IGNORED

Pirate_se little score challenge

chavert

I'm assuming that's what he meant. To show my appreciation for everybody involved, I have dug up LeDuc's treasure and am offering the following at the end of the original timetable:

1st place individual - $50 AtariAge store credit

2nd place individual - $25 AtariAge store credit

In the event of a tie by two or more, first to reach that score wins.

@chavert - you are eligibile to participate if you so choose.

• Like 5

I'm assuming that's what he meant. To show my appreciation for everybody involved, I have dug up LeDuc's treasure and am offering the following at the end of the original timetable:

1st place individual - $50 AtariAge store credit

2nd place individual - $25 AtariAge store credit

In the event of a tie by two or more, first to reach that score wins.

@chavert - you are eligibile to participate if you so choose.

cool, it's super nice of you. thank you :thumbsup:

No. The biggest difference is the sprites are monochrome. These were some of the first programs I wrote for the 2600. Back then I was using bB and it was not quite as full-featured as it is now.

You can check it out here. Also, hit fire 3 times at the title screen to get to the Easter Egg game.

p2p_ntsc_final.bin

Edited by s0c7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No. The biggest difference is the sprites are monochrome. These were some of the first programs I wrote for the 2600. Back then I was using bB and it was not quite as full-featured as it is now.

You can check it out here. Also, hit fire 3 times at the title screen to get to the Easter Egg game.

p2p_ntsc_final.bin

That's cool. Have you thought of replacing the standard game with the SE on the pirate phantom cart?

Not really. I've thought seriously about asking Al to retire the Phantom II cart more than once. May still do it at some point. It's currently the oldest thing in the store written in bB (over a decade now). If I were to ever do anything new with Pirate, it would probably be a complete rewrite in asm.

Side note: If anybody wants SE on a physical cart, I give Al the OK to make a custom cart for them. Just don't make them to sell.

Edited by s0c7
  • Like 1

Not really. I've thought seriously about asking Al to retire the Phantom II cart more than once. May still do it at some point. It's currently the oldest thing in the store written in bB (over a decade now). If I were to ever do anything new with Pirate, it would probably be a complete rewrite in asm.

Side note: If anybody wants SE on a physical cart, I give Al the OK to make a custom cart for them. Just don't make them to sell.

The original did have that what I called bB look to it. I remembered playing phantom more but i probably didnt know what i was doing in pirate back then. I was never a huge fan of how bB games looked back then.

Did you use bB for Dungeon?

Out of my old stuff, Phantom II/Pirate, 1775, Star Hawk, & Cold War (Stella's Stocking cart) are bB games.

Dungeon is a hybrid.

Bifrost and Dungeon II are all asm.

It might not get the same type of playtime due to the nature of the type of game. But it is one of if not my favorite homebrew. I never thought id play a game like it on my atari.