IGNORED

Season 6 - The New HSC - Week 22 = Q*Bert's Qubes

S.BAZ

1,000,055 A/A Rollage! After completing level 10, levels 9 and 10 are repeated. On level 10 four rows must be matched, but once matched the qubes stay locked so jumping on a matched qube doesn't change it. The key is to build up a bunch of extra Q*berts from levels 1-6. I practiced quite a bit on the harder difficulty B/B. If you can get that down, A/A really isn't too difficult. One important tip is to stay away from the top 3 qubes (unless you have caught a green ball) use the middle row and bottom side rows to match. I'll try to put a video together.

post-34612-0-20388400-1498164877_thumb.jpg

post-34612-0-96520200-1498164931_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

1,000,055 A/A Rollage! After completing level 10, levels 9 and 10 are repeated. On level 10 four rows must be matched, but once matched the qubes stay locked so jumping on a matched qube doesn't change it. The key is to build up a bunch of extra Q*berts from levels 1-6. I practiced quite a bit on the harder difficulty B/B. If you can get that down, A/A really isn't too difficult. One important tip is to stay away from the top 3 qubes (unless you have caught a green ball) use the middle row and bottom side rows to match. I'll try to put a video together.

Amazing Score! Congrats

Did it take long?

I'm guessing 3hrs?

Q*Bert's Qubes Game A - 166,645

(I'm TOTALLY DONE since my goal set for this HSC round is 160,000 points, and I'm too away from JIN)

post-24681-0-66157300-1498179466_thumb.png

@NorthCoastGamer - Awesome score! You deserve the greatest VICTORY for this HSC round.

And I want to see you present on the next rounds of this 2600 NEW HSC Season.

Difficulty: A

Score: 4715

I like Q*bert, but so far I'm not a fan of this game. I wish that the qubes would visibly turn/spin when Q*bert jumps from them like they do in the arcade. I never played it in the arcade, but I can see how that would be helpful. I don't think I'm going to spend a whole lot of time on this game - but I want to participate in the club, so here's my submission.

post-47498-0-68834600-1498236075_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DanielJSorenson
  • Like 1

This is the perfect example of a sequel that takes the classic gameplay of the original and attempts to ruin it by over-complicating things.

But...

I am somehow actually having some fun with this now that I know what the hell I'm doing.

post-23265-0-42915300-1498247632_thumb.jpeg

Difficulty: A

Score: 18785

This will have to be where I stop - for this particular contest week at least. The game grew on me, and I finally am making sense of it. I may return to it in the future. My score, though much better, is still no where near the top performers, but it feels good to have finally gotten to the point where I knew somewhat what I was doing instead of just hopping around trying not to get caught by a baddie.

post-47498-0-62683600-1498301033_thumb.jpeg