1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Is it normal for the nt mini to display duplicates of .nes files with the jailbroken firmware?

every iteration of it I get 2 displayed for every 1 .nes file

the .fds files and other cores are not affected at all

No, it's not normal. Did you setup the SD card using a mac? If so, search this thread for "duplicate" and you'll find some related posts.

No, it's not normal. Did you setup the SD card using a mac? If so, search this thread for "duplicate" and you'll find some related posts.

no. I used GUIformat from ridgecrop on a pc

even tried a few different sd cards

and a full format each time

edit

ran that search and saw the mac posts, got me to thinking about my compression tool win rar,(tried the archive flag with no difference)

used 7 zip and life is good,

thanks!

Edited by microlee

..but may be required to get closer to a CRT look, if the GPU is programmed with the physics of how light behaves [in a crt].

---

But I'd rather see the industry work toward increasing gamut, resolution, and fps instead of bullshitting us with VR, 3D, online connectivity, and smell-O-vision crap.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

I was curious about the Retron HD as well. There is a review on Youtube already that shows some footage. It looks really fuzzy, as if the digital conversion happens at the very end of the signal chain. I'm guessing there's also a lot of added lag, but that wasn't tested.

https://youtu.be/VjfFvjqbBOo?t=3m

Edited by cacophony

Has anyone seen the Retron HD? It's only $40, and claims it's all hardware based and is not an emulator box. Does anyone know if it's running an FPGA or what?attachicon.gifIMG_5051.JPG

It's too cheap to be a FPGA. Also, there is already a thread on this thing http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265390-new-retron-1-hd-out/

It's either a NOAC or a Retron5 with just a NES slot.

• Like 1

Perhaps one goal some might strive for would be to have "real life" (as you put it) approach the "real world", through the use of technology. Even today, just by wearing eyeglasses, billions of people are "enhanced".

Thank you. I am extremely nearsighted but have 20/20 vision with spectacles. I fortunately have no need for bifocals yet (knock on wood), but being nearsighted does have it's advantages. I can't focus more than roughly 9 inches away from my face before objects get fuzzy, without glasses, but I can hold a dollar bill two inches from my eyeball with one eye closed and "see" the owl nested in the "1" near the upper right corner. Humans aren't supposed to see that owl without a very strong magnifying glass, or a 30x pocket microscope.

5-11under, on 14 May 2017 - 6:51 PM, said:

An 8K TV might be overkill for displaying 8 bit games.

You need a minimum of 4k, preferably 8k, to get that perfect shadow mask, complete with blooming, etc, without any aliasing artifacts. And OLED manufacturers have gotten it all wrong. Screens need to be convex, not concave... :P
  • Like 1

Thank you. I am extremely nearsighted but have 20/20 vision with spectacles. I fortunately have no need for bifocals yet (knock on wood), but being nearsighted does have it's advantages. I can't focus more than roughly 9 inches away from my face before objects get fuzzy, without glasses, but I can hold a dollar bill two inches from my eyeball with one eye closed and "see" the owl nested in the "1" near the upper right corner. Humans aren't supposed to see that owl without a very strong magnifying glass, or a 30x pocket microscope.

Some would say that's a spider which weaves the web that traps all the commoners in the financial system.

Edited by Keatah

Has anyone seen the Retron HD? It's only $40, and claims it's all hardware based and is not an emulator box. Does anyone know if it's running an FPGA or what?attachicon.gifIMG_5051.JPG

Most likely NOAC. Defenetly not a FPGA at that price. And the bigger will company never go the FPGA path.

I suppose it will play 95% of the games well with some sound differences. And for VRC6, VRC7, MMC5, SS5B games I suppose it will suck. But I can be wrong, they usually goes with decent support for the most common mappers so that the mainstream, dont-care-guy gets satisfied that he got away with 40$.

I lost my closeup vision over the past 5 years and now have to wear progressives. That said, I was told since I was a kid in the 70's that it was a spider, and you could see the legs protruding out from it.. but now that I look at it extreme closeup, scanned.. I see how it could be an owl and those "legs" are the background behind it. Who knows. :P

<edit> I scanned a dollar out of my pocket at high res, and now with all the fiber blur, it looks like a spider again, or at this closeup.. an octopus. :lol:

post-31-0-19713200-1494941994.jpg

post-31-0-63738000-1494942277.jpg

• Like 2

I lost my closeup vision over the past 5 years and now have to wear progressives. That said, I was told since I was a kid in the 70's that it was a spider, and you could see the legs protruding out from it.. but now that I look at it extreme closeup, scanned.. I see how it could be an owl and those "legs" are the background behind it. Who knows. :P

<edit> I scanned a dollar out of my pocket at high res, and now with all the fiber blur, it looks like a spider again, or at this closeup.. an octopus. :lol:

attachicon.gifdollar1.jpg

attachicon.gifspider2.jpg

You, sir, have discovered a squidbilly! :grin:

Squidbillies_title_card.png