IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

I think it's semi-justified hate though it goes a bit overboard. The 2.5ft one on the NES was a kick in the nuts as that's not even long enough for most to reach the floor, but the 5ft with the SNES wasn't really bad. Just the way my room is setup I needed another foot to reach without pulling it off the shelf. Those cables are so cheap anyway $10 on high normal average retail for an added 10ft but clearanced out post-NES cancel they were $2~ and online still were had very cheaply too. I know it's still an added expense but it's like Happy Meal priced if you're smart about it if that.

I think a more fair complaint was the reset setup. The NES lacked it entirely, then the SNES one bungles it just resetting the game but not back to the menu which is kind of annoying but not a deal breaker either. Easily could have software done it or even had a toggle like press both select/start to jump out.

Edited by Tanooki

I think a more fair complaint was the reset setup. The NES lacked it entirely, then the SNES one bungles it just resetting the game but not back to the menu which is kind of annoying but not a deal breaker either. Easily could have software done it or even had a toggle like press both select/start to jump out.

You probably know this but you can use the Wii Classic Controllers "home" button to trigger the reset function. That's what I use on my SNES Classic. Although like I mention before, since they were obviously intended to be attached to WiiMotes, the cord is just as friggin short as the original NES Classic's. :It's annoying :lol:

post-31-0-14993300-1510937864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

One, yes I did, and two I think you're right looking at your picture. I bet the NES cable was tactical. They already had the cabling and jack already in production for those Wii/WiiU controllers so it was a matter of just plugging it into a NES frame for even more cost savings. They'd probably have done the same on SNES had there not been so much complaining.

I do have one of those black controllers in that picture as I haven't been able to sell it for months on ebay for $20 which is weird as it tends to go higher. I may just not relist it as my stuff closed last night again with it not going.

Hmm would that home button work on the NES if anyone has tried it?

Now I am really tempted to pull the controller and keep it, but in all fairness I find the original (well at least SNES) more comfortable.

Have they updated the NES Mini Retro Receiver for the SNES Mini like they promised? I think they're dragging their feet as they want people to buy the new proprietary ones. With an update, you could pair the Switch Pro controller with it, or one of the digital Hori fight pads, and have access to a Home button.

Does the model come with the SNES? She's clearly topless in the last two photos. Some random chicks boobs have literally been on that SNES Mini...

Scalpers had better unload these quick. Nintendo will be restocking by the boat loads. My Best Buy had plenty today at lunch, in the cage up front by the cash registers. Sorry I didn't get pics of them... :P

Still hasn't sold. I wonder why? I guess people don't want to buy product that's had stranger's tits rubbed on it. Would the auction have been more successful if a naked dude used it as a crotch block?

3 hours left, grab it while you still can... :lolblue:

Have they updated the NES Mini Retro Receiver for the SNES Mini like they promised? I think they're dragging their feet as they want people to buy the new proprietary ones. With an update, you could pair the Switch Pro controller with it, or one of the digital Hori fight pads, and have access to a Home button.

Yes... it was done by the time we got ours. Like weeks ago.

CatNapDreams

Edit: MBC said it was done in the update from September 30th, but doesn't remember the version. He also said, update your controller too, and you will reduce the pairing time.

I have used it since the day we got our SNES (after it didn't work, then he updated it/them)

Funny, I didn't need a topless chick to sell one on ebay...Sure it would have been nice (ha!), but while they've been sitting on 2 of them at $150, I listed a spare one 18 days ago, started at $90 (as in I wasn't a greedy dick about it) and it sold for $137.50. These days I probably wouldn't bank on making a profit off one though. If I saw a spare one now I'd see if a fellow AAer still needed one.

Yes... it was done by the time we got ours. Like weeks ago.

CatNapDreams

Edit: MBC said it was done in the update from September 30th, but doesn't remember the version. He also said, update your controller too, and you will reduce the pairing time.

I have used it since the day we got our SNES (after it didn't work, then he updated it/them)

Yeah I downloaded the update, just need to update the receiver.

Is anyone going to take a chance on this 3rd party accessory? I see them for $15 at my local Wal-Mart, but doesn't look like they've sold even one of them yet after noticing them a couple of weeks back.

