IGNORED

Atari Christmas, get the snowball rolling...

_The Doctor__

Every year by now I had been treated to interesting, wonderful, and quite cool picture, musix, small demos and game all depicting the joy or heartfelt warmth of the season and our machines of choice delivering those sites, sound, and images.

Who will be the first to get the new and original amusements and delights rolling?

Slightly related, I was looking at the who's browsing bit at the bottom of the page and apart from me there was a user called 'Bing' (I'm presuming a search bot) and suddenly the notion that THE Bing was on our little forum at Xmas time singling merrily about roasting chestnuts on the fire and all his other Christmas songs just made me smile a lot....Very Xmas :)

Yeah, silly I know...

• Like 1

Attached is the first Atari Xmas demo I ever remember seeing. Not sure the author was ever discovered.

I do believe that was our very own Claus Bucholz (see the CB81 in the corner).

Also the 1st demo I ever downloaded at a blazing 300 bps.

• Like 1

I do believe that was our very own Claus Bucholz (see the CB81 in the corner).

Also the 1st demo I ever downloaded at a blazing 300 bps.

Yes, it was ClausB and he himself posted two revised versions of his original demo, back in '08. (Was it really that long ago? Yikes!)

He also fixed some of the variations that others had created using his DLI code and added the revised code to the BASIC builder which someone else wrote. (See XMASCRO2.zip).

Edited by a8isa1
  • Like 2

depends on if it's on an XE or a 800XL and never checked to see if there was a PAL NTSC reason though.

I modify my 800XL's to follow XE artifact color

You can always adjust tint on ntsc machines or on a crappy lcd monitor play with color temperature setting... see what you can do...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I don't suppose anyone has Milatari (Milwaukee Area Atari user Group) disks? They had a Christmas contest for several years. One year I had a 63 color Christmas tree, and a lame BASIC game like Freeway with an elf crossing the road to get presents while avoiding skiers, skaters, sleds, reindeer, and ummm arctic penguins (I guess they were on vacation from the south pole.)

Yeah,

Click! is one of my favs at xmas time :)

... and doing something for the next NYD :D

time for a game of CLICK!

Maybe a post of all the links to Christmas related stuff, and Christmas releases of games?

or time for a game of Click!!