IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Not $20 profit at that point.

You still have tax (8% here for instance, which means we're now at $14 profit), if you're selling on Ebay you'll have to give Ebay 10% of what you made off the sale (Which means you paid $12, leaving you with a $2 profit), and then Paypal is 30 cents plus 2.9% (Which means if you took say $130 including shipping, you paid Paypal $4.07, leaving you $2.07 in the red). And that's not counting gas, time, extra insurance out of your own pocket to cover the full value of the item, etc.

You lose money on the deal at $100. Not sure why a scalper would ever sell at that point instead of just taking their receipt and returning it for a full refund, but some appear to be doing it on Ebay for some bizarre reason.

I happened to find one last month at my Target, which never has them in stock so I grabbed it for myself. I initially thought I might just resell it, but after doing the same math in my head, realized it just wouldn't be worth the time and effort. So it's attached to my TV now. :)

• Like 1

Start working at home with Nintendo! It's by-far the best job I've had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, ----------> https://brickseek.com/product/nintendo-nes-classic/61

Only a fool would buy them three months ago and wait until now to try to unload them in the hope that Nintendo was lying and Christmas shoppers would make the price balloon.

Right because Nintendo has such a great reputation on delivering their product to keep up with demand. The nes classic totally met demand, the switch totally met demand, this snes mini totally met demand on launch. Nintendo putting forth the effort to release more snes minis is NOT conventional for Nintendo at all.

Nintendo is losing mad support and as such they are only now listening. This is NOT normal Nintendo behavior.

Right because Nintendo has such a great reputation on delivering their product to keep up with demand. The nes classic totally met demand, the switch totally met demand, this snes mini totally met demand on launch. Nintendo putting forth the effort to release more snes minis is NOT conventional for Nintendo at all.

The difference this time is they publicly stated in mid September there will be dramatically increased supply, and advised to not pay scalper prices. Tons of articles out there about this, and we all read and commented on them at the time.

e.g.

https://www.destructoid.com/reggie-on-snes-classic-don-t-pay-scalpers-stock-dramatically-increased--460387.phtml

post-31-0-80752100-1513095569_thumb.jpg

Question is whether anyone chose to believe Reggie or not. :lol:

• Like 1

Start working at home with Nintendo! It's by-far the best job I've had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, ----------> https://brickseek.com/product/nintendo-nes-classic/61

Lol, scalpers are in the same character class of people who don't hold doors open for elderly folks entering stores. Not illegal, but definitely d-baggy.

• Like 3

I thought Reggie had some brass doing that and felt he probably was stating facts because it would horribly blow up in their face after the NES mess. When they came out with the production increases more than once, then threw the NES returns summer 2018. Nintendo had the Switch blow up on them more than expected and don't deserve to be hung out on that one. The NES original run that was blind raging stupidity though so that's fair game I hope they make better on a half year from now or so.

My local GameStop had gotten in several SNES classics so I picked one up for me.

I'm thinking of going by tomorrow morning and getting another one.

I have a possible friend interested, but they haven't gotten back to me.

Anybody interested in buying it off me at cost plus shipping?

• Like 2

My local GameStop had gotten in several SNES classics so I picked one up for me.

I'm thinking of going by tomorrow morning and getting another one.

I have a possible friend interested, but they haven't gotten back to me.

Anybody interested in buying it off me at cost plus shipping?

If you still have it after Christmas, hit me up.

Best Buy last night (friday) had two SNES classics sitting on a table near the front. This was around 7pm or so, so they'd been sitting probaly since morning. If it's taking all day to sell out stock put out in the am, this is a good sign imo that supply is slowly satiating demand. The few stragglers who haven't picked one up yet really aren't looking hard enough. Third time I've walked into store midday or later and seen stock available, not even looking for them. Switches are stocked regularly at Walmart and elsewhere. After the Christmas frenzy dies down, it should be possible to find the classics easily if they continue supplying early January restocks.

Be patient folks,and please don't feed the scaplers. They can sit on them till kingdom come, or resell them at a loss minus fees.

Also looking forward to the N64 announcement next year! :grin:

Be patient folks,and please don't feed the scaplers. They can sit on them till kingdom come, or resell them at a loss minus fees.

This is not even possible. Most places allow a 90 day return on unopened items. Release date was 9-29, you could wait till after Christmas and still get a refund. I guess for people who purchased on-line it would be more feasible but not for in store purchases, especially when places like Target gave you gift receipts lol. It was really a no lose gamble.

Just on the last page, he tried to argue the exact opposite...

These were sold almost 3 months ago. Target had a 2 week return, other than that you would have to take a gift card. Wal-Mart would likely give you a hard time returning them since they were never really sealed and you can't prove it is unopened. I would imagine after a month or so these are hard to return anywhere.

• Like 2

Just on the last page, he tried to argue the exact opposite...

Whether you can get cash back is the hard part. You can most definitely get a gift card and if you shop there anyhow it's not that big of deal.

My first post was giving a reason as to why they may sell at lower cost which would be not being able to get cash. My 2nd post was responding to taking a loss, which getting a gift card is not really a loss.

Nice job reading between the lines though and taking one thing I said out of context and making it apply to something completely different. Here take a star, you earned it for your grand detective work.