Main program

Cover AMJ: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Diskkeeper_III_AMJ_disk.jpg

Cover ANG: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Diskkeeper_III_Ang_disk.jpg

PRINTSHOP UTILITIES
Published by AMJ Soft for Atari 8-bit computers ©19xx date unknown
Contents: PRNTSUTA: Printshop utilities
PRNTSUTB: Labeldesigner v. 3.0
Cover: No cover available, I own the original disk only

AMJ_ASSURANTIE_DB4_Working.rar

Printshop_utilities_AMJ_working.rar

Diskkeeper_3_working.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

German disk magazines (unprotected, so working ATRs)

Action! Magazine was published by the German user group. I only found some issues at Ataronline.pl, but this site is missing issue 4 side B. So here is issue 4 including the B-side.

ACTION! USER GROUP MAGAZIN 4
German disk-magazine originally published in 1987 re-published by Ulf Petersen for Atari 8-bit computers in 1993
Contents: ACM0487A: disk magazine
ACM0487B: game: Combat
No cover available.
Strange Invasion Magazine was a German PD disk magazine by Stefan Lausberg. A lot of issues are available on Atarionline.pl, but issue 10 of 1995 is not.
STRANGE INVASION 10/95
German disk-magazine published by Stefan Lausberg for Atari 8-bit computers in 1995
Contents: STI1095A: disk magazine
STI1095B: datadisk (not bootable, used for extra articles, load with A-side)

Cover: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Strange_Invasion_10_95_disk.jpg

Usermag was the successor of the Compy Shop magazine. I found one issue at Atarionline.pl and several at Archive.org. The following issues were not available at both sources.

USERMAG DECEMBER 1990
German disk-magazine published by Ulf Petersen for Atari 8-bit computers in 1990
Contents: USM1290A: disk magazine
USM1290B: Programs etc.

Cover: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Usermag_Dec_90_disk.jpg

USERMAG JULY/AUGUST 1993
German disk-magazine published by Ulf Petersen for Atari 8-bit computers in 1993
Contents: USM0793A: disk magazine
USM0793B: Programs etc.
USERMAG SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 1993
German disk-magazine published by Ulf Petersen for Atari 8-bit computers in 1993
Contents: USM0993A: disk magazine
USM0993B: Programs etc.

No cover available.

Magic Games was a disk magazine published by Ulf Petersen. I could not find any online. Here are the first two issues. Each issue consists of 2 disks, 4 sides.

MAGIC GAMES 1
Contents: MG0793A: disk magazine
MG0793B: programs
MG0793C: programs
MG0793D: programs
No cover available
MAGIC GAMES 2
Contents: MG0993A: disk magazine
MG0993B: programs
MG0993C: programs
MG0993D: programs

No cover available.

And last but not least: 8Bit Magazine. This magazine was published by Markus Rösner/Powersoft. So it is kind of the predecessor of Pro© Atari Magazine ;) I could not find any issue online. Sadly I have only one.

8BIT MAGAZIN 11 1992
German disk-magazine published by Powersoft for Atari 8-bit computers in 1992
Contents: 8BMAG11A: disk magazine
8BMAG11B: Programs etc.
Enjoy!

Action_Magazine_4_1987_working.rar

Strange_Invasion_10_95_working.rar

Usermag_December_1990_working.rar

Usermag_July_August_1993_working.rar

Usermag_September_October_1993_working.rar

Magic_Games_Magazin_1_93_working.rar

Magic_Games_Magazin_2_93_working.rar

8Bit_Magazine_11_92_working.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 7

The information about the Dutch packaging is interesting as it was unknown to me.... If scan or images of those were archived and any manual material is also different that is clearly of note as it would be good to do as well!

One request about the jpg links... the atarimuseum.nl stamp.... could it be made more transparent to read through...better yet- making it a watermark behind the text would be awesome and classy!

I have checked some of the Dutch Aackosoft software. Almost every tape and disk is virtually the same as their original counterparts (some exceptions are Bounty Bob and Turboflex, but they are on Atarimania). As for the packaging, with the exception of the Llamasoft titles, all are in Dutch. Also most of the manuals are in Dutch. I already shared all covers (including the Dutch ones) of my collection database with Farb. And ofcourse without watermark. My next project will be scanning all manuals.

