IGNORED

FIG FORTH disk

atrax27407

Thanks to Lee Stewart, I now have a working copy of Weiand FORTH (AKA Fig FORTH). The solution was to archive the files and imbed them in a .dsk file created with TI Image Maker. I still have no idea what the problem was in getting the files downloaded but everything un-arched just fine. On the outside chance that it was something in TI99Dir (corrupted bytes?), I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the program as well as a fresh copy of PC-TRANSFER on my TI system..

In reading the German manual for Weind FORTH, I found the features (not the structure) to be strikingly similar to Wycove FORTH that was introduced a year earlier. Interesting, indeed!!

• Like 2

Thanks to Lee Stewart, I now have a working copy of Weiand FORTH (AKA Fig FORTH). The solution was to archive the files and imbed them in a .dsk file created with TI Image Maker. I still have no idea what the problem was in getting the files downloaded but everything un-arched just fine. On the outside chance that it was something in TI99Dir (corrupted bytes?), I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the program as well as a fresh copy of PC-TRANSFER on my TI system..

In reading the German manual for Weind FORTH, I found the features (not the structure) to be strikingly similar to Wycove FORTH that was introduced a year earlier. Interesting, indeed!!

Thanks for the mention.

With all the similar utility names floating around, we all make typos that probably confuse newbies, so I feel compelled in correcting the typo in the above posts. “TI Image Maker” should be “TIImageTool”.

...lee