IGNORED

My Next Game - Robot Zed

Sprybug

Reddy Killowatt :) This guy made a lasting impression on me ever since seeing him in a school PSA a long ass time ago. I think Mr. Yuck is his bastard son but I could be mistaken..

The following avatar I have used was also a favorite ;)c943fd995053a52c70a06ad4cef28772.jpg

That is a freaking awesome avatar and I did forget to ask you where it's from. That is going to be my wallpaper.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Dang, i wish i could play a demo real fan of chris stuff i got zippy and i was planning to get princess rescue for my birthday.. well at least ill get this game when it comes out!!!! :)

Good luck with that. It's not sold in the store anymore cause Nintendo got mad about it and the aftermarket price is pretty spicy.

I just listened to your music "Sky Land" again.

I like how it is in tune (as far Atari 2600 can get), with no sour, or really off key notes.

If you like the buzzy notes, just stop reading.. It is certainly a style of which you can be proud.

I just think there are more regular notes in between so that you could use pure and not buzzy tones.

When I first do a tune, and the Visual batari Basic keyboard has say 2 missing values between F sharp and A and you need the missing G or G sharp, try one or both of the "missing" values. Sometimes it's a perfect fit.

They are no missing values, the frequency goes from 0/1 to 31 for all channels. They are not shown on the keyboard view because they were determined to be so far off the keyboard key that it is skipped.

If you can play the intended note on a keyboard or phone app, go to the Advanced tab and see if there is a pure tone of channel 4 or 12 that matches. If it's unpleasant or way off then of course go to the buzzy tone.

I can do this whole complicated run in only Channel 4 and 12, so I think most tones are there and acceptable.

01 songEndingFinal.bas.bin

• Like 1

I know this game's been long in development. Finding time at times has been hard, plus I started over when I wanted the game to have a whole better look than what I originally came up with. It's now using DPC+, with a higher playfield resolution and more enemies on the screen at one time. It's also going to be more of a Rogue like like Binding of Isaac / Rogue Legacy. You will still get power ups but now you purchase them with energy modules before every level, so you can customize your robot before going into a level. You'll also be able to randomize a level again, if you have to start over and didn't like the configuration you had, otherwise it's locked down every time you go into it. Because it's DPC+, I have less space to code, which means I had to do away with some stuff, plus if It looks like I can only fit one song in this thing, unless somehow we can get DPC+ to do 64K! If so, not only will I be able to incorporate more music, but I can do more with boss battles, and have more screens to pick from to generate a level with.

• Like 2