IGNORED

A strange 2600 cart pickup

Scooter83

Here's a strange cart I just picked up online. Every now and then I pick up a game lot just cause one cart looks strange and the overall price was cheap enough not to break the bank but still leaves me with questions.

So here's this month's I wonder what it is. The cart says musical in the middle and filmokoma musical at the top left. The seller doesn't remember what the title screen says for as company but it was some kinda music game. Basically I figured strawberry short cake musical game ( but the cart case sint parker bros) or grovers music maker cause that was an atari cart. Any who this needed up being a 3.00 what is it since the lot came with 9 carts ( 5 intv and 4 a2600 carts and 3 a2600 controllers). Figure I'd share the mystery with you all and see what ideas you all come up with. Are there any music games I'm missing for the 2600 that this could be?

I'll be home at the end of the month to try it out be figure the more minds look at this and think about it maybe there's a good answer to what it might be .

post-35058-0-15974300-1501753246_thumb.png

post-35058-0-44448800-1501753317_thumb.png

Edited by Scooter83

I'm honestly stumped. As JHD pointed out the most obvious answer is Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups, but there's a chance it's something new. You never know. It does *look* like a prototype, but it could also be someone's cheap replacement label.

That's the road I'm working on first what common game with this cart style would be a music or musical game. Also it could be a replacement label or a label for some music camp ( I was thinking this morning) Im trying not to get my hopes up for anything too rare. It was a cheap that's kinda odd buy but not seeing too many possibilities. The filmokoma name gets me no search results on google. I mean does anyone see any other word top left than the spelling I have?

My very first impression was that "filmokoma" is someone's garbled, phonetic attempt to spell "philharmonic".

Alternatively, it may not be an English word; it's not recognizably French, but it may be from a Slavic language (e.g. Polish).

Is there any possibility that this could be a European PAL game?

Yes, the first A in Memorama is identical to the A in Musical.

8)

Funny that you edited this - the original was totally wrong of course. But this one is still ambiguous - because there are two "musical", with different A's to each other

The first "A" in "memorama" is identical to the "A" in the "musical" on the same label. I think the two labels may have been written by different people (the S, A and U are distinctly different in form)

Quite odd that someone has two very different styles of writing a single letter in the same word, though. Could it be some localised way of writing an A with an umlaut or something like that? So, one is an A and the other is an Ä?

Edit: The label is torn above the last A in "memorama" so it could indeed be "memoramÄ"

Edited by Andrew Davie

Funny that you edited this - the original was totally wrong of course. But this one is still ambiguous - because there are two "musical", with different A's to each other

The first "A" in "memorama" is identical to the "A" in the "musical" on the same label. I think the two labels may have been written by different people (the S, A and U are distinctly different in form)

Quite odd that someone has two very different styles of writing a single letter in the same word, though. Could it be some localised way of writing an A with an umlaut or something like that? So, one is an A and the other is an Ä?

Yes, I was talking about the word Musical in the same label ofcourse.

Could very well be that the other label was written by another person.

8)