IGNORED

Oregon Trail for Intellivision

nanochess

This video has black background for most screens. Is black now the default?

Because his first gameplay video showed the blue background, and also because the black looks great, I chose to use black in the promo video.

Black is one of two options, but blue is the default. Nanochess has made it incredibly easy to pick the background color before starting the game.

Edited by mthompson
  • Like 1

Because his first gameplay video showed the blue background, and also because the black looks great, I chose to use black in the promo video.

Black is one of two options, but blue is the default. Nanochess has made it incredibly easy to pick the background color before starting the game.

Black does look the best. I bet more people would buy if black was the default. Keeping blue as default is just silly at this point.

Oscar, how about it?

Black does look the best. I bet more people would buy if black was the default. Keeping blue as default is just silly at this point.

Oscar, how about it?

If someone doesn't buy Oregon Bound because the background defaults to blue and they can't handle pressing one keypad button at the title screen to change it to black, then they have other issues.

There are also people that like blue as the background...

• Like 2

If someone doesn't buy Oregon Bound because the background defaults to blue and they can't handle pressing one keypad button at the title screen to change it to black, then they have other issues.

There are also people that like blue as the background...

People only like blue if they collect vs. play the game. Having black as option is good. I can say I would not buy if black was not an option. Glad to hear its a single button press.

People only like blue if they collect vs. play the game. Having black as option is good. I can say I would not buy if black was not an option. Glad to hear its a single button press.

You are over-generalizing and lack the survey sample size data to say "people" only like blue if they collect.

I'm a people, I also extensively tested the game and assisted with writing parts of it, I can assure you that I like the blue, (even on a real crt) as do several others. It was recognized that some people don't like blue, therefore black is an option. White was veteod despite Rev's snow request.

• Like 1