IGNORED

Homebrews No Longer Obtainable?

PFL

Mmm. Anything can be put on cartridge. But yes the box and packaging and artwork and time spent laying it all out - that could be of interest to collectors. I suppose. Won't argue there.

---

As a non-collector I simply don't see value in it.

Edited by Keatah

Someone just sent me the link, agree it shouldn't be posted. Papa was definitely hurting, let's change the subject to something more pleasant.

TJ - you simply threatened to be more impolite; again, let's change the subject to something more pleasant - games and programming should be fun (programming, is always a game) and no one should need to curse out other programmers - I don't get that; I prefer loftier discussions.

The threatening emails that followed were definitely unfriendly, so was following me around; not sure how you find that polite and constructive.

TJ - you simply threatened to be more impolite; again, let's change the subject to something more pleasant

Saying Thomas sent "threatening emails" is slander. If he said he was going to be less polite in the future, that is in no way a "threat" to you.

We all see what you're doing here, including your desperate request to change the topic away from your lie. Anybody who has actually followed your links sees that nobody in fact is "following you around", and insulting you.

Stop lying.

• Like 7

I don't see it being worth a lot on ebay. Not because of the game or anything. I haven't played with it. The backlog of unplayed classic games is utterly overwhelming. I need to hire someone to play them for me.

It's my opinion that the more one-off (or low quantity) games that are put on cartridge, the less value future limited editions will exhibit.

It's one thing to have a library of 400 games on the market, with 5 being difficult to find. But to have 400 common games, and say 100 hard-to-finds, it's just part of the territory. There seems to be an inflection point where a collector suddenly devalues all the hard-to-finds and adopts an "if it comes my way, great" attitude. But no big deal.

At least that's how I see it.

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the thread & I'm just a bit confused. Is the game being discussed here Titan Axe?

TJ - you simply threatened to be more impolite; again, let's change the subject to something more pleasant - games and programming should be fun (programming, is always a game) and no one should need to curse out other programmers - I don't get that; I prefer loftier discussions.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would consider that a threatening email. And I finally found the link to the "game review full of personal insults." I don't know that I consider those personal attacks so much as harshly worded criticisms you didn't want to hear. Much of what I can recall of the Starblast thread is you continually insisting the game doesn't flicker, despite many people stating that they experienced flicker when playing it.

You don't get to pick and choose which reviews count and which don't. Getting one positive review doesn't mean a movie with a 1% rating on Rotten Tomatoes is a good movie, no matter how often the director cites it.

• Like 7

Other than BoulderDash, are there any 'high quality' homebrews that aren't obtainable? To me a lot of limited releases seem like overpriced one offs to get money for not a quality game. Having a beta rom helps and like with EMR was a reason I purchased it. I don't necessarily blame someone for not wanting to release the final rom. But I know there were games like Thrust+ and QB that I would have possibly passed up without playing on a rom first.

Saying Thomas sent "threatening emails" is slander. If he said he was going to be less polite in the future, that is in no way a "threat" to you.

We all see what you're doing here, including your desperate request to change the topic away from your lie. Anybody who has actually followed your links sees that nobody in fact is "following you around", and insulting you.

Stop lying.

RevEng,

Why not stop calling names and provaricating?

I did not say that TJ made a physical threat and it's clear that's what he thought I was comparing it to but I had no idea what was in the blog until someone sent it to me.

People tend to make good on their threats and TJ made good on his for the reason he cited; instead of keeping me on ignore he follows me around posting to other programmers I'm talking to with repeat posts crossing out the different names as he gives them orders to ignore me.

For that very reason I think it's important that Papa work things out with Al and apologize to him asap - you cannot make physical threats because it's scary; how should Al feel at the next show? Papa has some unrelated troubles he took out on Al and apologizing is really necessary when someone makes a physical threat because they scare the person they threaten and they need to promise not to do that and explain.

I would point out threats aren't always negative and neither is potty talk for that matter; I'd absolutely love it if some of these gentlemen would threaten to write some bad-ass code :)

You kept your word and kept me on ignore until now, take me off and click friend and we'll have some interesting conversations; I'm impressed you created the 7800 BASIC runtime (not too many programmers can do that) and for keeping your word and leaving me alone. Cool that you want to talk again - I'll also PM you a programmers copy of STARBLITZ Party Games, you will find the different HZ modes and effects really interesting and I'd really like to hear your perspective on why some of them are happening (don't seem like they should) and there are some research projects (not Atari related) involved I can't talk about on the forums (NDA).

RevEng,

I did not say that TJ made a physical threat and it's clear that's what he thought I was comparing it to but I had no idea what was in the blog until someone sent it to me.

People tend to make good on their threats and TJ made good on his for the reason he cited; instead of keeping me on ignore he follows me around posting to other programmers I'm talking to with repeat posts crossing out the different names as he gives them orders to ignore me.

For that very reason I think it's important that Papa work things out with Al and apologize to him asap - you cannot make physical threats because it's scary; how should Al feel at the next show? Papa has some unrelated troubles he took out on Al and apologizing is really necessary when someone makes a physical threat because they scare the person they threaten and they need to promise not to do that and explain.

