IGNORED

Need opinions on homebrew title

Karl G

Homebrew Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is "Space Game" a reasonable game title?

• Sure; why not?
    • No; it's entirely too silly.
    • I like ice cream.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I gave my homebrew space shooter a working title of "Space Game". It quickly grew on me, though, and it has stuck so far. I'm curious what others think of the title: does it seem fun, or too silly?

In my mind, it's meant to be campy in a fun way: it's a light-hearted, fun shooter with a crazy premise. I think of the title as being similar to the movie title "Scary Movie".

Would the title be a deterrent to anyone browsing titles in the AtariAge store? I appreciate any and all feedback!

I voted and I don't have a problem with the title, except for the fact that I have a game on my Harmony called "Another Space Game". So, that could be a little confusing, but it's not a major issue. Quite a few of the old 2600 games have simple titles that didn't always make it clear what the game was about.

Honestly, I'll play it no matter what the title is, so feel free to keep the name or change it. :-D

Depends on the game play and back story. If it is about a space pilot who has been captured by an evil entity and forced to play harrowing games in space, then Space Game would be the perfect title. But on the other hand, you are the creative mind behind your own game so call it what ever feels right to you. :)

Sure, straightforward and to the point. What is the "portable" version?

That's the version that attempts to work around the emulation limitations of the Atari Flashback Portable, for those who want to play on that device - there's an alternate title screen, no starfield effect, etc. Unfortunately, the 6-digit score is still messed up on the portable.