IGNORED

HSC Season 9 - Game 3 - Commando

Ignorama

8,840 18,600 35,700

i'm always impressed with how well they did making this game for Intellivision.

I think I made a mistake on the first score posted, there doesn't seem to be "40"s in this game. this was my 2nd attempt ( the 18k). now to play more & return with pics...

post-34560-0-80507000-1514398818_thumb.jpgpost-34560-0-65683300-1514398858_thumb.jpg

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

m-crew - 126.400

Ignorama - 53.000

alpha_male - 51.500

crade - 39.100

S.Baz - 35.700

jblenkle - 16.800

Intymike - 9.700

Also a picture of my entry. Still never saw mission 2 :lol: I came to the gate with all my lifes and got killed over and over again. But at least its a decent spot to kill a lot of enemies and collect grenades, so the score is not too bad.

I wonder if there is a 3rd mission and 126.400 seems pretty amazing :D

post-35236-0-26909000-1514551839_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"But at least its a decent spot to kill a lot of enemies and collect grenades"

This is the trick, especially when you make it to the 2nd mission, Try to make it to the 2nd level with most of your lives and you can rack up lots of points using grenades(and picking them up) and shooting as many people you can .. Also there are spots that if you fight awhile before moving on you can rack up your points.(just never stand still always move and watch out for grenades being tossed at you)

I haven't figured out how to pass gate 2 just yet. lol

Thanks for the compliment , I have seen a higher scores in the HSC season 6 I think..

I really have enjoy playing this game , it really challenging in a fun way.

Cheers

I understand why you like this game. I personally really would love if the "Rambo" would run faster. Its painful sometimes to avoid projectiles and I really wonder who in the developement thought its a good idea to paint the bullets green when they fly through gras. Its not enough to fire a ton of them, nope, they have to be nearly invisible :lol: If the character would run faster it would be a lot easier as well, so I don't know if the balancing would still work. But I was a bit mad when I had to shot down the last enemie at the gate and he chased me, because he was too close to turn around and shoot and faster, so he run after me until he touched me and I died :(

• Like 1

Its painful sometimes to avoid projectiles and I really wonder who in the developement thought its a good idea to paint the bullets green when they fly through gras. Its not enough to fire a ton of them, nope, they have to be nearly invisible :lol: ...(

The bullets and grenades look like they are drawn with background tiles rather than moving objects. They change colour as they move through open space, to grassy areas, and when they come close to tree trunks. You can only have two colours on a tile so the projectile has to be the same colour as the other stuff in that tile. Must have taken some clever progeamming to make that work. Why not use moving objects. Well there are only eight of them total. Your character is one and if you can fire upto four shots at a time; that's five already. I've seen at least four moving enemy soldiers, each can fire at you. The programmer didn't have much choice but did a nice job overall. [Perhaps less scenery would have helped.] Edited by mr_me