IGNORED

The Ugliest Looking Game System Ever!

No one ever confused the XEGS for being as cool as Miami Vice (if there ever even was such a thing). That stupid "Happy Easter" color scheme on the buttons was ridiculous even at the time of release.

It gets my vote. Sure they took a risk with the buttons. Maybe they should be rewarded for that? Nah . . .

You're free to feel that way. I, personally, like pastels. How many other consoles used pastels, even in the 80s? The console was doomed anyway. At least it went down in a blaze of pastels.

8aee06a97e2a5de1df0f727e8d775800--school

• Like 1

I'll also nominate the ViewMaster Interactive Vision. This thing isn't just an eyesore, it's an abomination. It's so ugly, Perseus could have defeated the Kraken with it!

Wow... I don't think I've ever seen a system where I genuinely didn't know how it should be played before... how does that thing even work?

Wow... I don't think I've ever seen a system where I genuinely didn't know how it should be played before... how does that thing even work?

Yeesh no doubt I feel about the same. Looks like some 80s style future car gas pedal attached to a play toy with a cone to direct it. Damn that thing is awful.

I'll also nominate the ViewMaster Interactive Vision. This thing isn't just an eyesore, it's an abomination. It's so ugly, Perseus could have defeated the Kraken with it!

attachicon.gif800px-ViewMaster-Interactive-Vision-wController-R.jpg

To be fair, it's the only game system that looks like it could be a level from Marble Madness.

• Like 5

Either of these for me hit all the ugly buttons.

Hyperscan - looks like 1 player battleship which is also just not fun.

Sega Pico - yeah I know its for kids but Its ugly.

V-tech Vsmile with the controllers that look like feet.

I don't even want to post pictures they are that damned ugly...to me anyhow.

If I recall correctly, the ViewMaster Interactive Vision is based on VHS tapes, similar to the ActionMax but perhaps more child oriented games. I think it's got character rather than being ugly, but I suppose it depends on what one looks for in a video game. I've never tried one, but I suppose you hold the controller in one hand handling three of the buttons and handle the stick and the other two buttons with the other hand. Then again I don't think the games are that action packed that you need access to all five buttons at once.

Lol it looks like a Sega Bass Fishing controller for Dreamcast.

It looks like something aliens would use to probe anuses.

Or maybe like a NeoGeo CD controller had a stroke.

Edited by BassGuitari

I was going to mention the "Pink Lady" Super Cassette Vision. Thank you, CatPix. That package looks like it has a picture of Princess Peach on it!

Oddly, I like the looks of that ViewMaster thing. Sure it's weird, but it's a cool sort of 90's post-modern toy sort of weird.

Edited by pacman000

I find the Super Grafx to be very ugly. It all seems very unnecessary and I'm not sure what they were going for. It looks like if there was a fictional future game console in an 80s sci-fi movie, and this is the plastic toy version of it.

NES was kinda ugly. Not off-putting, just dull. Master System II looks crappy to me, but I kinda like the original master system. Both SNES models look fine to me, as do the genesis models. Turbografx 16 is pretty uninteresting. Anything that looks like a VCR, like the CDI or 3DO, is so boring to me that I would rate the Super Grafx over them just because it's at least interesting. N64 is one of the few consoles that I think looks better with color or a clear case. Its unique shape demands color. I'd take the clear green xbox over the black brick too, but it's pretty ugly either way.

post-48340-0-50674900-1509994889_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 1

I was going to mention the "Pink Lady" Super Cassette Vision. Thank you, CatPix. That package looks like it has a picture of Princess Peach on it!

It actually is Milky Princess and it is virtually unplayable unless you know Japanese. Then again I suppose the majority of girls in Japan are supposed to learn Japanese so it would not be an issue once they get to learn the written language.