IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

How far do you have to be to play an 8ft image? On a "big" 80" lcd, the 4:3 image scales out to be around 60". but I have to sit back about 10 ft or so to enjoy it. Kinda hard to do with the snes classic without extenders and a long hdmi cable :P

Boy I'd have to measure...I think I am 12-15 feet away from the wall on the couch. Whatever the projector chart told me was the correct distance for the size!

So I finally opened one of my minis last night LOL. I tested Street Fighter first. I pumped the stars all the way to max difficulty and picked Ryu. They tossed me to Dhalsim. I lost the first match as I really miss my ascii turbo controller. Played him again and won. It is apparent it is the same BS cheating game LMAO. I then got to Ryu and I was not even going to waste my time trying to out throw a max computer w/no turbo. I then tried a few more games and played super punch-out. I did seem to feel a slight delay on all games but it was not horrible.

It is time to start modding. I will be adding retroarch and making this a dual nes/snes combo w/all the best games. Nobody cares about 700 crappy games. People would rather have 300 games you want to play. I am debating adding mame and such as well.

Does anyone know if there is any advantage certain games will have using canoe instead of retroarch? It appears just using retroarch on the problem games is all you need.

I may toss some good genesis on as well. Not sure how many games I can pump on this bad boy but I will be going for quality over quantity.

I'd have never done it if my buddy hadn't done it first. I was very intimidated by the measurements etc but he kind of helped me through it. And of course it has to be very dark to look good. But it's great for games/movies/sports.

And I have to say I played F-Zero last night....even sitting at a weird angle (due to those DAMN SHORT CONTROLLER CORDS!!!) it was awesome. That game more than the others I have played really benefited from being HUGE.

Hah basically you're in a way recreating that cheesy ad with a teen Paul Rudd for the SNES right after it came out. They projected a huge image of it on a screen with a snes standing on a pedestal.

• Like 3

Aaah I see.. very strange, as you could have made 10s of dollars!

I commute to work everyday and get more than that. And it still isn't much after taxes. If I could take days off at the plant in order to scalp minis, I'd be losing money. I think many of the scalpers are housewives/husbands whose spouse have a posh job, or still living in their parents basements, to have time to spend gas driving around bargain hunting all day so they can flip on eBay. It's less than minimum wage if breaking even, let alone afford living expenses. This includes scalpers running to flea markets for game deals too. Everyone has a smartphone; it takes two seconds to see what something's worth.

These are getting pretty easy to get a hold of. That walmart brickseek link is the way to go. I was just able to grab another one as a XMAS present for a family member. No lines, or wall of scalpers. I was in and out of the store in 5 minutes.

idk, depends on where you live. In my area, NJ/NY, there's so many people, they vanish right away.

idk, depends on where you live. In my area, NJ/NY, there's so many people, they vanish right away.

Well, you still got to be somewhat quick about it, but I'm in a heavily populated area as well. I grabbed this last one at 8 am on a Saturday morning. Which is prime line up for merchandise time for people who are doing holiday shopping for hot ticket items. But no one else was there when I grabbed this one.

Edited by keepdreamin

I snagged one for my friend at WM, and a Mario Kart 2DS for me! Honestly, they're getting on average barely $100 on ebay a piece. Not worth flipping IMO. Also the way they have them stored, most people won't even see them.

You are lucky. All the MK 2DS bundles are sold out my me. I looked at five stores today. I ended up getting the Mario Bros one for one of my daughter's for Christmas.

Saw this at my local Best Buy today. Counted At least 30. attachicon.gif20171211_123339.jpg

+1 Pretty much what you saw at your local 'Buy was identical to what I saw in early November on an idle friday during lunch break, near the checkout counter. I left my phone in the car so no photo op. :P

And I walked into a Best Buy on my lunchbreak a few weeks ago and they had a cage full of Switches and SNES Minis next to the register. You did not look hard enough. Last I checked, we don't have a World of Nintendo store here either. Did you get it?

Scalpers had better unload these quick. Nintendo will be restocking by the boat loads. My Best Buy had plenty today at lunch, in the cage up front by the cash registers. Sorry I didn't get pics of them... :P

Not $20 profit at that point.

You still have tax (8% here for instance, which means we're now at $14 profit), if you're selling on Ebay you'll have to give Ebay 10% of what you made off the sale (Which means you paid $12, leaving you with a $2 profit), and then Paypal is 30 cents plus 2.9% (Which means if you took say $130 including shipping, you paid Paypal $4.07, leaving you $2.07 in the red). And that's not counting gas, time, extra insurance out of your own pocket to cover the full value of the item, etc.

You lose money on the deal at $100. Not sure why a scalper would ever sell at that point instead of just taking their receipt and returning it for a full refund, but some appear to be doing it on Ebay for some bizarre reason.

Edited by Atariboy

You lose money on the deal at $100. Not sure why a scalper would ever sell at that point instead of just taking their receipt and returning it for a full refund, but some appear to be doing it on Ebay for some bizarre reason.

These were sold almost 3 months ago. Target had a 2 week return, other than that you would have to take a gift card. Wal-Mart would likely give you a hard time returning them since they were never really sealed and you can't prove it is unopened. I would imagine after a month or so these are hard to return anywhere.

People banked on if they held out long enough supply would be low and demand would be high. They lost the gamble. They are now sitting on extra units they can't get their money back on especially if they purchased at a place they don't shop. They would rather lose $5 and suck up the losses instead of getting a gift card to a store they don't shop at.

I agree Nintendo really met demand on this. If anyone still does not have one they just didn't try at all. My buddy told me Best Buy had a 100 of them yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if more trickle in over the next few weeks. I see people freaking out on craigslist now and on facebook lol. They are going ape shit trying to unload these things lol.