IGNORED

Dear Nintendo I'm Done.

Right now the state Im living in have very little or no large amount selling any of the units also even the cheapest online scalpers its still too much. Thats why Im also hoping to fine any of the real games out of the wild and hoping I can get them on my real systems. If I can fine a way to get the Classic minis with out spending more then just fining the real carts I could.

• Like 1

Don't see SNES classic in any stores around here. They never seem to get them in.

If you want the best chance, go to your local retail store each day for the next 7-14 days and you should be able to get one. You may have to ask the staff as most times they don't put them on the shelves right away.

post-39059-0-83343600-1512272667_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oldschool80skid

If you want the best chance, go to your local retail store each day for the next 7-14 days and you should be able to get one. You may have to ask the staff as most times they don't put them on the shelves right away.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. After you factor in gas money and the time you've spent, you may as well just pay the scalpers. I'd stick with that brickseek Walmart link Punisher posted in the other thread. Worked for me.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. After you factor in gas money and the time you've spent, you may as well just pay the scalpers. I'd stick with that brickseek Walmart link Punisher posted in the other thread. Worked for me.

Lucky for most wally world is not to far. I have 2 and spent 6 minutes total in time and $2.oo in gas to purchase them. Also, no sales tax in Delaware. Your mileage may vary.

I've got three.. and I wasn't even trying hard except on the first one. Nintendo is pushing out supply but let's face it.. these things are popular. I noticed that Switches are getting in stock everywhere at the moment, so maybe that's their focus this holiday season.

Nice, But here one issue, my roommate has the car and he go to work Mon to Fri and Im living in a place where almost NO Bus route at all:P And I cant have a car for illness reason. So when I do go to the stores 99% of the time its gone and all the Gamesop, Target, Bestr Buy said they only get like 3 to 5 a shipment. Im in Virginia state US.

Edited by Atariboy2600

Did they clone the NES Mini?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Mini-Classic-Edition-Entertainment-Console-Built-in-30-Games-for-NES-Xmas/401437390377

(aside the obvious photoshop to remove the N name in the box, the rest could very well be cloned/copied, it is not that N had an exclusive deal on the R16 CPUs)

Did they clone the NES Mini?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Mini-Classic-Edition-Entertainment-Console-Built-in-30-Games-for-NES-Xmas/401437390377

(aside the obvious photoshop to remove the N name in the box, the rest could very well be cloned/copied, it is not that N had an exclusive deal on the R16 CPUs)

Yeah, someone did. You can find reviews of it on YouTube.

"(to quote Arlo)"

Who's Arlo? Arlo Guthrie?

Arlo? Isn't that the dime-store Grover on YouTube?

That's the guy. Not super into the Nintendo-centric style, but it is interesting getting reviews and insights from a knockoff sesame street character.

(For the curious: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-9QiiVaViuqMhLp1XEwdxA)

I've got three.. and I wasn't even trying hard except on the first one. Nintendo is pushing out supply but let's face it.. these things are popular. I noticed that Switches are getting in stock everywhere at the moment, so maybe that's their focus this holiday season.

They said they were kind of indirectly months ago. When they upped the ante the first couple times on the SNES CE and then talked about the NES being back next summer, they also said they were producing far more Switch systems for their first holiday season and would be holding back some and seeding more steadily to stores so they could be found. The Switch to them is #1, 3/2DS is #2, and well beyond is the the rest as open systems with games and eshops are worth far more than a closed mini system.

Or with an Everdrive on real hardware.

Yeah but he also said a handheld. A well working stock Nomad isn't that cheap and a battery vampire too. They can be upgraded but that really adds to the price. The Sega ATgames handheld this year still is firecore garbage, but next year there's a good chance it will be the upgraded core they're going forward with now.

Everyone I know that wants one of these has been able to get one. Yes, you have to put in a little extra work to get one, but they are THE hot toy of this holiday season. They are out there, but you will have to hunt harder to get one. Notice I said the word "toy". That's how it's viewed by your typical consumer. Just like Cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle Me Elmos, Beanie Babies, Hatchimals, and (of course) the NES Classic, everyone is caught up in the holiday hysteria trying to find one.

Honestly, I tried to find one myself, but after half-lazily searching for a bit I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and (yes, I'll be that guy) I built a Raspberry Pi instead. I still have my original SNES, and a modded Wii, and a ton of ROMS dating back years, but I do understand the appeal of having something turn-key that will play some games out of the box for people that don't have access to all that.

Frankly, I'm happy for Nintendo. They are kicking ass!!! They are staying relevant in the minds of not just gamers, but casual consumers as well. The more demand for stuff like this, and the more our hobby will thrive.

• Like 1

Arlo? Isn't that the dime-store Grover on YouTube?

Anyway, kinda done with Nintendo right now. I lost that lovin' feelin' after they killed Miiverse. I don't think they understood (or cared) how important that social network was to its fans. Nothing else is really the same thing, although there are at least a couple of web sites which desperately try to imitate it.

I know the Switch is doing well for Nintendo, but I'm not personally on board with it. It strikes me as what the Wii U should have been, and I already paid for the test run. I can't pay for every game system that comes down the pike, and I'm not especially inclined to get this one.

I wonder... Would Arlo have anything to do with VideoGames.org? http://www.videogames.org/html/index.shtml