After I took a few days off (advice from The Doctor :-D ) it is time for something new and this ATR is unprotected.

This ATR is probably only of interest for the Dutch users, because all programs are in Dutch.

In 1986 Atari Netherlands made a deal with the Dutch Schoolradio (SNS) to broadcast a television and radio show for Dutch Schools called "Chips die je niet kunt eten" (Chips you can not eat). People were asked to write their own educational programs which were shown on the TV show and broadcasted on the radio. People could record these programs to use them on the Atari 8-bit.

In issue 7 of Atari User UK this news was published:

308cfhw.jpg

The intro of the TV Show is on youtube:

In my collection I have 2 cassettes from the Dutch Shoolradio (SNS). I don't know anybody who own these cassettes too, they are very rare! Because all programs are simple Basic programs I have transferred them to disk. In the future I will create the CAS-files.

So for all Dutch people here, enjoy this little piece of history!

Contents (boot with basic):
Cassette: Taal en rekenprogramma's (language and math programs)
TAALQUIZ.BAS: De taalquiz ver.s 2 by Pim Wessels
DICTEE.BAS: Dicteeprogramma by Joop van Kempen
TALENTST.BAS: Talentest by J.G. Knubben
BREUKEN.BAS: Breuken optellen by W. Walraven
REKENPRG.BAS: Rekenprogramma by Jan de Jong
CIJFLETT.BAS: Cijfers en letters by W. v.d. Berg
Cassette: Diversen (miscellaneous)
AARDRIJK.BAS: Aardrijkskunde kwis by AMJ v.d. Schans and L.A. Schulten
LANDSTAD.BAS: Land en Hoofdstad by Erik Mareels
YANKEEDD.BAS: Yankee Doodle music by Sander Brouwer
WALKMAN.BAS: Walking Man demo prgram by Peter Werkman
GEHEUGTS.BAS: Geheugentest by unknown
GESCHIED.BAS: Geschiedenis Hoekse en Kabeljauwse Twisten by Lies de Jong
MUZCHIPS.BAS: Muzikale Chips by Avi Levy

Chips_die_je_niet_kunt_eten_working.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

After quite a long time off, it is time to add some new titles I could not find on the internet. This first one is a protected disk, so I hope someone out there is able to remove the copy protection. I think it is a fairly simple protection as this is a turbo basic game. The dump is made from the original disk, which boots perfectly on real hardware.

Johnny The Ghost original version.

On the internet you can find the enhanced version by ANG Software. But this is the original version made by Drachensoft Germany. This version is made in Turbo Basic.

Johnny The Ghost ©1994

Contents: JTG_POWS.ATR

Cover: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Johnny_The_Ghost_Powersoft_disk.jpg

Please note (again) that this dump is still copy protected and will not run.

The second one is a copy from cassette to disk of "MicroSubtraction" by Hayden software. The program is in basic and the copy has been made from the original cassette. This ATR is not protected.

MicroSubtraction ©1983 Hayden Book Company

Contents: MSUBTRAC.BAS

Front cover: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Microsubtraction_cass_front.jpg

Back cover: https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Microsubtraction_cass_back.jpg

Enjoy!

Please note: all orginal software I have in my collection is listed on this page: https://atarimuseum.nl/atari-8-bit-software/ If you see a title which could be of interest to dump for the community, please let me know!

Johnny_the_ghost_Powersoft_Drachensoft_NOT_WORKING.rar

Microsubtraction_Working.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

Nice additions, glad to see you are back at it!

Thank you Doctor ;) I hope some Atariage members are willing to look at my list of software. Searching the internet to find out which titles are not available is very time consuming. I hope some people want to help.

Attach is a working copy of Johnny_the_ghost_Powersoft_Drachensoft.ATR.

The ATR image is on DOS v2.5 type format, since the total number of files on the original disk (without DOS and DUP system) exceeds the 2.0s disk storage capacity.

madi

Thank you Madi! It is great to see that fellow Atari users are willing to help to get these titles available :thumbsup: