IGNORED

IntelliXpander module

opcode

86 members have voted

1. 1. What design would work best for the IntelliXpander?

• Make it to match the original Intellivision design
    • Make it to match the Intellivision II design

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would prefer something that is like neither of the consoles. Maybe a bit blocky in form like the II, but make the case color clear or smoky translucent. Put the cart slot(s) in the top as well, since the way it was described I think here is no need to daisy chain anything to it because of he new functionality.

If that won't work, gen I prefer the II look and feel since that is what I have (but I use Flashback controllers with he Nurmix adapters).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

The next two steps now are:

1) we get the prototypes (and try to enlist some 3rd parties with that, to be discussed). Hopefully in a couple of months

2) we show the first game :D

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

The next two steps now are:

1) we get the prototypes (and try to enlist some 3rd parties with that, to be discussed). Hopefully in a couple of months

2) we show the first game :D

Castlevania???? :-)

Or a clone. ..

Casavania. Lol

Edited by Rev

A design that fit both, but can be colored in white or brown, like Mattel did with the computer module for Europe sounds like the good deal.

For the cart slot, if they are for new games, then I guess you can make the slot for using your standard.

I guess it's not a huge market, but making your design INTV II only will mean that Europeans will be less likely to get one as we never got the model II here.

• Like 1

Two more questions, as I just got them from the hardware team:

1) How do you feel about not having an Intellivision cartridge slot in the IntelliXpander (which means you would need to remove the module to play regular games)? Reason for the question: not having an Intv slot in the IntelliXpander opens a lot of space, reduce cost.

2) How do you feel about improved video? For example, how far would it be ok to go (you can name other systems as examples of ok graphics)?