IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 16 = Crystal Castles

S.BAZ

No I dont take pics for the HSC, IDK how, I'm not technically savvy, which means I have to bug my wife to do it, & I'm sure she thinks I should be doing something practical/productive.

It's really not that hard to figure out, especially considering that almost every phone being made these days has a camera built in. I'm not a very technically inclined person either but taking and uploading a picture is about as simple as it gets, and I don't think asking for a little evidence to back up an extraordinarily high score claim is too much to ask. Ultimately it is entirely up to S.BAZ whether to approve a score without evidence to support it, but I do feel like there should be some kind of evidence requirement for score claims big enough to make the Top 10 for the week.

Plus it's just a friendly gaming contest on an elderly console, would anyone REALLY cheat by lying about their score?

Yes, someone just did last round actually.

Yes, someone just did last round actually.

If you mean keilbaca, it's more likely he didn't notice his score glitched than it is that he deliberately cheated. Regardless, it just shows that pictures aren't perfect, since the picture he posted shows the score he claimed. Oyama was the only one who noticed that score isn't possible without the glitch.

One of the reason I prefer the HSC to Twin Galaxies or HighScore.com is that I don't have to go to ridiculous lengths to prove my scores. I don't want to have to set up a video camera every time I want to play a %$@& video game.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 2

Vocelli:

Crystal Castles: 152016

I did it!

There are 2 levels with 5 or more trees on it. Very Hard! Lost 4 lives.

Made it thru those 2 levels and then died shortly after.

The enemies become very fast and unpredictable.

Great Game.

post-28484-0-11033100-1494420964_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Pictures are appreciated (and more fun), especially for the top score and huge scores, but are not required. High score club runs on the honor system.

Thank you for clarifying that S.BAZ, and it's certainly understandable why the HSC would keep things casual and friendly by running on the honor system. I guess I've just gotten too used to HighScore.com where it's "pics with proof that you were the one who took them or it didn't happen". :lol:

• Like 1

chuckwagon - 933

a few things I don't like and think should have been different with this game:

there is no way to gain extra lives as far as I have seen.

when frozen if you are hit again, your freeze timer resets, so you can be frozen for an entire level.

slow moving, just a thing I dislike, not a problem with it, but I don't like how slow you move.

Still, it is a fun game when you aren't frozen for almost a full minute, might play it again to top 1,000, might not.

post-52670-0-04536700-1494436499.png

Yeah, I usually look at this site on my 1930s ipad, which cant handle tons of pics/videos anymore. So why would I contribute to that?

I can try to get one uploaded IF I get a chance to play again this week. You likely wont believe this either but I have about an hour freetime any given day to myself, & it's not often spent playing Atari. Those days were over about 20 years ago.

Again, I assure you Im not the kind of person who'd do/does that. If you dont believe what I post, thats on you. It's the truth.

It's really not that hard to figure out, especially considering that almost every phone being made these days has a camera built in.

Thx for the modern technology lesson! I take pics with my phone all the time. I just dont feel it necessary to post score pics here since I dont lie about them & my word should be good enough.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

I LOVE CHASE THE CHUCKWAGON!!! :love: :thumbsup:

I read terrible reviews of it and it hasn't seemed to have gone over that well, here, either...but I was mad at it at first because of those goofy falling dishes and I couldn't figure out what to do, so I'm pounding the button and Chuckie just walked and looked down at the dishes that fell. Good grief!

It helped to look up the directions! lol

It is a bit frustrating when you get in JUST the right position to keep getting stunned so you're stuck til you DIE. But, other than that, I thought it was way fun!

If I post a score now, can I repost if I get a higher score?

Thanks! :-D

If I post a score now, can I repost if I get a higher score?

Thanks! :-D

Yup. Post as often as you like up to the deadline.

I LOVE CHASE THE CHUCKWAGON!!! :love: :thumbsup:

I read terrible reviews of it and it hasn't seemed to have gone over that well, here, either...

If it's a VCS game and it isn't Pitfall II or Yars' Revenge, the internet thinks it's horrible because the internet is written by people who think they're being funny and novel by making fun of old video games they've spent about 12 seconds actually playing. It probably doesn't help any that this one got a lot of extra attention as one of the early "holy grails" of 2600 collecting.

It's not a bad game. I think if they'd handled the freezing a little differently so that the timer doesn't reset of you get hit while already frozen, or made the dog catcher or whatever he's supposed to be smarter, it would have been a lot better.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1