IGNORED

Intellivision Info/Resources/FAQ

In case anyone is interested in Eric7100's recent homebrew sales.

Here's the final stats of the money that he made from his third round of sales:

$778.08 (total money from sales) - $154.23 (packing/shipping expenses & PayPal/eBay fees) = $623.85 (total money left over)

Once again, Eric and Salt thank all of you who bought from them! :) :) :)

Thank again,for that update Rev...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

so I am Australia , I want to buy an Intellivsion, say with HDMI output so I can run it on my modern TV, where would I get one? how would i know its reliable ?

I don't think an Intellivision that's either [modified] original or hardware emulation that has HDMI exists. You should be able to have an original Intellivision modified for composite or RGB and then convert that signal to HDMI. You'd have to do the modification yourself or look for one already done to come up on ebay. You can create a new topic here requesting modification services.

Have you considered software emulation with an HDMI computer?

Edited by mr_me

I don't think an Intellivision that's either [modified] original or hardware emulation that has HDMI exists. You should be able to have an original Intellivision modified for composite or RGB and then convert that signal to HDMI. You'd have to do the modification yourself or look for one already done to come up on ebay. You can create a new topic here requesting modification services.

Have you considered software emulation with an HDMI computer?

I have, but I like the old controllers etc.. I have a flashback, but i wanted to play some of these new carts coming out , hence why I want a real hardware intellivsion.

• 5 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I picked up an Intellivision II this weekend at a local junk store, and not surprisingly it's missing the power supply. I've been doing a lot of reading on the power supply to see if I can avoid a $30 cost to get one online, but so far I am seeing a lot of information that does not jive with my experience:

- I have an OEM Jaguar power supply. The end does not fit into the power supply port on the back of the INTV 2.

- I have an OEM NES power supply. Same thing, doesn't fit.

- I have also tried a Genesis power supply, same result.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 5200 power supply to test. I'm not sure how folks in this thread and elsewhere are saying they've used the above power supplies and "they've worked", as they clearly don't fit into the end of the INTV 2.

post-6867-0-96814900-1536510593_thumb.jpg

I see what you mean about the other PSUs, sounds like at a minimum you'd have to replace the connector.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/10392-intellivision-ii-power-supply/

I would get one of those "universal" sets with an adjustable power input and replaceable connectors, personally. Though I wouldn't care too much about a fried Intv2, as they're pretty blech even when working. Good luck!

Hi all.

Please I wanted to ask two questions about the Sylvania console.

1) In the CIB version, is the serial number of these consoles also printed on the box, or the box don't have write serial number ?

.. (for example, I have three box version of England Mattel Intellivision but none of these is written or the serial number sticker. )

2) It's possible to have a photo of the original Sylvania booklet that was inserted in its box ?

Thanks everyone in advance for the safe help.

Hi all.

1) In the CIB version, is the serial number of these consoles also printed on the box, or the box don't have write serial number ?

.. (for example, I have three box version of England Mattel Intellivision but none of these is written or the serial number sticker. )

2) It's possible to have a photo of the original Sylvania booklet that was inserted in its box ?

http://www.beeslife.com/intvlibrary/index.htm

Hi all.

My boxed system does have a SN on the box.

post-36757-0-23570100-1536591324_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-44661700-1536591325.jpg

Would Mattel have had to release Sylvania, Tandy, and Sears-branded keyboard components if its test marketing had been successful? Would they have molded it in ivory for the Sears variant? Yikes.

Haha! Wow, I didnt know I wanted a Sears KC but I sure do now. ???

• Like 1

If by any chance someone has a Sylvania console with box, serial number of the box that corresponds with the console, polystyrene and booklet that wants to sell,... I would be very interested.

Thank you

The one I just showed you is for sale and the console numbers match, with foam and booklet. Box has minor issue. Pics to follow tomorrow if you pm me.

Doing the flea market thing today I was able to pick up an Atari 5200 power supply and can indeed confirm that it works just fine with the Intellivision 2. Cost me $10.

So, just a suggestion, but I would recommend amending the first post in this thread to avoid confusion and people spending money on things that won't work re: INTV 2 power supply.

In particular, I can confirm that these do not work, and if needed, can provide video evidence of it:

Some people say a Jaguar Power Supply will work, while someone else said the tip is not the same size.

'rgw825', on 02 Mar 2010 - 5:43 PM, said:

snapback.png

The NES power supply does work with it. Just tested it.

Doing the flea market thing today I was able to pick up an Atari 5200 power supply and can indeed confirm that it works just fine with the Intellivision 2. Cost me $10.

So, just a suggestion, but I would recommend amending the first post in this thread to avoid confusion and people spending money on things that won't work re: INTV 2 power supply.

In particular, I can confirm that these do not work, and if needed, can provide video evidence of it:

Some people say a Jaguar Power Supply will work, while someone else said the tip is not the same size.

'rgw825', on 02 Mar 2010 - 5:43 PM, said:

snapback.png

Ya, some changes need to be made, but i don't have the power to edit it. There is also a mistake that the second half of those were possible power supply's for the ECS but i wrote Model 2 again on accident. The Nes Power Supply was meant for the ECS

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have a question concerning the box "GOLF" Mattel Electronics.

Where could this box be sold? I thought in the UK but on the flap at the bottom of the box there is no writing of the type: "Distibuted by Advanced Consumer Electronics Ltd. Unit 3 .... Wembley ....... Manufactured for Mattel by Radolfin Electronics ..... "..
The box code is 1816-0820 ... but with a G1.

Inside, as you can see from the photos, there is a sheet written ... "..... Middx, England".
Everything makes me think it's English .... but what does the "G1" mean and the lack of writings that refer to "Radolfin".like other versions of other English games ?.
I didn't even find this version on the wonderful INTV Funhouse website.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

20191125_144119.thumb.jpg.86349b03d30fbbfddc670607ba9233fa.jpg

20191125_144102.thumb.jpg.caebe65279fd3ee5266cb03f22e21e1e.jpg

20191125_144017.thumb.jpg.b7513504287285f62d0923ee5ae68930.jpg

The box itself could have been sold in any english speaking country outside north america.  G1 means it's a revision, probably a change to the text somewhere on the box; same with the instructions.  Intvfunhouse is not complete.

Edited by mr_me

I recently added several -810 boxes, all from the U.K. I wonder if sports licensing was only allowed for U.S. market, or deemed undesirable or unnecessary or even bad for sales in external markets. I haven’t combed through the -0820 manuals looking for “British English”-isms.