IGNORED

Flying Shark

Asmusr

I didn't notice any music issues, but I didn't listen to the raw files either.

Only one thing bugs me -- the landing sequences. ;) The plane needs to move towards the shadow. If the shadow moves, it means the angle of incoming light is changing :)

(Edit: after thinking this through for a few minutes, I suppose if you were looking straight down and the light was coming from a steep enough angle then only the shadow would appear to move. But I still think it looks odd. Maybe the plane moving looks odder. Feel free to disregard. ;) )

Edited by Tursi

Just reporting in. I thought maybe F18a vs stock might make a difference and for me it does. My F18a equipped TI exhibited the same music speed fluctuations being reported by others. I tested that first.

On my unmodified console, the music itself sounded slower from the start. I did not notice any slow down or speed up at all while playing. Very faintly there is a glitch sometimes, almost sounds like a skipped frame in the audio if that makes any sense. Going back to the F18A equipped console, the music is definitely playing a lot faster from the start of the game and slowing down with heavy graphics.

I hope this information comes in handy.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I just had a chance to run it on hardware, and it appears I have major problems with the timing of the music.

[Edit: It appears there's not only problems on hardware but also in other emulators than my own :)]

It runs pretty rock solid in my MAME64 setup (default settings). Music seems all fine. Didn't notice any hiccups. Ran it twice for more than 5 minutes.

JS99er seems to play slightly faster and has occasional hiccups. There might also be a slight wavy change in tempo - or is it some kind of catchup thing.

;)

Well, it's also been reported on some emulators, but not always. I wonder if this is just a case of being that close to the edge? Remember that on real hardware, the CPU clock can vary by as much as 10% between machines (+/- 5% from the rated - I've owned machines that I measured near both ends of that). The VDP clock has much tighter accuracy. Could this just be a case of a slower clock being more susceptible and a faster clock getting over the edge? We've seen more and more tight races as we've been pushing the hardware harder over the years.