IGNORED

Guess my icon. Win a prize.

Rev

We have a winner.

Did you recognize the box or what

I thought about the clues given and thought about those Atari ads as well as 80's Sierra boxart. Ironically, I also was on AtariProtos the other day and read about Jawbreaker. I hope the prize isn't a picture of an obese woman I've seen on another thread.

post-18158-0-00100200-1505357875.jpg

I thought about the clues given and thought about those Atari ads as well as 80's Sierra boxart. Ironically, I also was on AtariProtos the other day and read about Jawbreaker. I hope the prize isn't a picture of an obese woman I've seen on another thread.

attachicon.gifobese_woman.jpg

Interesting how you got it.

I'll pm you on prize.

P.s.

Where did you get that pic of Cmart's mom????

There is a small boat on one of the cardboard boxes on the cover. I wonder if it represents the same kind of PimPim candy that I linked to, i.e. raspberry jelly boats sold internationally. I have never considered if that is a typical Swedish kind of candy or not, but as the illustration on the Jawbreaker cover and the illustration on the actual candy package are quite similar, it makes me want to investigate the relationship.

• Like 1

There is a small boat on one of the cardboard boxes on the cover. I wonder if it represents the same kind of PimPim candy that I linked to, i.e. raspberry jelly boats sold internationally. I have never considered if that is a typical Swedish kind of candy or not, but as the illustration on the Jawbreaker cover and the illustration on the actual candy package are quite similar, it makes me want to investigate the relationship.

post-61233-0-87197900-1505421982.jpg

Yup. Those were first manufactured in 1928, I learned but I haven't found any evidence they're internationally known possibly outside of IKEA stores. Then again I don't know the story behind Jawbreaker, if the programmer John Harris or anyone who designed the box had any relation to that particular candy, or some other kind of candy marketed with small sail boats.