IGNORED

ABBUC Software Competition 2017

freetz

:lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:
Just after I posted it I realised that showing high score in one's own game is similar to liking one's own posts on facebook :) It's holliday here in Poland today, spare time, and I just wanted to share my achievement.

• Like 1

:lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

Just after I posted it I realised that showing high score in one's own game is similar to liking one's own posts on facebook :) It's holliday here in Poland today, spare time, and I just wanted to share my achievement.

Nevermind, Citron 3kg is still superior to NAG :-D

• Like 1

Ah one more thing...

Compare Rescue on Fractalus instant gameplay (procedual generated) vs loading times of Eidolon and Koronis Rift...

Personally I think you guys put way to much concern into loading times. I would just as soon get all the loading done up-front for a 1MB game and get it all out of the way.I can wait. If I have no issue with waiting 20 min. for a tape game to load, I am totally willing to wait a couple minutes for a 1MB game to load! It's all relative anyway...modern games on modern consoles often take several minutes to load and no one complains...

• Like 4

For UK members the last two digits are the first number of the house and the first letter of the post code.

I'm trying to wait for the disks before trying them and still want to renew my subscription by paypalling someone at abbuc ;)

I might crack and look at the downloads, c'mon postie ;-)

@therealbountybob - When I joined ABBUC, I emailed wolfgang at ABBUC dot de. You need to confirm with him, but I believe that's the PayPal address as well.

Bob C

Thanks I checked with Wolfgang that this was still ok and I've renewed :thumbsup:

Hi all, just a comment about War Room...

In the rush up to the deadline Rob and I didn't have a chance to optimize and adjust it so that the PAL and NTSC performance/speed would be the same. As a result, in PAL the title music is much slower than intended and the game-play speed in PAL is also quite a bit slower and "less frantic" than the NTSC mode.

Since the deadline submission, we have finished an updated version that makes the PAL and NTSC execution the same ( the music speed, the game-play speed, etc.) and it also has a few other little enhancements thrown in as well.

After the ABBUC voting and contest is over, we will make the updated version available for download.

In the meantime (assuming you are an ABBUC member) check it out on NTSC if possible. That's how it is intended to work, and that's how the updated version (that will be available after the contest closes) works!

-Eric

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

OK I cracked and have had a look at the games though I did put them on a floppy disk! Now playing Bounty Hunter as it's getting late it's about the right time for a text adventure :) *

"New Atari Game" yes needs a proper name, could have some extra sound effects too e..g Jump and Landing noises.

"War Room" is like an Archon battle on ice!

"Bomb Square Duel" (only played 1 player so far) perhaps better if it switched back automatically after uncovering a bomb?

post-19705-0-63994400-1505410632.jpg

[edit] * was eaten by the guard dogs, don't have nightmares :-o

• Like 1

Some more feedback

Superfly XL - after reloading game started on last level (3) reached, can't press Start to play only fire - then have to press Start on the next go to play from level 1, but then it starts on level 3 again if you press fire on next go!

First level a bit long, third level too hard, warning siren for level up would be good.

Citron 3Kg - perhaps better if more intense sooner, balls fired from ship only? Got to 655 points. Could make fire/jump void the invincible restart time.

War Room - key to abort/return to menu (if you've picked the wrong settings!)

"New Atari Game - How many stages are there on "New Atari Game"? Are there more game features after level 9? Perhaps add a save to disk / resume option :ponder: Might be small bug where not all the time bonses is added (was on lv7)? So far I've reached lv9 from the start 44,042. Could make him fall off sides / have gaps to jump over on later levels...

:)

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

Some more feedback

Superfly XL - after reloading game started on last level (3) reached, can't press Start to play only fire - then have to press Start on the next go to play from level 1, but then it starts on level 3 again if you press fire on next go!

First level a bit long, third level too hard, warning siren for level up would be good.

