IGNORED

Season 6 -- BRONZE Medal Bracket

S.BAZ

Quadrun - 2800

I was a little bit late to the game (pun intended) this week due to work and other stuff. Today was the first time I have ever played this game. It's a counterintuitive and strange game. However, it's not another variation of first-person shooter like so many modern games - so I commend the programmers of this any many other old Atari games for their creativity!

post-47498-0-00219500-1506210309_thumb.jpeg

I'm beaten. Tried one or two more times, but couldn't come up with a significantly higher score than what I already posted. Well played, Mr VCS, and good luck in the upcoming matches.

At least I got a little more appreciation for the game, which I previously found rather dumb. There's more to it than meets the eye, and I'd love to have more time to develop better strategies.

• Like 2

post-29041-0-63468200-1506299310.png

We almost made Bracket challenge Atari HSC history, if not for my extra man. I could of done it anyway but that would of taken the spirit of competition away. I was close on my 42,600 score too as inches away from the tying heart

Note I just scored this I didn't sit on it

Edited by classicgamer_27330

Popeye 42900

If you like Popeye so much Olive, why do you throw the dang pick ups randomly. You don't like either of those men Olive! YOU JUST LIKE THE ATTENTION!YOU'RE WORSE THAN ARCHIE!

Why is stage 1 the hardest and stage 3 the easiest. It takes video game logic and just defenstrates it

Edited by classicgamer_27330

Why is stage 1 the hardest and stage 3 the easiest. It takes video game logic and just defenstrates it

I'm not sure if stage 2 is easier than stage 1 but stage 3 is definitely the easiest. I don't know if the arcade was like that but the limited resolution of the vcs might have forced a slightly different layput that broke the balance.

Also, in the spirit of fairness, I'm informing you that until I post again I'll be playing. If I give up before time runs out I'll tell you, but right now my plan is playing til time runs out. We're just too close for me to give up without a fight.

Edited by RaccoonyDave

attachicon.gifPopeye (1983) (Parker Bros)_9.png

We almost made Bracket challenge Atari HSC history, if not for my extra man.

We're not tied but we're very closely matched. I hope you're still playing because we might end up making history if we beat each other a few times in the next 2hours. I'm going to keep playing, and updating this post with each score attemps

Edit:ongoing scores

9:47pm 14500

10pm 46050 finally made it to the 2level of the second cycle

10:12pm 37050

10:22pm 42000

post-52810-0-07660800-1506303648_thumb.jpg

post-52810-0-40209700-1506304919_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaccoonyDave

I need an hour break from this, I might even concede I'm making stupid mistakes and it doesn't help that the game is cheating (it really isn't but you know just shifting the blame, doesn't help that I have to use a keyboard)

Fair enough, I get it, there is quite a few 400pts reset I didn't record.

I'll stop playing, I'm pretty sure I'll end up in crazy land before I beat my score. 46050 is officially my last submission, if you beat it you can go to sleep. In any cases, we both improved our scores quite a bit and it was an honour to play Popeye against.

I, RaccoonyDave, swear on the Popeye warrior code that I will not submit another score. If do, I'll be known as a hairy honorless Brutus and shame will befall my kin. Toot toot!

Tooth Protectors - 81,600

I'm glad I didn't draw Dragster. I think me and RaccoonyDave are gonna have a fun week. :)

Compared to dragster, everything is fun. Still, tooth protecter is more than decent.

By the way, congrats on almost doubling your score from the season. Seems like this could get serious... I better start playing now.

Edit:

First score submission 169000

post-52810-0-43678300-1506394089_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaccoonyDave
  • Like 2

Compared to dragster, everything is fun. Still, tooth protecter is more than decent.

By the way, congrats on almost doubling your score from the season. Seems like this could get serious... I better start playing now.

Edit:

First score submission 169000

Tooth Protectors - 110.100

Already having to try and keep up with your bar raising shenanigans ... :) :-D

post-26187-0-97996700-1506399368.png

• Like 1