IGNORED

Jaguar Console Logo's to Scale

Rick Dangerous

Hello everyone. My white Jaguar is under construction and I am looking to have the local vinyl/print shop make up some logos for my newly constructed console.

Does anyone have a graphic of the "Jaguar" logo from the left side of the console that would print relatively to scale?

Also looking for the Atari logo centered above the "64-Bit Interactive Multimedia System" text.

If you could upload it, and also maybe in blue that would be much appreciated.

Not sure the Jag CD is needed since replacement shells were never made for that..

Edited by travistouchdown

No idea on size, but I did create these as custom Photoshop shapes for you. The Jaguar logo is decent sized, but the text (custom bent) and Atari Logo are smaller. I'm attaching the .pngs as visual reference, and am happy to email you the photoshop files for printing if you PM it to me (not allowed to upload .psd files)

post-6479-0-93265200-1502758041_thumb.png

post-6479-0-02906500-1502758051_thumb.png

post-6479-0-84334600-1502758062_thumb.png

• Like 11

Once you know the correct size for each, you can marry the logo and text together. I didn't, so I left them separate. I was also just going off an overhead picture I found online, so the curvature of the text may need to be slightly adjusted. Email sent. Edit- They will probably need to bump the resolution to 300 and change to CYMK for printing, I'm used to working on video and forgot to change the mode when I made them. Again, very easy to do on the backend.

Edited by MayDay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

RmLU1NE.jpg

I made a bunch of the Jaguar logo for anyone with a clear/white shell if they want one. The design had to be tweaked after a fair bit of trial and error because the detail was so fine that the cutter was pulling up pieces of the vinyl. These are 1" x 3".

Would you be up to make these in blue?

The local design/decal shop is telling me:

"Unfortunately after attempting to cut this a few times, I cannot get our plotter to cut the vinyl small enough to work for this application."

Would you be up to make these in blue?

The local design/decal shop is telling me:

"Unfortunately after attempting to cut this a few times, I cannot get our plotter to cut the vinyl small enough to work for this application."

I have had a few other people ask for blue so I'm going to try to get some done soon, I've been busy with other things. It's on the to-do list don't worry I will get around to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

post-38373-0-50453200-1515875970_thumb.jpgShould get it back Monday, this pic is from my local modder's place. In STRONG need of a blue Jaguar Logo :)

Apparently this project was quite a pain in the ass. Besides re-positioning the screw holes, the switch to turn the console on wasn't the same size as factory and something had to be engineered. On top of that, this NOS motherboard i got off ebay was probably on there because it was warped and the previous person figured it out. He was able to figure that out too, countersinking some screws to even it out...But I would have been screwed if I tried to DIY.

Oh well, all's well that ends well. Will consider this done once I get a nice blue Jaguar sticker on it and will post another pic.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

What's funny is how easily you can place the logo / text and actually aligned unlike how it was hotpadded originally by Atari.

Every Jaguar I've owned with the exception of 1 had some whack alignment issue, it's like they didn't really care and the tolerance for passing was "Can you read the text?" then it's good. Never mind the 87 degree angle, it's good! They don't care, they just want to play some sweet Crescent Fresh Galaxy Game!

I really like that blue on white!

• Like 1

If they can put a man on the moon, we can cut tiny vinyl :D

PM The BRAT if you want to blue logo treatment your white Jag.

EDIT: I spent about 5 minutes positioning that Jaguar logo with the example stock jag next to it. I did NOT want to mess it up. haha

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bratwurst did you produce the atari logo and 64 bit text??

I would take these from you in blue if you did.

Perhaps they would fit on one sticker.

No idea on size, but I did create these as custom Photoshop shapes for you. The Jaguar logo is decent sized, but the text (custom bent) and Atari Logo are smaller. I'm attaching the .pngs as visual reference, and am happy to email you the photoshop files for printing if you PM it to me (not allowed to upload .psd files)