IGNORED

HSC Season 9 - Game 1 - Star Strike

Ignorama

Here we go, new season. We play Star Strike. Please read the following rules:

1. The challenge mode is mode 6. You choose mode 6 by pressing the 5 on the controller in the title screen. Other modes are invalid for participating.

2. You must verify your score with a screenshot. As far as I tested it, the highscore-screen doesnt disappear, so you have time to take a quick shot.

3. You can submit as many new scores as you wish. In fact it makes the competition more interessting if people don't wait til they reached their limit.

When the rounds ends, the scoring will be:

1st - 10 Points

2nd - 6 Points

3rd - 4 Points

4th - 3 Points

5th - 2 Points

All the others: 1 Point for participating

This season will have exactly 10 rounds and no multiple-score games. If you have any questions feel free to ask here. You can submit your score until 26th of November 11.59 P.M. CENTRAL EUROPE TIME!

Stantings:

1. Ignorama - 5.050

2. Crade - 1.400

3. m-crew - 1.250

4. Intymike - 1.200

5. Robin Hudson - 1.100

6. darthkur - 1.000

6. Gernot - 1.000

8. Mister-VCS - 450

9. Alpha-Male - 350

10. scalpel - 250

11. jblenkle - 50

Edited by Ignorama

I doubt it. Its a RNG game. In theory I could go infinite with my strategy easily, in fact RNG comes to a point when it says "no". Sometimes even before the first ground-target, but maybe also sometimes at a much further stage. For that reason I can not even guess what the final score will be, maybe really crazy stuff will happen. But it doesnt change anything about the fact that I am really not a fan of this game. Its not hard for the right reasons.

Edit: But don't get me wrong. If guys outclass me I wont put it all on RNG like a coward. Its a part of this game, but its not everything and at the end the victory will definitely not just be by luck. I remember Ice Trek when I won just because cpartsleys whole bridge, including the plattform he would spawn onto, broke away. So he was instantly dead with many worthless lives left. So it was bad luck for him back then, but it still was a good score of my own and so it was a hard and fun competition, even if its a bit sad that it was decided by luck.

Edited by Ignorama

Random Number Generator, so the randomizer of the game.

Examples: You may already noticed that sometimes both enemies attack you quickly and sometimes just one attacks you, while the other on do not even bother for a while. That is terrible, because if both attack you at the same time, both pass you at the same time and you have breathing room to fly down and aim the ground target. But if one attacks you later he will later pass you and so you have less time to go in the right position. This disadvantage stacks, because the next enemies just appear a certain time after the old ones left the screen. If you get rid them very quick the new ones start attacking you while the screen is shacking from the bomb. If the second one doesnt attack it delays the whole process and so you will come in the situation were you need to hit the bomb at the ground while both enemies are shooting at you. In that position it needs a lot of luck to get out of.

So far I havent found any way to manipulate the AI of the enemies and so I have no idea how to trigger both enemies attacking me as soon as possible. May I will find it, may not, may its not even possible, I dont know :lol:

Another huge RNG part is the damage you get by beeing hit. Every hit destroys one of your ships functions, but it has no order and so its random which part of your ship is destroyed. Most parts are useless (at least for me, but probably not for every playstyle, I will explain that after the challenge), some are very handy and some are indispensable. As you may remember I wrote in another thread that the accustic signal sometimes doesnt appear and I thought it was random, but in reality its one possible damage.

This RNG thing can really suck, because if I get hit several times I sometimes don't even care, while in other runs the first hit destroys my whole plan.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

Good news: Scalpel and I should get the moderator-status for this board. At the moment I can not do everything I should do (like pin/unpin), but at least I can already edit this start post here, so I can keep track of the leaderboard. I think the rest will be possible soon, so that I can unpin the old threads and pin this one.

• Like 1

For me this might be it,

Just not fun at all to play a game for seconds or a tenth of a minute then over like that. Lol level 6 is just unbearable and playable for me.

Have Fun guys !!and those who achieve scores over 1000 or close to ,well done Jedi masters!

Cheers

Looking forward to see how high of a score can be had playing this game at level 6. :)

post-40874-0-40585900-1510617792_thumb.jpg

I am sorry that its so unfun for you, but I hope you still understand why Mode 4 wasnt an option.

I sent a list with titles for the next poll towards Scalpel and wait for his feedback. On that list there are much more fun games for sure, I guarantee that. But, as in the last poll, its up to you guys. As you hopefully remember I wasnt very happy with Star Strike from the beginning and than (unfortunately too late I guess) really suggested to not vote this game. But yeah, now we know that the game is not a good one for HSC, at least something.

I really want everyone to know something. I did not chose Mode 6 to troll anybody, or to underline my opinion about this game. I tried to explain why it was choosen and I stick with these statements. All the other modes are not playable as a HSC. It has nothing to do with "challenging" or something like that, like Mr-Me said in another thread. Sure other modes can be challenging as well, but its not the only point to qualify as a HSC game.

We have a wide spread of different players and we also often had in the past crazy duels, were two or more players pushed each other over the top. In all the other modes there is a "perfect game" and you just cant beat the perfect score. Sure it would be very hard to get the perfect game and probably no one had done it. But you also can't know that and exactly that is the reason why the only Arcade-Mode was choosen. Here is no perfect score. Every score can be beaten and thats what makes this challenge spicy a lot of the time. I don't know if the score will roll over at some point, but I am sure we are far, far away from that, so it doesnt really matter.

In the future I also will pick the best mode for the challenge over the most fun mode. Its bad that some are not happy with that organization, but my highest goal was to make a fair competition and picking the best mode to compete is part of that. I completely understand that it harms the fun for some people, but having a fair competition is the basic condition of having a fun HSC in my honest opinion.

That said: Please everyone understands that we have different titles to vote, but its not part of the poll which mode we play and how the scoring works. These are things I will often just find out by playing the game what probably wins. I try to find the best mode and best scoring system every time, but my focus in that matter is to have a fair competitive system.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 2

Dont worry yourself, I definitely noticed that you are very thankful ;) I just know how its be to not understand certain things, because that was a huge problem for me in the past to accept things which seemed to make no sense for me, so I rather write too long explanations instead of just not explaining my decisions.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1