I would point out threats aren't always negative and neither is potty talk for that matter; I'd absolutely love it if some of these gentlemen would threaten to write some bad-ass code :)

You kept your word and kept me on ignore until now, take me off and click friend and we'll have some interesting conversations; I'm impressed you created the 7800 BASIC runtime (not too many programmers can do that) and for keeping your word and leaving me alone. Cool that you want to talk again - I'll also PM you a programmers copy of STARBLITZ Party Games, you will find the different HZ modes and effects really interesting and I'd really like to hear your perspective on why some of them are happening (don't seem like they should) and there are some research projects (not Atari related) involved I can't talk about on the forums (NDA).

Your post are only funny cause you will end up banned soon :rolling:

• Like 2

I don't see any name calling in my post, just factual claims. I'll stop replying when you stop lying and slandering others. Nobody follows you around. Nobody sent you threatening mails. Everybody has given you waaaaaay more patience than you are worth.

We all know what your intended effect was when you claimed Thomas had sent "threatening emails". You're fooling nobody. Absolutely nobody.

Your excuse is juvenile. If you find yourself in the future telling the cops that someone "threatened murder", when in reality someone "threatened to murder a sandwich", remember that I told you here and now that it was slander, as they take you away.

• Like 4

Your post are only funny cause you will end up banned soon :rolling:

I don't see any name calling in my post, just factual claims. I'll stop replying when you stop lying and slandering others. Nobody follows you around. Nobody sent you threatening mails. Everybody has given you waaaaaay more patience than you are worth.

post-30777-0-14344200-1498182588_thumb.jpg

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241103-another-emulator/?p=3729057

Looks like following me around. If you like I'll pm you the threat to be more impolite; this is silly - what am I going to do send Al a complaint "hey TJ is impolite? Threatened to be more impolite?" It's like Andrew's video. Someone threw a third grad insult. Yeah, OK. So what. TJ is boring, derails conversations. Big deal.

It cracks me up how you talk for everyone else though - that I really have no answer for, but I suspect you speak only for the "Atari jerks" clicking like in the image.

Either take me off ignore and be friends or stop the crying and ignore me, I can't take the PMS.

Looks like following me around. If you like I'll pm you the threat to be more impolite; this is silly - what am I going to do send Al a complaint "hey TJ is impolite? Threatened to be more impolite?" It's like Andrew's video. Someone threw a third grad insult. Yeah, OK. So what. TJ is boring, derails conversations. Big deal.

It cracks me up how you talk for everyone else though - that I really have no answer for, but I suspect you speak only for the "Atari jerks" clicking like in the image.

Either take me off ignore and be friends or stop the crying and ignore me, I can't take the PMS.

So he did this once in a thread he was actively participating in and that means he's stalking you? Drama queen much?

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 3

I'd be curious to know what homebrews are unavailable and in demand. For me, that would be "Another Adventure." The game looks cool & had a nifty box :)

Hey, I remember that, I made those carts and actually never ended up with one. :dunce:

Not a homebrew, but I wish I hadn't missed out on the short run of Pink Panther & Power Lords.

Would have liked Evil Magician Returns. I hope that gets a re-release if part II ever gets a cart. If it came with two nice boxes that would be epic.

Wish I would have gotten a boxed Caverns of Mars. That's a great game!

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would consider that a threatening email. And I finally found the link to the "game review full of personal insults." I don't know that I consider those personal attacks so much as harshly worded criticisms you didn't want to hear. Much of what I can recall of the Starblast thread is you continually insisting the game doesn't flicker, despite many people stating that they experienced flicker when playing it.

You don't get to pick and choose which reviews count and which don't. Getting one positive review doesn't mean a movie with a 1% rating on Rotten Tomatoes is a good movie, no matter how often the director cites it.

Good points except you're mistaken; as the real German reviewer Trixer pointed out, I'm open to the feedback and added all the elements everyone requested (you had some great feedback too I believe) including a full 60 HZ mode for the game where everything on screen is at 60 HZ; the interesting thing is the game plays better and flickers less at 30 HZ. It was designed to look better at 30 HZ but it's interesting that it appears to flicker less at 30 HZ too; goes to show there are a lot of other factors involved with our perception of flicker besides HZ.

It's plain to see on the real hardware or in Stella and Javatari, take a look and share your feedback. I'm interested in hearing anyones explanation why we percieve less flicker at 30 HZ than at 60 with this game.

So he did this once in a thread he was actively participating in and that means he's stalking you? Drama queen much?

No, the "Atari Jerks" all constantly follow me around making the same sort of troll posts to show off how they are ignoring me while not actually ignoring me and recruiting others to join in instead of talking shop; they look like drama queens with PMS when they do that. I always prefer to talk shop which is clear from all of the threads they follow me on and I'm not going to keep linking examples, I did it once and now you'll have to use the search function.

Whatever sells best. :D

This is an interesting post and back on topic - here's a best seller from the 80's and coincidentally the only game I could not give away because of the DRM.

post-30777-0-59943300-1498222877_thumb.jpg

Was it the DRM that made it a best seller even late in the game, or the fact that it crossed boundries and folks in other special interest groups that never used computers were buying Color Computers just to play this game, or had C64's and Apples but still bought Color Computers just to play it.

Possibly some of both, this game was unique in that it sold the target computer (and to folks not interested in computers or even video games) as well as the game.

Are there any games or demo's today that sell the hardware too and not just the game? ;)