019b2392-dd50-488d-921f-69ca0ee68338_1.b

Even if the controller itself is a dud, the USB adapter might be worthwhile to connect official SNES Classic controllers to a PC and is what interests me the most since with 10' extension cables, my SNES Classic controller cords if anything are now too long (And I don't have a need for autofire in any of these games).

I wonder if it will work with a variety of accessories like Hori arcade sticks, Classic Controller Pro's (I wonder if the analog sticks would work?), etc? I would assume that any Classic Controller could connect to a PC via this adapter, but like what happened to Emio when they released their NES Advantage inspired stick for the NES Classic and it didn't actually work with it, you never know.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Is anyone going to take a chance on this 3rd party accessory? I see them for $15 at my local Wal-Mart, but doesn't look like they've sold even one of them yet after noticing them a couple of weeks back.

Even if the controller itself is a dud, the USB adapter might be worthwhile to connect official SNES Classic controllers to a PC and is what interests me the most since with 10' extension cables, my SNES Classic controller cords if anything are now too long (And I don't have a need for autofire in any of these games).

I wonder if it will work with a variety of accessories like Hori arcade sticks, Classic Controller Pro's (I wonder if the analog sticks would work?), etc? I would assume that any Classic Controller could connect to a PC via this adapter, but like what happened to Emio when they released their NES Advantage inspired stick for the NES Classic and it didn't actually work with it, you never know.

I have the NES version and it's rock solid. I'd trust it.

019b2392-dd50-488d-921f-69ca0ee68338_1.b

I love Emio stuff!!! I have 2 of each kind for NES Classic and they work Great! (They sent adapters for the early models-See other thread).

Thank you for posting this! It looks almost like the Hori I have for Super Famicom crossed with the Hudson Soft I have for Super Famicom LOL...If they're only $15 and I can find them, I will likely be buying 2. ... Tomorrow!

Please report your impressions when you test them out, if you find them. :)

There's only a handful of reviews up on Amazon, and they're not particularly rosy with d-pad complaints. But it's an extremely small sample size and I'd trust an AtariAge user over even 50 Amazon reviews, any day.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Amazon complaints usually outrack positives as more people love to troll than gush in reviews.

Unless they fouled the molding up, it should be as solid as the NES pad. I'm tempted to grab one myself and it appears they did another mini-game guide/code book in that box too like the NES one which was kind of cool.

• Like 1

Here's the review in particular that held me back from buying it, unless I hear differently here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2WJT2EY392L4D/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B073HPD5TC

Sounds like someone like us, that knows what he's talking about and is posting an Amazon review after actually sampling the product he purchased (Something you can't always count on).

Edited by Atariboy

Yup that dude isn't your systematic problem drama queen review douche you usually get looking for attention. That one states the problem, how it was tested, and how it didn't make it. I'd have to think unless he checked it and didn't say so, it could be similar to the Switch pro controllers at launch where the d-pad rubbers inside maybe offset or somehow not making good true contact so you hit misfires. He says it works but not consistent. EMIO was huge on response with the NES when that pad failed to play nice with that mini console so maybe they'll make an adapter, recall existing, or put out a second model.

I'd have to think unless he checked it and didn't say so, it could be similar to the Switch pro controllers at launch where the d-pad rubbers inside maybe offset or somehow not making good true contact so you hit misfires.

Just FYI, I have a "first run" Pro controller, and have never had Dpad issues with it, ever. Yep, got my Pro controller (preordered on Amazon) arrived Thursday before Switch launch so I had roughly 8 hours to play with it (mail came at 4pm) prior to picking up my Switch at midnight from Gamestop. Maybe I was lucky, but I never had any issues or complains about the Pro controller Dpad. And I played Tetris/Puyo with it, with hard drops on dpad up, never had an accidental drop. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe all the people complaining about the Dpad don't know how to operate one. I haven't had issues with accidental diagonals, nor intended diagonals failing to register. My Pro controller Dpad simply works, and is awesome for games which require digital control. It is by far the most comfortable modern controller I've ever held in my large man hands (if you posess child sized hands your opinion might differ), far superior to the Joycon cradle. I only use Joycons when in portable mode, and rarely ever use the dock unless I have my friend over. And I give my friend first choice, and he always picks the Pro controller over the Joycon(s). Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 1