Citron 3Kg - perhaps better if more intense sooner, balls fired from ship only? Got to 655 points. Could make fire/jump void the invincible restart time.

War Room - key to abort/return to menu (if you've picked the wrong settings!)

"New Atari Game - How many stages are there on "New Atari Game"? Are there more game features after level 9? Perhaps add a save to disk / resume option :ponder: Might be small bug where not all the time bonses is added (was on lv7)? So far I've reached lv9 from the start 44,042. Could make him fall off sides / have gaps to jump over on later levels...

Good suggestion for War Room, will get that included in the post-voting update release.

• Like 1

Some more feedback

There are 14 le3vels in the game. After level 9 there is quite easy level 10, speaking of adding time bonus- the last second and the last extra star seem to not be added, but they are in fact, just a little bug in counting bonuses. Nice score! Thanks for your feedback, I'll think of improving game then.

• Like 2

There are 14 le3vels in the game. After level 9 there is quite easy level 10, speaking of adding time bonus- the last second and the last extra star seem to not be added, but they are in fact, just a little bug in counting bonuses. Nice score! Thanks for your feedback, I'll think of improving game then.

I'd suggest players start from the first level each time as this leaves some challenge to the game ;)

50,704 - level 10 (from the start!) Level 10 is more skillful, you could make it harder sooner also or have 20 levels.

Probably a ton of work (yes it is) but if you could have the course turn and scroll the other diagonal too that would be neat.

I think this is the winner this year :thumbsup: but my picks rarely win :-o :-D

Bounty Hunter ok Eric I got past the dogs several times, tried imprisoning and attacking but can't crack that screen where I have the dogs with me and there are guards cryptic clue needed (type it backwards so it's not a spoiler!!) ;)

Anyone got their abbuc disks yet?

• Like 1

It's already way past 1 September, but as I returned only now from a business trip, I'd like to remind everybody that voting is now open, so if you've played all the games enough to make an informed decision, go to http://asc.abbuc.deand vote for the submissions! But take note that you can only vote once, and once your vote is cast, there is no way to change it (as in every election, duh! ;) ).

Enjoy,

F.

• Like 2

trbb: I'm open for any suggestions, I'll gather them up and think what I can improve.
One more note about NAG. There's no music on NTSC machines during the gameplay, because there was no more free cycles in one frame (game runs at 60 Hz), but suprisingly when I added the music the game didn't crash on emulator, so there's a chance to add music in the final release, just need to ask Voy to test it on real 1200 XL.

• Like 1

Some more feedback

Thanks for your feedback.

First there was only one level (level 2) but several of my betatesters complained that level 2 was too hard (while for me level 2 was too easy). So as I already had to implement different difficulties I decided to do three difficulty levels. One disadvantage of level 3 is that it is nearly unplayable on any emulator I found (including Altirra, ATARI++, ATARI800, ATARI800Win Plus and ATARI800MacX). Seems that there is a small input delay for the trigger button on each emulator.

Warning siren is a great idea, btw.

Apart from that Superfly XL can be further improved in different other ways as well. Let's see, what the future brings (NTSC anyone?) ;) but don't hesitate to suggest more improvements!

Edited by patjomki
  • Like 1

I completed Bounty Hunter, thanks guys. I died a few more times and really should play it 1 more time as I didn't do something that would almost certainly kill me too!

When are we getting the next in the series "The Bounty Hunter vs The Pharaoh" or was it the Bountr Hunter?!; young Eric was so concentrating on spelling Pharaoh correctly ;)

Enjoyable game thank you, now I must have another go at finishing Zork :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bomb Square Duel - you've left attract mode active - not even cleared on new go ;)

I never did get on with this type of game - is it a case of guessing sometimes or should there always be a logical way to do every board without any risk?

N.A.G. - I forgot to say I think I had the guy off the right edge near the end of one of the runs!

post-19705-0-32052900-1506116922.jpg

66,222 ;)

• Like 1