IGNORED

Promises promises...

Sinphaltimus

Well, for now, I saved on level4 - I got killed 3 times in a row and needed a break. Not enough heals or mana so I'm thinking of trying a bit more "runaway!" as I search for more potions.

Level 4 is definitely where things get challenging... What enemies are getting you? What spells and tactics are you using to fight them?

Oh yes... Evil Knights are tough. ;) You'll want some of the more powerful equipment on level 4 to be able to take them on...

Some hints if you want them...

• Save your game before any encounter, from level 4 on the monsters are very deadly and can inflict debilitating and annoying effects on you, such as:
    • Acid Slimes can destroy your armor, weapon or shield
    • Thieves can steal the equipment out of your backpack
    • Ghouls can numb you, which reduces your ability to hit and dodge attacks
    • Flying swords can only be struck with magical weapons
  • If you have it, use the Hold Spell to paralyze enemies so you can get in several hits with your dagger to one of theirs.
  • The Fireball spell is also somewhere on the level...
  • Seek out the Ring of Wizardry, it will let you regenerate mana for every step you take. A serious game-changer...

• Like 2

One thing I couldn't control is that there's always a chance you can get into a nearly impossible situation.

If your character is boxed in by all the toughest monsters on a level by dumb luck and can't explore outwards and find equipment and replenishment, he may be screwed... There may be no way to deal with that short of always save a game after completing the prior level near the exit and if you get a "bad" next level, just reload and try again.

• Like 1

And here's where I leave off for now. :)

Very much enjoying this - good job.

I have a couple of critiques so far, nothing major - just some thoughts before I do finish as a Wizard.
HOLD spell - one should not miss so much when striking a held opponent.

Equipment List - hits the bottom of the screen then continues over writing from the top. Makes it difficult to read or see the entire list (possibly split into 2 pages?)
I'd love to see a Wizard's Doom Guide that lists all items and spells with descriptions. I'd order a copy.

:)

post-47352-0-68166600-1502927136_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have a couple of critiques so far, nothing major - just some thoughts before I do finish as a Wizard.

HOLD spell - one should not miss so much when striking a held opponent.

Equipment List - hits the bottom of the screen then continues over writing from the top. Makes it difficult to read or see the entire list (possibly split into 2 pages?)

I'd love to see a Wizard's Doom Guide that lists all items and spells with descriptions. I'd order a copy.

attachicon.gifmapl5.png

I think I tested having you hit 100% of the time and it was just too powerful of a spell. Plus a monster's defense also reflects their natural ability to just deflect blows passively.

How many items did you have in your pack? The maximum is supposed to be 15, so it should never go over... unless some errant tab command got out of control. I'll have to investigate that.

I've considered doing a guide, but I honestly wanted someone to actually discover a lot of things without spoilers. :)

• Like 2

Something has me very worried now. My equiped list is empty - is it possible to lose all my items at once? I did fight the Evial Wizard but he teleported away just before killing me. did he take all my stuff?!?!?!

Anyway, I just noticed that and am very worried about it sicne it means I lost my wizard's ring and all of my magical items.

Here,s a current screenshot of my equipment list.

post-47352-0-69458400-1502984086_thumb.png

Wow, yeah, you have more than 15 items! There's a bug somewhere... I think when you disarm a trap on an item it auto-adds it to inventory without checking if you've hit the limit.

And yes, the Evil Wizard can cast a spell that destroys your equipment...

Spoilers below...

The Evil Wizard can cast the following spells:

Fireball - Does a decent amount of damage to you

Healing - Heals himself a bit

Klutz - Numbs you

Lethargy - Weakens you

Jinx - Curses you

Dispel - Removes all your positive spell effects

Corrode - Destroys your shield, armor, weapon, and ring in that order

Teleport - He only casts this once, after you have reduced his health halfway. This forces you to find him again to continue the battle...

• Like 1

I'm avoiding a dragon for now. I've fought and died against it many times. I cannot yet figure out how to defeat it after what I thought was the perfect battle executed perfectly, and still failing.

And then I goofed.

post-47352-0-35672000-1503159174_thumb.png

Still going...searching for treasures...avoiding dragons....killing everything else while being wary of the Evil Wizard's presence.....sommmmmmmmmewhere.......heeeeerrrrrre...

Tried to save to a DSK image?

So you haven't killed the dragon once? Hmm...

Save to FIAD (c99).

Nope, not once. Killing everything else first. I hope to kill the Evil Wizard without having to face the Dragon. I'm filling in my map at the moment.

EDIT:

What I did last time, full heal, full mana, 3x fireball scrolls, 2 heal scrolls right after the FBs.

Spell = fireball.

My attack sequence was flawless.

Got in there and hit fireball every turn and got to heal scroll just when I needed it, and right back to fireballs until I needed the next heal and right back to fireballs.

I got killed before I ran out of Mana.

I though - to Kill a dragon I had to Be a Dragon. Nope.

Oh, and my inventory sorted itself out after drinking a bunch of potions. No more overflow issue.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

I don't have my notes with me, but a couple points under a spoiler tag...

There is only one dragon for a reason...

Dragons have resistance to magic, so your spells are only half effective.

The Evil Wizard is immortal; he will just regenerate elsewhere on the level until you figure out his secret...

Things are getting pretty real at the moment...

post-47352-0-12562100-1503184438_thumb.png

I HAVE SLAIN THE DRAGON!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-47352-0-45481500-1503186023_thumb.png

I've also beat the wizard down a couple of times. I think I'm going to suicide bomb the next encounter with some Void Agate or something.

EDIT:

Well now it's the final Showdown. Dungeon cleared, Just me, the Evil Wizard and my gear...
post-47352-0-44377100-1503187280_thumb.png

post-47352-0-31911500-1503187442_thumb.png

post-47352-0-62801200-1503187440_thumb.png

EDIT2:

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-47352-0-34530500-1503188021_thumb.png

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2