IGNORED

The Official JUMPKING JUNIOR thread - IntellivisionRevolution

Rev

ColecoVision Jumpman Junior is complete, 12 levels, just like the C64 and Atari 8bit. It is akin to the C64 port, the Atari 8bit version of Jumpman Junior had slight variations on level two, Electrocution vs. Fire! Fire!, level three, dumbwaiter vs. sreddal, level six has different walls obstacles.

Jumpman has thirty levels. The levels between Jumpman and Jumpman Junior are mutually exclusive.

Looking forward to this port!

ColecoVision Jumpman Junior is complete, 12 levels, just like the C64 and Atari 8bit. It is akin to the C64 port, the Atari 8bit version of Jumpman Junior had slight variations on level two, Electrocution vs. Fire! Fire!, level three, dumbwaiter vs. sreddal, level six has different walls obstacles.

Jumpman has thirty levels. The levels between Jumpman and Jumpman Junior are mutually exclusive.

Looking forward to this port!

This version has the CV levels, and some planned new ones.

• Like 1

One thing that makes playability stink on ice is if Jumpman doesn't climb through the green girders. Like, when you are climbing a ladder you can move L/R through the green girders as soon as Jumpman's hands reaches about halfway up the girder. Or jumping L/R from a ladder, same thing, Jumpdude climbs through the girder if he . The recent Steam Jumpboy is terrible partially due to the lack of this ability. The Amiga version and I recall TI99 JunkMan fails at this too.

• Like 1

One thing that makes playability stink on ice is if Jumpman doesn't climb through the green girders. Like, when you are climbing a ladder you can move L/R through the green girders as soon as Jumpman's hands reaches about halfway up the girder. Or jumping L/R from a ladder, same thing, Jumpdude climbs through the girder if he . The recent Steam Jumpboy is terrible partially due to the lack of this ability. The Amiga version and I recall TI99 JunkMan fails at this too.

I agree.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I love Jumpman / Jumpman Jr., so I am completely on board with this.

...however...I noticed a couple of things in the gif that I wish hadn't deviated from the Atari 8 bit version:

- the "roll" to the bottom when dying seems different--appears to take a different path with more detours

- and more importantly to me: he doesn't even take out that gem/stone/whatever rolling past it when dying. I can't count how many levels I beat picking up the last one that way.

• Like 1

I love Jumpman / Jumpman Jr., so I am completely on board with this.

...however...I noticed a couple of things in the gif that I wish hadn't deviated from the Atari 8 bit version:

- the "roll" to the bottom when dying seems different--appears to take a different path with more detours

- and more importantly to me: he doesn't even take out that gem/stone/whatever rolling past it when dying. I can't count how many levels I beat picking up the last one that way.

Thanks for the notes.

We will look into it, but also remember as with a lot of ports, there may be platform differences.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Good Job.

Can wait!

Could you make the part were the points are added at the end of the level a little faster? (lives left X points)

And maybe add a condition that if you have let say more than 10 extra men to just add the points without having to go through them all. (I'm really good at this game :) )

• Like 2