IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

None of the stuff in my download section applies to versions of PRO newer than 2.1a, so if this logon module is for a newer version, there won't be anything there for it. LOGON.DAT doesn't exist anywhere on my system.

BTW, what Pro version is this for?

Edited by bf2k+

None of the stuff in my download section applies to versions of PRO newer than 2.1a, so if this logon module is for a newer version, there won't be anything there for it. LOGON.DAT doesn't exist anywhere on my system.

BTW, what Pro version is this for?

I've seen similar utilities for Pro! version 2.1a and earlier. That's why I suggested he take a look on your BBS.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

Great list! Thanks for compiling this. Is there a standard location or repository where this list will be maintained at? Or will we just have to find it in this message thread?

-JP

New list looks good. I know there are documents online that can be modified that we can give access to those in this thread to.

Updating my own BBS list at this point as I tend to get really into this in the fall time of year.

---------------

Here is a link to the online Atari BBS List. Let me know if you can edit it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ANRensH4REdqIo9dr-r5Zhp4L2bHG9LE8N4HoSMX3w/edit

Edited by doctorclu

Alright, combined the list of Atari BBSs that Tillek made along with the BBS list I made back in January of this year, then found some illustrations to replace the ASCII art to get us started. Functional so far. We need to flesh out the list and verify all the working BBSs so still a lot for everyone to do. ;)

Atari BBS List Online

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ANRensH4REdqIo9dr-r5Zhp4L2bHG9LE8N4HoSMX3w/edit

• Like 1

Alright, combined the list of Atari BBSs that Tillek made along with the BBS list I made back in January of this year, then found some illustrations to replace the ASCII art to get us started. Functional so far. We need to flesh out the list and verify all the working BBSs so still a lot for everyone to do. ;)

Atari BBS List Online

I successfully called every BBS on the list I had with the exception of Toxic Nipple today. I'll reach out to that SysOp and see if there is an issue or if he took it down. Jacoby tends to down all his BBSs when he is planning to be away from home for an extended amount of time (doesn't trust the old equipment).

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the file upload system in Pro! says pirate copy detected? I *AM* running a legit copy. Could it be mixed versions of CMD files troubling me again?

Steve, Lance: Any ideas?

That sounds like a good guess to me.

OK, looking for a hand with this. I am on Starfleet HQ BBs, trying to download the latest ICET that is an attachment in the msg system.

I have used every protocol offered.. and I get stuck each time. See the picture.

Ideas?

Possible modem handshaking issue, dropped bytes would be my guess.

Does anyone know why the file upload system in Pro! says pirate copy detected? I *AM* running a legit copy. Could it be mixed versions of CMD files troubling me again?

Steve, Lance: Any ideas?

Quoting myself again cause it's too late to use edit...

I just typed VERSION XMODEM.CMD, ind it said 4.0b (as it should).

Why isn't there any official support for this? If there is no support, then it should be considered Abandonware, and all the hackers should have a go at it!

• Like 1

Quoting myself again cause it's too late to use edit...

I just typed VERSION XMODEM.CMD, ind it said 4.0b (as it should).

Why isn't there any official support for this? If there is no support, then it should be considered Abandonware, and all the hackers should have a go at it!

Are you sure the "pirated copy detected" message is coming from the XMODEM.CMD module?

Isn't there a command module (e.g., browse.cmd) that gets invoked when a user selects 'b' to browse files? What version is that? I was under the impression that your browse module might be a third party module. Maybe that module is not invoking the XMODEM.CMD module correctly? If the browse.cmd module is a third party module, maybe you can go back to the standard browse.cmd module.

Update: I copied x*.cmd and y*.cmd from the master disk to d3:>pro>commands>a and the pirate message is gone.

I still had errors transferring. It may be UDS-10 settings, or something about Hyper Term.

Try it out.

I successfully uploaded a file on your BBS using Y-modem, but then received the following message after I tried saving the file description:

[3] Edit: Save

Unable to save description!

Total file(s) Uploaded =1

Total file Descriptions entered =1

Total file(s) aborted =0

Total file description(s) aborted =0

Looks like the file description did not save. Also for what it's worth, I tried uploading a file to both file sections and in both cases I received the above "Unable to save description" message.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

Thanks. I'll look into it. The little docs I have seem rather vague in that area. Or possibly, I am just an HD floppy in a DD drive. :)

Edit: I see you're on the BBS again.

Do anything you can think of and report any unusual results.

Thanks.

Edit: It looks like it's working! I did (in SDX) ARC X the ARCs you sent, and no CRC errors. :)

Edited by Kyle22

Thanks. I'll look into it. The little docs I have seem rather vague in that area. Or possibly, I am just an HD floppy in a DD drive. :)

Edit: I see you're on the BBS again.

Do anything you can think of and report any unusual results.

Thanks.

Edit: It looks like it's working! I did (in SDX) ARC X the ARCs you sent, and no CRC errors. :)

Cool! Did you figure out why I couldn't save the file descriptions?

Hey guys, I would really love to be pure 8-bit, but whoever posted the ICET2.8A7 on one of the boards in the msg system .. could you put it up here or something?

I have tried every protocol to download it, and nothing works. I have downloaded other files from Express.. or Carina.. so I assume it has something to do with it being in the msg system as an attachment.. OR the file itself is bad.

I have not seen IceT 2.8 anything.. at all.. 2.76 is the last version I have found.. so if its legit.. can we get it posted here?

James

Hey guys, I would really love to be pure 8-bit, but whoever posted the ICET2.8A7 on one of the boards in the msg system .. could you put it up here or something?

I have tried every protocol to download it, and nothing works. I have downloaded other files from Express.. or Carina.. so I assume it has something to do with it being in the msg system as an attachment.. OR the file itself is bad.

I have not seen IceT 2.8 anything.. at all.. 2.76 is the last version I have found.. so if its legit.. can we get it posted here?

James

Here's the latest I have.

icet2807.xex

• Like 1

I have added the "Indian Idiots" message base on my BBS for the discussion of rude Indians (such as my employer).

telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net

Ah... ok... at first glance... I thought this was going to be a Pittsburgh/Cleveland thing... but you're talking about different "Indians"... So we're good.

Because if you were talking about the Cleveland Indians, I'd have had to invoke the 'Too soon' clause.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...