IGNORED

New 4MB RAM expansion

Simius

If you are testing for an Antonia without a 65816, then you are probably testing for something that works like every other RAM upgrade.

rather not. If Antonia is configured that there is no extra memory (or Axlon)? You will detect nothing. Therefore better check Antonia's config register. After such detection you can further check for 16bit proc or MapRAM.

• Like 1

I think the point is that testing for 4MB of RAM will only detect 4MB of RAM, but the Antonia register is (presumably) an unambiguous indication that Antonia is present, and not some other 4MB upgrade (assuming one exists).

And the point I was making is that will only detect 1 board.

If you are writing a utility for Antonia, that's preferred. If not, why write a special case for 1 board.

So what if someone has to set the RAM configuration before you can use it.

It's not like people are going to write a special version for one upgrade, and a special version for another.

It rather depends on the interpretation of the question "how do you detect the upgrade?". I understood it to mean Antonia, but if all you want to do is find out how much RAM is in the machine or what CPU is present at runtime, clearly there are plenty of well-documented methods for doing both.

The difference is that Antonia without 65816 additionally supports MapRAM.

Antonia reg. $D1F7:

b7 - lock/unlock write

b6-b4 - used ROM slot

b3 - 16bit cpu memory (dosn't matter in 8-bit cpu version)

b2-b0 - ext.ram config off,128k,192k,256k,320k,576k,1m and 4mb Axlon

what other atari upgrades is Antonio compatible with - if any?

I have a 4mb 1200XL and was wondering if it's possible to somehow make it work alongside an atarimax 32-in-1

i know it's unlikely, but just wondered if anyone has found a way

Heh, I suppose it is, but the flashable solutions (Antonia, U1MB, etc) present far more than forty possibilities, since you can apply an infinite number of operating systems as and when you feel like it. Flashing from disk isn't exactly as convenient as pressing a couple of buttons, but in reality eight carefully selected operating systems should be sufficient to cover most eventualities. :)

• Like 1

Here is the newer version of the ANT.EXE config program and flasher for Antonia. It should be a bit more user-friendly in regard to the slot identification. It also allows to flash a 400/800 OS into the ROM: this possibility was missing in the original release, I do not know, why (I probably forgot about it).

ant11.zip

• Like 9

Here is the newer version of the ANT.EXE config program and flasher for Antonia. It should be a bit more user-friendly in regard to the slot identification. It also allows to flash a 400/800 OS into the ROM: this possibility was missing in the original release, I do not know, why (I probably forgot about it).

Does this by chance make it possible to use Antonia in an 800?

Thanks

• Like 1

I finally put together the parts from ebay to attempt to get the firmware upgraded in my Antonia so I can use the SIDE2 Cart with it...

- USB Blaster with IDC cable

- Micro-match connector to crimp onto the IDC cable

- Installed Quartus prime programmer standard edition ...

- Got the updated Ant800XL.pof file from Simius

- Remove ROM jumper on Antonia.

- Verified full continuity of every pin on the JTAG connectors on the ends of the IDC cable to the micro-match connectors, all the way through each pin on the bottom of the antonia board as well, so the connection should be good...

Trying to do the firmware according to the steps in Nir's Youtube video:

... and I'm getting stuck at the "Auto Detect" part - it just hangs for a while before popping up "Unable to scan device chain". It does successfully detect the USB Blaster itself in the "Hardware Setup..." Button

Anyone else out there done this and can confirm my connections, process/parts?

- Is pin 1 of the IDC cable supposed to go to the top of the micro-match connector as pictured? (Same way as in Nir's video)

- I'm making sure the host 600XL is powered on and running when trying.

- Do I have a faulty USB Blaster? They're cheap enough from ebay china who knows if its actually any good...

- Should I try installing this on a different PC?

- Is it because the USB cable is connected through a hub?

Thanks for any help... Worst case if I can't figure this out, maybe I can send it to someone to attempt the process on a working configuration... :?

post-53052-0-09152100-1505081675_thumb.jpg

post-53052-0-29024600-1505081682_thumb.jpg

post-53052-0-92596400-1505081689_thumb.jpg

Is that ACT light supposed to be on all the time?

post-53052-0-24779200-1505081665_thumb.png

Edited by Nezgar