IGNORED

RXB2015 on P-GRAM+ (finally)

aftyde

Hi All,

If anyone wants RXB2015 for their P-GRAM+ just download the attached disk image. Finally cracked the code. Not being able to load it into the P-GRAM+ has been a nagging problem - recently, I made a RXB cart. Was tinkering with the P-GRAM+ software and thought - hmmm... wonder if I can just dump the cart?

And it worked! :)

Cheers, Arthur...

PGRXB2015.dsk

Edited by aftyde
  • Like 4

I remember, I think that was v5.55 which (even at the time) was a bit dated. If you have seven files I can load into mine for the latest version - I'd love to try it out.

I give you the Source and PGRAM files so do not understand why those do not work for yours?

It works fine for my TI99/4A with PGRAM?

Hi Rich,

Gave it another go with markedly different results. They just loaded! Had to rename the files for the P-GRAM+ but it worked. I'm wondering if the problems I was having before might be a result of the card hardware. I recently fried the card, and Marc Hull was generous enough to take a look at it. Other than some cooked voltage regulators / card support chips he noticed a non-standard part (some sort of memory chip) and replaced it with the one actually intended for the card.

Now the card did work before - mostly, as well as any other piece of 30 year old tech... :)

The RXB2015 version in the zip, is that the most recent?

I have noticed an interesting bug. In RXB's EA - the [D]irectory function works well with DSK and WDS (except hard disk size is represented as an exponent), but not at all with HDX. Seems true of the copy I have on the cart, the version I dumped from the cart to the PGRAM, and the version you just sent which I loaded directly into the PGRAM.

Still pretty awesome - my 8 year old son is learning to program in BASIC using RXB! :)

Cheers, Arthur...

Hi Rich,

Gave it another go with markedly different results. They just loaded! Had to rename the files for the P-GRAM+ but it worked. I'm wondering if the problems I was having before might be a result of the card hardware. I recently fried the card, and Marc Hull was generous enough to take a look at it. Other than some cooked voltage regulators / card support chips he noticed a non-standard part (some sort of memory chip) and replaced it with the one actually intended for the card.

Now the card did work before - mostly, as well as any other piece of 30 year old tech... :)

The RXB2015 version in the zip, is that the most recent?

I have noticed an interesting bug. In RXB's EA - the [D]irectory function works well with DSK and WDS (except hard disk size is represented as an exponent), but not at all with HDX. Seems true of the copy I have on the cart, the version I dumped from the cart to the PGRAM, and the version you just sent which I loaded directly into the PGRAM.

Still pretty awesome - my 8 year old son is learning to program in BASIC using RXB! :)

Cheers, Arthur...

Yea I need to fix this will make a note to fix it.