IGNORED

T.r.a.s.h. WIP

WizardBone

Yep. I'm an idiot. Checking out the new stuff now. Loving what I see.

hahaha nah, i'd do the same thing probably. It sent me into a bit of panic mode, at first I was like, damn most of those are things I thought were fixed. Then I seen you ask about entering buildings and knew the issue. The game still has things to be worked out, but it's a lil more fair now? I think so anyway. I kind of see it as, if you go LEFT you are risking getting killed instant (not cool) bur going right gives you a second to prepare. (kinda like hard and easy mode, only problem going left "hard mode" really is not fair at all :P )

Thank for playing mate!

Edited by WizardBone

• 5 weeks later...

Played it towards the end of my live stream here. This game has a lot of potential!

That was a great video Gregory DG! so cool you included my demo in your video, made my night!

Now I wanna play Draconian, how did I miss that game on here? loll

After watching your video, I realize most people do not turn on Phosphor in Stella, the jitter will stop during gameplay and also during videos if recorded. Perhaps I should state this at the very beginning of the topic hmmm.

Edited by WizardBone
  • Like 1

it's the best game I have played in this year 2017. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it may be missing a music during the game, halloween type vcs.

the game deserves to be in physical suport.

:grin: that is such a nice and cool thing to say! Makes me happy someone out in the world thinks that lol

Yeah music would be cool in the background, as of right now the game is 16k, and there isn't any space left to add music during gameplay. BUT, if I decide to bump it up to 32 (really not sure) I will try to add music during game play.

I'd like to have it on physical cart, but it makes me anxious, because I haven't even tested anything on real hardware yet.Still not sure what to do there, might have to cough up some money to buy everything I need for testing ahah. (money is tighttttt, TMI )

The score is blocked at 9990 points. ( put the lives out of the score)

Because in that case it's impossible to get the items.

Thanks.

Indeed, the score does stop at 9990 points, The issue was, the score can be broken down into 3 sections (2 numbers each) so the lives had to take up the last two number values : / BUT once again, If I bump it up to 32k, I can add "LIFE blocks" up in the corner maybe? There is literally no wiggle room that I can see for me to reprogram anything unless I make it 32k. The struggle is real haha.

The idea was, once you collect 9000 points/garbage, it means the streets are cleaned up enough, now it's time to find Dr. Junkhead and destroy him.

SO, are you saying, I should remove "lives" because you wanna keep collecting items after the score reaches 9990?"

I assumed people would be bored by that point honestly lollll

That was a lengthy reply, sorry haha, Thanks for suggestions! If I decide to make it 32k I will consider the background music and relocating the lives for sure :) Be sure to write anytime, I love have suggestions in the back of my head. Really helps.

• Like 1

I'd like to have it on physical cart, but it makes me anxious, because I haven't even tested anything on real hardware yet.Still not sure what to do there, might have to cough up some money to buy everything I need for testing ahah. (money is tighttttt, TMI )

I have tested your game on real hardware and it works well. :thumbsup:

Haven't you got an atari 2600 and Harmony card ?

Yeah music would be cool in the background, as of right now the game is 16k, and there isn't any space left to add music during gameplay. BUT, if I decide to bump it up to 32 (really not sure) I will try to add music during game play.

It would be great if you bump it up to 32.

The idea was, once you collect 9000 points/garbage, it means the streets are cleaned up enough, now it's time to find Dr. Junkhead and destroy him.

After fighting the boss, the game is finished or is it possible to continue ?

SO, are you saying, I should remove "lives" because you wanna keep collecting items after the score reaches 9990?"

Yes i want. :)

• Like 1

Haven't you got an atari 2600 and Harmony card ?

After fighting the boss, the game is finished or is it possible to continue ?

Nope I haven't owned an Atari since I was a kid. lol Needs one again and this time with a harmony cart.

Yea there is only one boss, then the game is finished. I'm surprised I was able to fit in a boss at all considering how small the rom is. There has been lots of "sacrifice" for me during development. Can't have it all I have learned :P

Sometimes outside when "davy" go to right until a new screen and meet "rude tube" : my TV screen jumps a few times.

Haha this is exactly why it makes me anxious, things like that exist on real hardware, but not when I use stella.

• Like 1

That was a great video Gregory DG! so cool you included my demo in your video, made my night!

Now I wanna play Draconian, how did I miss that game on here? loll

After watching your video, I realize most people do not turn on Phosphor in Stella, the jitter will stop during gameplay and also during videos if recorded. Perhaps I should state this at the very beginning of the topic hmmm.

Glad I could give some (a tiny bit of) attention to it! The game is shaping up to be awesome!

Pretty sure I had the phospher turned on for Draconian earlier. Maybe it's on a game-by-game basis? Not sure.

• Like 1

Glad I could give some (a tiny bit of) attention to it! The game is shaping up to be awesome!

Pretty sure I had the phospher turned on for Draconian earlier. Maybe it's on a game-by-game basis? Not sure.

Yea it's game by game, I think you gotta do it for each rom BUT doesn't matter, it's cool you put it up for your subscribers to see :)