IGNORED

Music Machine Possibly Found - Pictures Included

Mats90245

I was sitting around looking through the aps hoping to find some Atari stuff when I stumbled on an ad that had something I couldn't believe (auction photo below). I contacted the seller and shockingly, he said "come and get it". Well I flew down there and picked this up.

Is this an actual authentic copy of Music Machine????

I'll plug in the system and test it tonight but it looks legit.

I'm hoping this is real. I won't say what I paid, but it wasn't much.

post-50497-0-49989000-1505021319_thumb.png

post-50497-0-31741600-1505021436_thumb.jpg

post-50497-0-40330400-1505021452_thumb.jpg

post-50497-0-30293300-1505021466_thumb.jpg

post-50497-0-35108500-1505021476_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

No, that's doubtful. In box it can bring 4 figures for Halloween. Music machine would be a decent down payment.

There are 2 listed on eBay now ($550-719) both CIB. Neither has the handwritten "Haloween" is that Variation a lot more? I've never seen one and thought they might be pretty pricey.

I was hoping this cart would bring $400+

There are 2 listed on eBay now ($550-719) both CIB. Neither has the handwritten "Haloween" is that Variation a lot more? I've never seen one and thought they might be pretty pricey.

I was hoping this cart would bring $400+

That's cool. I thought Halloween was bringing more. You might do ok then. Good luck! I still lack either of these myself.

• Like 1

The cartridges that you occasionally see with the handwritten labels were actually sold several years after the game's original release by a company in Ohio called Pleasant Valley Video. PVV was run by a guy named Jim Redd and that's his handwriting you see on those crude (and often misspelled) labels. He claimed at the time to have acquired Wizard's stock of unsold cartridges but today that claim is considered suspect to say the least. The Apollo-style PCBs and shells Wizard used to produce their games were fairly easy to acquire back then, so it's very likely the cartridges sold by PVV were basically bootlegs or early repros. Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but that's what I consider them to be and I think most of the serious collectors here would agree.

• Like 4