IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 19 = Fast Food/Eddie

S.BAZ

If anyone has any tips for Fast Food, I'd sure like to hear them. I've tried everything: sticking to the right side of the screen, focusing on dodging purple pickles rather than eating desirable items, watching the left side of the screen for purple pickles -- it doesn't matter. In the fourth or fifth wave, the game will throw a pile of purple pickles at me all at the same time and I'm screwed.

If anyone has any tips for Fast Food, I'd sure like to hear them. I've tried everything: sticking to the right side of the screen, focusing on dodging purple pickles rather than eating desirable items, watching the left side of the screen for purple pickles -- it doesn't matter. In the fourth or fifth wave, the game will throw a pile of purple pickles at me all at the same time and I'm screwed.

I got my score by focusing on not hitting pickels. just keep in mind that there is no penalty to missing food and you should be fine to get a good score :)

• Like 1

I stuck to the right side and focused my attention on only two "lanes" of items at a time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. Sticking to a couple of lanes is good advice, although I often find myself eating a lot more purple pickles while trying to dodge them in those two lanes. Maybe you just have to take a few in order to avoid eating a lot more.

As far as Fast Eddie is concerned, I notice that most players aside from OyamaFamily are getting stuck at about the same score. I imagine this has to do with the part of the game when the critters (don't know what they're called) start wrapping around the screen. Watching Oyama's video, the key seems to be to follow the direction of the critters while strategically jumping on the side of the screen, but it's a lot easier said than done.

Edited by AtariWarlord

Fast Eddie - 100,000+ (rollage)

post-10357-0-38235500-1496448693_thumb.jpg

post-10357-0-87335600-1496448695_thumb.jpg

Fast Food - 2,120

post-10357-0-29615600-1496448698_thumb.jpg

I play Fast Eddie fairly often but until today I'd only gotten around 50k at best. All the patterns finally fell into place.

Edited by darthkur
  • Like 5

Thanks for the advice guys. Sticking to a couple of lanes is good advice, although I often find myself eating a lot more purple pickles while trying to dodge them in those two lanes. Maybe you just have to take a few in order to avoid eating a lot more.

another small tip that you may already know, every 500 points gets rid of one purple you have eaten :)

Just a quick question about the "Don't play any games this week" bonus option. Is it "No Atari games" or "No games period"? I ask because I'm feeling a little burnt out on the stress of playing games for high scores and probably won't be competing this round, but I have been playing a couple relaxing story focused games on the Wii and Game Boy Advance to help pass the time this week.

one thing that's helping me get better, watch the lanes where the purple pickles come through, and hang out right between those lanes. if you're careful you can dodge between them even if they come along together.

Just a quick question about the "Don't play any games this week" bonus option. Is it "No Atari games" or "No games period"? I ask because I'm feeling a little burnt out on the stress of playing games for high scores and probably won't be competing this round, but I have been playing a couple relaxing story focused games on the Wii and Game Boy Advance to help pass the time this week.

it means no video games! :)

The only games I have been playing, are the ones for the high score club.

I've been getting ready for the show I am playing at tonight.

We're taking over an arcade, and I'm playing happy hardcore from 1:30am-2:30am, using an arcade stick and a mixer.

Fast Food - 7488

Fast Eddie - 20640

post-4191-0-84641400-1496514520_thumb.jpg

post-4191-0-05541700-1496514526.jpg

Fast Eddie - 100,000+ (rollage)

I actually really enjoyed this game ( reminded me Donkey Kong ) so when i rolled it i kept going and rolled it Twice!

Ended up with 229,200 pts

This pic just before the rollage

post-47114-0-23755300-1496523660_thumb.jpg

Video of FULL RUN

• Like 1

Alternative Bonus: I have avoided playing video games all week long.

You might think (as I did) that with all that extra time, I would accomplish lots and lots of great things and that I would have a very industrious and productive week. I did not. This week I did nothing of any importance (unless you count discovering new ways to procrastinate as something worthwhile). So, +5 points for my video game fast, -50 points for completely mismanaging my extra time. :(

• Like 1