IGNORED

New Heavy Sixer owner!

mhedges

Hello -

And just like that, I've become a heavy sixer owner. I won an eBay auction for a Sears Tele-Games.

The first time I got to play with an Atari (not Pong) was at a neighbor's house. His father purchased the Sears version, as it looked fancier in their family room setup. We played Air-Sea Battle (Target Fun, really) and I was mesmerized by it all.

I don't really remember what version of VCS/2600 I had, but it was Atari-branded. Years later, my younger brother was given a 2600 Jr. It's still around somewhere, along with most of my cassettes, including a silver Gravitar that I ordered through the magazine. I must find that freaking stash! :-D I just thought it would look nice on my TV stand, and while I was originally looking for the Atari branded model, I ended up bidding on the fancier Sears model after reading and watching countless vids saying it looked so nice, and remembering my old neighbor's setup. The neighbor became a good friend of the family and we still meet once in a while.

The joysticks seem to be CX-10; the paddles are Sears branded. Seller's pic (maybe it's even one of you?):

2a.jpg

• Like 5

Do it. :)

It would be nice, but I'm thinking I want to get a 7800 first. Seen on on ebay tonight, but all the games with it were all 2600 carts and I have half of them already.. So I sat down and typed up an inventory of all my 2600 and 800 games, I thought I had more then I do, and was surprised I have a few dupes, like three Star Raiders for the 800.. go figure...

• 2 weeks later...

The Heavy just arrived! And now I understand why it's referred to as a "heavy". Dang, that thing is heavier than I remember (I had a four-switch, anyway), and much heavier than my brother's 2600 Jr.

post-57050-0-02328600-1497465709_thumb.jpg

Check out that fancy walnut! I'm styling now! :grin: It seems to be in very good condition, albeit dirty. It needs a good cleaning. The left joystick input needs cleaning or soldering, as the joysticks do not move it all directions there. The right one works, although cleaning/soldering will be done too. As a matter of fact, I'm itching to disassemble and clean the unit.

The joysticks are in fact CX-10s. They feel more arcadey than the ones I had, which were the later variety (CX-40?). Will tear down and clean too. They may be missing a washer (or I may be just wrong), as I can see where the joystick's rubber cover's end tabs.

The paddles are working just fine.

Most of the games that came with the unit are the Sears titles.

And here's my daughter being introduced to the Atari!

post-57050-0-29140800-1497465746_thumb.jpg

And for the record (I know I have to enter it in the proper thread), the serial number is 65165T. Any of you named Scott Gilmore?

Thanks, regards.

• Like 3