IGNORED

French Fries

I have quite the job ahead of me. I want to make a game like Oranges for the 2600, but I thought what could I do? The Atari 2600 only has two sprites. Then I thought about the missiles. So if I have Player 1, missile 1 and the ball all be french fries standing straight up, it would sort of work. How would I do a multisprite kernel-type thing in assembly? Anyway, before even I get that started, I have run into a problem. There are five black pixels at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. Why are they there? Is there a way to get rid of or mask them? I would have liked to use the golden arches logo, but I couldn't. I had to do this, even the animated show Beavis and Butthead used the golden arches logo flipped upside down. Oh well.

frenchfries1.bin

frenchfries1.asm

post-9475-0-25753900-1504653163.png

I need help with missiles. Specifically, in the code, where do I turn them on and off? I know how to turn them on and off but I don't know where in the code I should do that.

Missile 1 is going to be a French fry so I need to cut it down to size instead of having it take up the whole amount of space where the player can move. I want the missile1 to be 10 scanlines high, but I am clueless. Help me!

frenchfries2.asm

OK, now it's technically a game. After working for nine hours straight in vain, I went to sleep and woke up and started again. To start, press the fire button. The goal is to avoid the french fries for as long as possible. Run around the screen with the joystick. You can warp from the right side to the left and vice versa. Touching a french fry freezes you and ends the game. I had to do it this way because apparently there is no way to make missiles and the ball start at the left whenever you want them to. There is still work to be done, like adding sound.

frenchfries5.bin

Fun!

Simple yet addictive I played it for several mins even in this young state. :)

Keep it up, once it has sound and a few more polishing things it'll be even more addictive.

Though I keep wanting to go into the Burger World. ;) Maybe there can be an intermission.

Edited by Jinroh

Changed it so it doesn't allow warping. In order to achieve this, I had to make it fair, and avoid a point where all three french fries were not at the same x position. So if you see that, let me know along with pic of it happening, if you can. Also, wait a little while if they're all going left. The top french fry will sense this, and stop for a little bit. I also changed it so that the fries stop when you die so you can check out the collision. Upon pressing fire to start a new game, they should go to position 0 (far left)

frenchfries10.bin