IGNORED

Name that Game

Opry99er

OK, so here's a recent homebrew game that I don't completely understand. The first bit is understandable, but when I get to the part in this screenshot I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. But that's not the point... can you name the game?

post-47499-0-52944600-1499978998_thumb.png

That game could have been so much better if:

a) they would have abandoned their attempts to make it a vertical scroller - the character height scrolling is just plain awful and just distracts.

b) would have simply had stars in the background - the planets, moons and other objects add nothing, and often obscure the enemies.

But it IS the closest to a Galaxian that we've got (well, actually, no...we do have another - a truly fine one as a matter of fact - but I'll save that for next time I'm posting one), and other than those two complaints, it is a very mice looking game.

Anyway, I've answered far too recently, so I'll wait until the next one.

Hmmm... Astrofighter based on the DECO Cassette System arcade version.

hope digdugnate forgives me for confirming this one on his behalf, and inviting you to please submit the next entry...

And thank you, I'll have to look for that Deco Cassette game for MAME...I didn;t know the TI game was based on anything else (I guess the "DECO" should have given it away!)

• Like 1

hope digdugnate forgives me for confirming this one on his behalf, and inviting you to please submit the next entry...

And thank you, I'll have to look for that Deco Cassette game for MAME...I didn;t know the TI game was based on anything else (I guess the "DECO" should have given it away!)

of course! Torrax is next up for the game.

Looks to be "Race" by "Software Specialties, Inc." (I found it in JS99er as a cartridge converted by Tursi)

Also, SSGC was the Short and Sweet Gaming Contest, and SSGC Racer was indeed impressive for 30 lines of XB

Well I'll give this to PeteE. The game was Go Cart Racing/Racer by Software Specialties ©1983. Got this from a games compilation disk that TexComp use to offer. You can see how SSGC could refer to this.

Guess your up now for the next game PeteE.