IGNORED

ABBUC Software Competition 2017

freetz

yes,the rules state that game can be published after the meeting, as the meeting is over,here's our entry. DISCLAIMER: NTSC version will have music added during the gameplay, I just have to test it on real ntsc machine. Have fun!

http://parafie.filonet.eu/misc/nag.xex

I've been playing it on a real NTSC 800XL and NTSC 1200XL since it was available for download to ABBUC members in August. N.A.G. works great on NTSC and it is a lot of fun.

Congratulations gorgh!

-Eric

Edited by erichenneke
  • Like 1

I've been playing it on a real NTSC 800XL and NTSC 1200XL since it was available for download to ABBUC members in August. N.A.G. works great on NTSC and it is a lot of fun.

Congratulations gorgh!

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Will you publish War Room for the public?

- Y -

• Like 1

Hi all, here is "The Bounty Hunter" ATR file.

I had originally coded this adventure around 1982-84 "back in the day" on my trusty Atari 800 tank.

I never "released it", but when I re-discovered it recently in my old floppy disks I thought it would be great to get it out to all the Atari 8-bit fans, so I entered it into the ABBUC contest.

Well, here it is. If you've had any hunger for a "new" adventure game, here you go.

Hope you enjoy it. It is pretty self explanatory.

Note that it requires Atari BASIC enabled or cartridge present.

-Eric

Bounty1.ATR

• Like 1

Hi all, here is "The Bounty Hunter" ATR file.

I had originally coded this adventure around 1982-84 "back in the day" on my trusty Atari 800 tank.

I never "released it", but when I re-discovered it recently in my old floppy disks I thought it would be great to get it out to all the Atari 8-bit fans, so I entered it into the ABBUC contest.

Well, here it is. If you've had any hunger for a "new" adventure game, here you go.

Hope you enjoy it. It is pretty self explanatory.

Note that it requires Atari BASIC enabled or cartridge present.

-Eric

attachicon.gifBounty1.ATR

I just realized there is a minor formatting (cosmetic only) issue on the command list screen if you are using Atari Basic Rev A.

So before too many of you download that previous version I posted earlier, please download THIS ONE instead.

The only difference is that this version accommodates ALL revisions of Atari Basic including Revision A.

So this is the official release of "The Bounty Hunter"...

Bounty1.ATR

-Eric

Edited by erichenneke
  • Like 5

Congratulations to "New Atari Game" I am glad it won and suprised it was so close. Now get that name fixed :-D For me NAG has more long term playability than the others. Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter, hopefully next year I will have an entry ready ;)

• Like 4

yes,the rules state that game can be published after the meeting, as the meeting is over,here's our entry. DISCLAIMER: NTSC version will have music added during the gameplay, I just have to test it on real ntsc machine. Have fun!

http://parafie.filonet.eu/misc/nag.xex

Gorgh,

I assume you have an NTSC machine. Otherwise, I would be happy to test the NTSC music version on my XEGS.

Bob C

Thank you Bob, but my friend from Poland owns one and helped me before.thanks again.
edit:
Until the end of the year there should be improved version released, with different surroundings and new levels.

Edited by gorgh
  • Like 6

Citron 3d: very enjoyable game! I had fun during playing, IMHO should have been ranked higher!
Warroom: Nicely executed game! It's probably very playable when played in 2 players mode, I suck at gaming, so I constantly loose with the cpu :) Probably too hard for me.
Superfly XL: nice playability, too bad the level 3 is so hard, but the previous two are fun!
---
I can now announce that I will make a game for the next Abbuc contest, it will be most likely a modified arkanoid mixed with pinball.

Edited by gorgh
  • Like 4

I recommend playing Superfly XL (lite) on a real (pal) atari. I achieved more than 3000 points on real hardware while on emulators I could only get a little bit more than 1400 points. ;-)

That has to do with your "PC" . The emulation takes time, the graphics card takes time, the display takes time...

All, that is projected to your PC monitor isn't "realtime" . Depending on the used system, you have 2-5 fps latency, where on a direct "bit to analog display" is a microsecond offset latency, making the game more playable.

As the "market" which means the buying people , don't care about that, it will not be changed.

yeah emu's and flat panel combined with joystick adapters are a lag fest.... er em laugh fest... I just can's do it...

even on native pc first person shooters I had to make the monitor go as fast as it could in its direct or gaming mode... that lost graphic smothing which was fine by me, and then we cranked the refresh on the graphics card as high as we could and turned off anything putting a hit on fps, and finally cranked the usb mouse polling up as high as it could bear it.. overclocked whatever we could... and finally we got something that resembled a real time experience... maybe that's why I just stick with real Atari Hardware...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...